306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: wacky STOP light random fault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not known this before on any pugs...

Drove in dark last night for first time in a while...noticed the STOP light on, but very very very faintly.

Being a OCD freak...I pull over, get the multimeter and torch out and check all levels, charging rates etc etc and nothing. The car isnt misbehaving and the engine appears fine.
So I carry on, now late for our appointment.
STOP light continues on but VERY faintly.

get home and notice that when I put it in reverse, the STOP light is bright, the coolant temp drops to nothing and the coolant warning light comes on.
I also have no reverse lights.

WTH?!?!?!? Huh

before I start diggin around in the dark and bleeding everywhere...anyone got any ideas?!
Some kind of earthing issue. Theres an earth by the go faster pedal check that one first Smile
I am guessing earth too...going to be one hell of a hunt though...hence asking first!
(30-11-2012, 04:59 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]I am guessing earth too...going to be one hell of a hunt though...hence asking first!

Theres not that many, But go for the dash one first because your issue seems to be dashboard related Big Grin Makes sense and all that Wink
cheers tomo...search begins tomorrow...
all earths checked....hmmm...no change

checked voltage to reverse lights... 0.7vs?!?!

So did some fuse checking...

turns out a fuse had blown and then refused itself...allowing only minimal voltage through...

new fuse and fixed!!!