V6 MTDI Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 MTDI Project
(04-01-2013, 01:39 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Awesome!! did you pack your 10mm spanner to open her up a bit for the trip back to lobbland?? You'd bloody better had Tongue

Tut Tut Tut.....you can tell who fell into the hands of the petrol heads!

10mm?? really Ed??!! #dieselfail ??
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
13mm and 6/8mm obvs
Thanks given by:
hahaha such a fail.

get some vids up
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
didnt think bonnet would close with the pump. looks abit high up. didnt think the pump would actually work on it though. top work
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2013, 08:29 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(04-01-2013, 01:39 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Awesome!! did you pack your 10mm spanner to open her up a bit for the trip back to lobbland?? You'd bloody better had Tongue

Tut Tut Tut.....you can tell who fell into the hands of the petrol heads!

10mm?? really Ed??!! #dieselfail ??

In all fairness ed, even i knew it was a 13mm and ive never even owned a derv 306! ......i only know from tuning sams nad though! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lol, niall, you only need a hammer and chisel and 4mm allen key to tune my nad lol

but yeah i knew that the max fuel on the bosch is a 13mm.... basically, Ed fails at life and should hereby pass his mod powers onto me.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it's passed. Will there be any cheeky 0-60 & 30-70 videos at some point before you give it back?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update to this today,

Been daily driving this thing for quite a while now, just totally stock bar the mtdi conversion, but decided its time for some power, I know its not mine, but uncle who owns it wants power to, so is happy to upgrade!

Stripped it down this afternoon / evening, rebuilt fuel pump with different levers / changed gov as having problems with idle control, removed the turbo as have a replacement (stock is a gen1 GT2052V.

[Image: IMAG1233.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1234.jpg]

The new blower (GTB2260VK):

[Image: IMAG1235.jpg]

Quick adapter brackets, 30 mins start to finish for manifold and downpipe ones lol, dirty and quick, but will do the job:

[Image: IMAG1236.jpg]

Blower in position and fuel pump back on (I WISH I HAD PUT TURBO ON BEFORE THE PUMP!!!!)

[Image: IMAG1239.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1240.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1241.jpg]

Got some boost hoses to sort out, and get it up and running again, and will then be pulling injectors out and putting some naughty nozzles in them, and then we should be set for some big power, but i fear the clutch / bottom end may not agree, and gotta keep this one reliable sadly!

Getting 6 injector lines to fit between the blower and pump was an interesting period of time, it was bad enough before, but not its a nitemare, but all done now and nothing touching, got it half bled but have some issues with shitty stock audi fuel system as normal, so gunna sack that off tomorrow!

Cheers n gone
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
It was only a matter of time lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
A
W
E
S
O
M
E
!!!
Thanks given by:
For the people who are on about whats the best turbo around... Thats probably one of the best turbos available at the.moment!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ive got two of these blowers now, altho the one ive got for my car isnt as new as this one, almost felt a little wrong putting a 500 mile GTB on the audi lol, doubled value of the car!!

But in theory air is there for 340-350hp and fuel is there for 600+, but gotta keep it reliable so wont be tuning it hard like that. Besides can see the stock inlet / exhaust manifolds being very restrictive before you get to that kinda power level, which is most likely a good thing really!!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
What's the aim? 250 should be easy enough?
Thanks given by:
Will just set it at around 25psi, fuel it, and see how it goes, not here to break any records or anything, uncle wants it to last apparently, told him its in the wrong hands if he wants that judging by my track record haha, but that said, Its usefull being able to drive it, so id rather it lasted to!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Sounds good. I'm down end of June, might have to come have a look if your not too busy Smile
Thanks given by:
Get on
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
theres not a single pic of the whole car on this thread, just engine haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Dont know if its just the lighting and your camera but is that pump painted JD Green? If so, proper farmer spec!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Love it!
These v6 tdis suffer serious problems with that vp44 pump...my uncle had a passat with the vp44 issues and it was a pain in the arse. Soooo much potential!

A v6 tdi quattro would be very nice!
Thanks given by:
Biggest issues with there are the camshafts / lifters wearing out and the pump, ive sacked the pump off, so that just leaevs the cams, they seem ok atm, so will keep on top of oil changes etc and hopefully they stay that way.

Have found the source of our water leak tonight, rad is fooked, so need new one, have chemical metal'ed it for now just so i can get it to hold water, all back together now of a fasion, boost hoses are rare and the bay is a state, but its a budget build, and who cares what it looks like, had brief test drive but got a serious fuel starvation issue, so tanks gunna get ripped into tomorrow to see wtf is kicking off!!

Picture of it as i drove outside:

[Image: IMAG1253.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Standard issue test drive:

[Image: IMAG1262.jpg]

Boost leak test bung:

[Image: IMAG1263.jpg]

Have found stock exhaust to be stupidly restrictive, so some welding required here, also having some fuel related problems and the stupidly over complicated vag in tank setup, so currently farsing with that!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
lmao

I think I made test bungs out of a can of GT85 and a bottle of Dr Pepper
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hats off to you bud! Love the way you just do these things
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bet you had a hellish view when you broke down! Its so clear tonight!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Well done chap, great to see you getting into some derv tuning again. Even if you are limited by your uncle!

Is that a quattro or FWD?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
When testing for a boost leak should the pressure remain at say 30psi indefinitely until pressure is released or will there always be a slight drop off?

Tested mine today for the first time ever and i was getting very slight leaks from the intercooler seal and possibly from inlet manifold.
Thanks given by:
Slight leaks wont make any odds.

If it holds any form of pressure its fine. You need a serious leak to cause an issue
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
It should stay at 30psi, if there's no leaks then there's no leaks. Depends if you have a valve or a tight seal at the airline though.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It wont stay for ever, the rings will leak a tad, but yeh if its sealed should hold for any ammount of time your sat there doing the test, but what im saying, is if say you put 30psi in, and it takes 5 seconds to loose that 30 psi, those leaks are TINY, might sound like its hissing out, but seriously, in the general sceme of the airflow going on, leaks like that wont make ANY difference...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Ive used a tyre valve t'd into the compensator piping and inflator to get the pressure up.
All these years ive probably been running with a boost leak lol.
I raised the pressure to 40psi, it gradually fell to 20psi and then stayed constant at 20psi.
Thanks given by: