Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 MTDI Project
"accidently put a bigger turbo on it" hahaha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
love the tehcnical terms used here, should start teaching mechanics these so normal people can understand them
Thanks given by:
Its alive!!!!!!!!!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nothing better than a first start, top work!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Holy Frankenpump Batman! It's alive!!!
Top work as ever MrLobb
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0884.jpg]

Mainly back together now, just working on turbo control, and tearing the oem dash out for some tweaks!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Instead of faffing with that turbo why not bolt on a rude wg one. I'm sure you have plenty kicking around!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Because once you have ran a VNT blown diesel, you would never go back to a wg one Wink

And because thats the stock turbo which im planning on leaving there for now / MOT....and then if uncle wants more power, it can go in the bin for a 2259/2360 or something more suited....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
some interesting projects leave that converted horse stable of yours Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 04:27 PM)mr_fish Wrote: some interesting projects leave that converted horse stable of yours Wink

You love it really.

And small update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yxYYV41klI
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
That. Is Amazing.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
you really dont hang about, got that running a lot quicker than i was expecting!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 05:56 PM)samass Wrote: you really dont hang about, got that running a lot quicker than i was expecting!

Faster than his own project... :p
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 06:37 PM)Carlos182 Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 05:56 PM)samass Wrote: you really dont hang about, got that running a lot quicker than i was expecting!

Faster than his own project... :p

4 cylinder projects can sit all year if there are 6 pot projects avalible!!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 06:50 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: 4 cylinder projects can sit all year if there are 6 pot projects avalible!!

QFT Wink
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
OMFG big modern V6 TD with veg potential and the stupid electronics bypassed Inlove
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Remember, veg isn't massively recommended on modern DIs without twin-tanking otherwise you do run the risk of it condensing on cold mornings, leaving loads of gum and varnish behind... Twin tank and you'd be absolutely fine tbh...

But yeah, all the electronics gone ftw!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Question is, what's the potential? I would've thought this could handle some pretty epic boost...
Thanks given by:
meh, ive been running a straight high comp DI transit on solid wvo which is left standing , and it fires right up still with no plugs, and its had a turbo conversion, there fine on veg, just dont listen to the textbook boys!

Its got potential, but dont get to excited, this isnt an all out power build...its just get it back on the road and a nice little tune up, its his daily driver...so just want some mid range punch and realibility....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I'd bet money it ends up with a stupidly large blower on it... Needs to be done mate Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: dont get to excited, this isnt an all out power build

Dude thats horse shit, Ive seen those bus pumps on ebay and know what plunger size they are and thus what power they can run.

6 cylinder is win though.
Thanks given by:
Remember a 90hp TDi runs a 10mm pump stock,as does the Rover SDi engine... A 75hp 2.5 DI Transhit van uses a 11mm.... Plunger size isn't directly comparable to power output, it depends on the engines characteristics, stroke - all sorts of factors, not just for how much power it needs...

This engine will be a torque monster, low down grunt, just prime for some clutch ra*e lol...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Its got potential, but dont get to excited, this isnt an all out power build...its just get it back on the road and a nice little tune up, its his daily driver...so just want some mid range punch and realibility....

Daily driver?! its been at your yard for near 2 years :p

(06-12-2012, 09:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: This engine will be a torque monster, low down grunt, just prime for some clutch ra*e lol...

Everyone loves a bit of ra*e Big Grin
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 09:35 PM)kernow_joe Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 11:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Its got potential, but dont get to excited, this isnt an all out power build...its just get it back on the road and a nice little tune up, its his daily driver...so just want some mid range punch and realibility....

Daily driver?! its been at your yard for near 2 years :p

(06-12-2012, 09:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: This engine will be a torque monster, low down grunt, just prime for some clutch ra*e lol...

Everyone loves a bit of ra*e Big Grin

Haha well it was, and will be again, i hope!

As ruan says, all di motors have bigger plungers to build the higher pressures quicker, the engine could make silly power with a set of nozzles like mine and big vnt, but thats not the object sadly
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 10:20 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Haha well it was, and will be again, i hope!

As ruan says, all di motors have bigger plungers to build the higher pressures quicker, the engine WILL make silly power with a set of nozzles like mine and big vnt, and that is exactly the plan

efa

this will make an awesome powerful daily cruiser
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
THIS THREAD IS FULL OF WIN !!!!!!!!1111oneone

v6 TDi has to be one of my favorite engines, sounds like its running pretty sweet too Smile
Thanks given by:
Just as an update to this,

It passed its MOT this morning, first time its had MOT in 2 and a half years according to previous MOT paper!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Hoooray!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Awesome!! did you pack your 10mm spanner to open her up a bit for the trip back to lobbland?? You'd bloody better had Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Did the testers have any questions about what youve done to It or are they used to the sort of things you get upto down there
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: