S16Turbo,SOLD!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S16Turbo,SOLD!!!!!
Starts saving
Thanks given by:
Holy mother of God that's epic!!

Presumably you can get at least a partial refund for the clutch though?!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
epic epic epic
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Get a better camera, quick!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Heart This is so amazing. I need to start a build like this ASAP. Well done man!!
Thanks given by:
Epic Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds shit. It's slow. Looks shit.

Better just give it too me now then..., Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Fair play, looks pretty awesome, you're gonna need that '6 box with a power band like that! lol

Also, need more anti-lag. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I need a box of tissues...! Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Another one with Marv taking it easy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZKx7G_nY8

gearbox is perfect , 3,4 and 5 from HDI, 3rd gear is very very nice!

[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fuckin love it bud!!!!!! This build has changed my mind about mine!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thx mate,

I think i moneyshifted the 6 today, full blast in 4rd, almost revlining, wanted to shift to 5th, that didnt go to well

i think a valve hit the piston or something

I moneyshifted the 6 today... i think a valve hit the piston :S

[Image: DSC_7868_zpsd01dec68.jpg]

[Image: DSC_7870_zps5e498f94.jpg]

starts good, runs good in neutral, just taps under load

Marvin will have a check tonight, and then well see what to do..... positive of this story i didnt have to run the 25km back home, lol!
Thanks given by:
Well still not sure what went wrong, going to have a look next week, cant be bothered now with this nice weather
Thanks given by:
Balls. What cams is it running? Hope it's nothing more serious than a couple of bent valves.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
cams are stock, nothing special.... weve got enough spare parts thats no problem luckily

I kinda feel stupid that i did this myself lol, finally got this damn thing back home,to enjoy for the summer period and then this... god must hate me, lol!
Thanks given by:
Rear end look insane on the wheels and with those arches
Thanks given by:
Ive sold the R888s and im trying to sell the 1.2s as well...

I like these better, i will change them to glossy black this winter
Thanks given by:
Ain't you running a decomp plate? Standard cams? Valves should be no where near pistons should they?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 01:38 PM)306GT30 Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GqcMvXZrig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMKlwJ637ro
I think I sex wee'd a little whistle
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
cant see how the valve would hit either?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well i layed out the carpet, pushed the old shed into the barn and got to work.

[Image: DSC_7918_zps22a5774a.jpg]

Dropped the oilpan
[Image: DSC_7919_zps1549c89d.jpg]

Removed the rodcaps, and removed the bearings, they were not in the best of shape, and cyl 3 was the worst..
[Image: b20d09e9-9a9c-49e9-a322-f87fc6680e5e_zpse6801b58.jpg]

[Image: DSC_7924_zps4eeb08ec.jpg]

When we replaced the steel oilpan for the alloy one, the alloypan almost didnt fit, pickup of the oilpump was kinda touching the pan.
I thought this wouldnt be a big problem, since i tested oilpressure afterwards and it was fine, the problem i had with driving the car after mapping ( didnt drove it much) was that my oiltemp was on the highside 100+ even on normal driving, oilpressure was good!

Good oilpressure doesnt mean theres enough flow though, and we thing this is what caused this, high revving of the engine with not enough flow (starvation)
Since i overrevved it full power in 4rd, the bearing decided it had enough, hence the tapping straight after the overrev

The crank looks very good, only where rod 3 is there are some light scratches to be seen, i cant feel them.

Were going to order 8 new bearings, put in the old sump (since i dont want to change back to the smaller oilpump for now)
Going to install the new bearings hopefully this week and then well have to see what happens Wink

It should hold for a while, hopefully until end of september then the car is back in
its place in the barn and were starting the build of the forged engine.
I then also need to buy a new clutch, were pretty sure that this clutch is fked hence the problems.

Will update asap

Cheers!

EDIT:

My first reaction because of the misshift was that i thought the valve might have touched the piston, but this cant be the case, i just didnt go in 5th gear. when i would have shifted from full power 4th to 3rd i would mechanically overreved it and fked things up bigtime.
Thanks given by:
Shitter mate. Gutted, but at least you think you've found the problem>
We all know it'll be back soon and more savage than ever!
Thanks given by:
shame but not all lost!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its not really a big of a deal, well just try some new bearings and see what happens, maybe it will hold for another good month then im happy, were already august, and around september i will suspend the turbo and put it in for wintersleep.
Had very little fun of it this summer, but all in all it was a big project, changing the whole car , exterior,engine,interiorwise, build a nice engine during winter with marvin, sort a new clutch and then were back next year with some more power... although i think anything more then 400bhp would be really overkill in a 306, now with 350/360 the car is really quick !!

Ill update when we fit the new bearings, when it goes wrong it only means that we didnt ra*e a Porsche this summer, and the end of the vids Confused
Thanks given by:
Well, put in some new bearings, car ran good for about a min of 10 and then started to make the same annoying sound again.... so parked it in the barn and for now im done with it.

Slowly going to start with the forged engine build, and well see again next year.
Thanks given by:
Unlucky mate. Another day perhaps.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Unlucky mate, I'll look forward to seeing what's up next. Honestly, this has been such an epic build. Do keep up the good work, and if you get sick of it all, sell it to me Wink
Thanks given by:
Bent rod?
JP
Thanks given by:
Hahaha thx guys, its been great fun to do this project along with my mate Marvin, maybe building something is better then driving it i dont know.... the motivation is gone thats for sure for now.
Im not that gutted though cause the fked clutch along with the reverse/3 ->2nd gearshiftproblems ruined the driving fun already.

I think the rod isnt quite round anymore, i spun the bearing full in 4 th gear, so thats quite some revs/speed.

Maybe going to break it or sell it or keep it, dont know
Thanks given by:
Would be a shame to break/ sell this now =(

Allthough I would probably take out a loan to buy it haha
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by: