Cone filter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cone filter
I want to put a cone filter induction kit on my NAD has anyone got one and does anyone have any pics of it fitted please

Will
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 12:50 PM)Willo Wrote: I want to put a cone filter induction kit on my NAD has anyone got one and does anyone have any pics of it fitted please

Will

induction filter might sound a bit more tractory but you'll not be enjoying the sound of the charger sucking in loads of air and the Turbo spooling...and dunno if there would be any performance improvement..doubt it. If you look through the xud posts there are a few projects with a pic or two of the engine bay. I'd post one up now but my phone is an arse for doing that kinda thing!
Thanks given by:
erm. he wont enjoy turbo spool on a NAD!!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 08:26 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: erm. he wont enjoy turbo spool on a NAD!!
[/amquote

that's why I said he won't be enjoying it....

(23-11-2012, 08:26 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: erm. he wont enjoy turbo spool on a NAD!!
[/amquote

[/amquote

Thanks given by:
heres a pic of mine
[Image: photo0178.jpg]
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Where do they mount on these as I can't tell
Thanks given by:
Mines mounted behind the passenger side headlight.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Screw that, de-filtered NAD, wound in pump coaling like f*ck at full throttle's where it's at. Ifi t's not gunna go fast atleast make it fun?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
save the 30 or however much a cone filter is these days and spend a 1er on a dturbo engine and whack it in de-filtered and enjoy Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 11:00 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Screw that, de-filtered NAD, wound in pump coaling like f*ck at full throttle's where it's at. Ifi t's not gunna go fast atleast make it fun?

this. NAD coal FTW
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
if your gonna go with putting on an induction kit, try and get it in front of the battery in that space behind the headlight. some useful holes around that area for adding in a mounting bracket if your gonna do it properly, although i doubt it will make any difference on a nad since the whole point of a cone filter is for the benifit of a turbo. personally i would just go with a K&N replacement panel filter, might gain a couple of bhp without all the hassle of finding somwhere to put a cone. upto you at the end of the day though....
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I've already got a nearly new cone filter that's why I was thinking of putting it on this car if not ill just stick it on the bay of E
Thanks given by:
I thought to myself how much power could be made on a NAD, just by removing some govnor weights and a 12mm head, just so she revved to high buggery Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if you already have it then go for it. it cant hurt to let an engine breath a bit easier Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 11:32 PM)Dave Wrote: I thought to myself how much power could be made on a NAD, just by removing some govnor weights and a 12mm head, just so she revved to high buggery Big Grin

Only one way to find out!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
An I right in thinking that it bolts up to the front of the silver part

[Image: 70F50399-01BF-431B-9990-4D13C3F7B659-181...95B9DA.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It does yeah. removing the airbox isnt too much hassle but your going to need some better hoses to replace the crappy rubber one, get some silicone, couple of straight pieces and 2x 90 degree elbows should be sufficient.
what filter are you intending to replace the standard box with? does it have mounting holes?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
It might be worth doing the racoon filter whilst it's off.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Ill check the raccoon filter where bouts was it again !

I've got a piece of stainless steel tube and some silicon pipe that came with the kit for the cone so ill see if that will work
Thanks given by:
Get a bosch on her! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
It's on the maybe list but don't know if its really worth doing on a NAD I ain't gonna get much in the way of gains am I ???
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know the diameter of the intake pipe where it meets the silver part on top of the engine please
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-...3373e7a53b

My NAD go BWWAAAARRRRRPPPPPPP Tongue
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 01:07 PM)Willo Wrote: Does anyone know the diameter of the intake pipe where it meets the silver part on top of the engine please

easiest way is put a tape measure across it lol, but I think the inlet hole is about. 2 inches across
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
What I've got might fit then hopefully
(27-11-2012, 01:25 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-...3373e7a53b

My NAD go BWWAAAARRRRRPPPPPPP Tongue

Lol don't they add something like 100 bhp on a corsa
Thanks given by:
I ran my dturbo defiltered for a few days. I'm glad I put a cone filter on the car when I did because a few days later I drove through a sandstorm, the filter was coasted in sand afterwards. Not good if that goes in the engine.
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 02:01 PM)Bengley Wrote: I ran my dturbo defiltered for a few days. I'm glad I put a cone filter on the car when I did because a few days later I drove through a sandstorm, the filter was coasted in sand afterwards. Not good if that goes in the engine.

Not likely to come across too many sandstorms in the UK though!
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
We need that program over here
Thanks given by:
Love it might have to campaign to get that program here
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recharging a cone air filter devils_fuel 33 8,059 29-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz