wacky STOP light random fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wacky STOP light random fault
not known this before on any pugs...

Drove in dark last night for first time in a while...noticed the STOP light on, but very very very faintly.

Being a OCD freak...I pull over, get the multimeter and torch out and check all levels, charging rates etc etc and nothing. The car isnt misbehaving and the engine appears fine.
So I carry on, now late for our appointment.
STOP light continues on but VERY faintly.

get home and notice that when I put it in reverse, the STOP light is bright, the coolant temp drops to nothing and the coolant warning light comes on.
I also have no reverse lights.

WTH?!?!?!? Huh

before I start diggin around in the dark and bleeding everywhere...anyone got any ideas?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Some kind of earthing issue. Theres an earth by the go faster pedal check that one first Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I am guessing earth too...going to be one hell of a hunt though...hence asking first!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 04:59 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I am guessing earth too...going to be one hell of a hunt though...hence asking first!

Theres not that many, But go for the dash one first because your issue seems to be dashboard related Big Grin Makes sense and all that Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
cheers tomo...search begins tomorrow...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
all earths checked....hmmm...no change

checked voltage to reverse lights... 0.7vs?!?!

So did some fuse checking...

turns out a fuse had blown and then refused itself...allowing only minimal voltage through...

new fuse and fixed!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan always on + STOP light on dashboard arooscroocked 20 4,615 03-02-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: arooscroocked
  Stop light flashing on and off Welshy_Pete 15 3,606 20-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete
  noise behind glovebox aircon and stop light tomd306 11 2,193 29-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Last Post: highwayman306