Dealer Prices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealer Prices
So me being bored earlier, led to me poping down to robins and day to see how much it would be for a "service kit" cosisting of oil, air, fuel filters and 5ltrs of 5w40, oh and a sump washer. Now the prices I got were for non trade, as I was just wondering what it costs to joe public, and I was quite surprised at the prices. £26ish for the oil, which I didn't think was too bad, but then the prices of the filters were just plain stupid. £8odd for the oil, then about £15 each for the fuel and air filters! Oh and £1.** for a sump bunh washer?! I mean what the hell is that about!?

Just wondering if anyone has previously bought any of these items and what they paid for them?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I reuse the copper washer once or twice, never ever had a drip.

As for the filter, i'd rather pay a few quid more for OEM quite frankly than some of the shite that's on the market, though this is speaking about my HDi in particular. Air filter is twenty something quid though, as is the fuel filter iirc. I get discount at Peugeot Peterborough though as i've been shopping there for a number of years, plus I used to get my Rover bits there too (was one dealer with 8 dealerships and all the parts were together) so all the guys on parts knew me, I get 20% off i think. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, i've done 170000 miles in my HDI, 50 of which on stage 1 and i've never had an engine related issue.

Peugeot prices are pretty reasonable generally tbh, unless you're trying to buy a caliper or something. I laugh at people who skimp on £2.50 for something on their car once a year but go and piss 50 quid up the wall on a night out each week.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I buy my oils from pug just purely because my car seems to love the total oil and its cheap really!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 06:56 PM)C2K Wrote: I reuse the copper washer once or twice, never ever had a drip.

As for the filter, i'd rather pay a few quid more for OEM quite frankly than some of the shite that's on the market, though this is speaking about my HDi in particular. Air filter is twenty something quid though, as is the fuel filter iirc. I get discount at Peugeot Peterborough though as i've been shopping there for a number of years, plus I used to get my Rover bits there too (was one dealer with 8 dealerships and all the parts were together) so all the guys on parts knew me, I get 20% off i think. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, i've done 170000 miles in my HDI, 50 of which on stage 1 and i've never had an engine related issue.

Peugeot prices are pretty reasonable generally tbh, unless you're trying to buy a caliper or something. I laugh at people who skimp on £2.50 for something on their car once a year but go and piss 50 quid up the wall on a night out each week.

Oh don't get me wrong, I will be getting the parts from pug, but I won't be paying full price lol trade ftw Tongue was just surprised how much they actually were
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I always get the oil/fuel filter from the dealers.......there's a garage in our local town that sells the Total oil at £19.99 for 5l so obviously I get my oil thereWink
Thanks given by:
I've never changed a sump washer, and never had a leak...

I often go for unipart bits, but will be going for genuine pug stuff next time.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I get all my stuff from Halfords as I have no idea where my nearest Pugs are, plus I've got a trade card so it's all fairly cheap.

As for the sump washer I've never replaced mine, I just turn mine upside down and put it back on Big Grin
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Sump washer in Halfords is about £1.30 shop price......and about 20p trade price! lol So yeah I always change mine for the sake of 20p lol.

As for the other parts, I usually ECP for magnatec oil, then the higher quality filters. They always have discount on so it works out reasonably cheap.

However, with the Golfs I bought ALL genuine VW parts as I got discount at TPS from the dubgen forum......and look what happened to that! lol So basically sod buying expensive dealer stuff for a 10 year old car anymore.....
Thanks given by:
My cars are usually looked after in the garage i did my apprenticeship in so I pay £20 to use ramp & tools and DIY my car, parts are trade price(quality of part depends on the work it has to do), consumables are fee, years of knowledge and advice on tap and free coffee Smile. This has seriously saved me a few £k on my rover cabriolet alone lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:43 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I've never changed a sump washer, and never had a leak...

I often go for unipart bits, but will be going for genuine pug stuff next time.

Why's that jonny?

SQUEAK SQUEAK
Thanks given by:
I always get genuine stuff from pug, apart from the oil which I get from Opie.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server prices vs Desktop prices silverzx 54 11,900 23-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: procta
  car dealer on ebay "carswithnoreserve" cpikey316_ 5 8,187 27-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Ben Jay
  Ordering 306 parts from citroen dealer ? Leedunn86 14 3,853 18-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Last Post: anto