V6 MTDI Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 MTDI Project
No a4s or passat 1.8ts had cable throttle afaik... The agu golf was the only one that did, ill check down bucklands when I'm next there...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The b5 a4's did IIRC, was looking for my mate who was planning on ditching the ecu stuff on his tdi
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If none of them did (which is likely i guess) ill just weld an extension on the throttle cable and make a holder myself, probs be easier than fitting another pedal box anyway to be fair!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Looks interesting, your uncle doesn't realise how lucky he is..!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
A donor pump turned up today, was in need of a 6 pot DI camplate, only have an IDI one atm, dont normally deal with 6 pot stuff! finding them is tricky as there mainly on lorrys etc, and as soon as you mension commericial vehicle, people seem to think its worth 500 times what its meant to be, but found a pump for spares on ebay, so took a punt, paid 40 quid for it, really just preying the camplate was still ok, as everything else can be replaced with my own bits anyways, turned up today, all the head bolts rounded out, 2 of the top hat bolts rounded out, so thought, "this is a good start", anyways drilled them all out, to reveal what i suspected, a water damaged pump, so had fingers crossed it hadnt pitted the plate to bad, sadly it has a bit, although not awfully, its not ideal, but I think its good enough for an initial pump, once its prooven might even just go and buy a brand new one with hi lift, but want to here it run first!

Some pictures of the pump, for anyone that hasnt seen a rusted out example, this is all to common i might add!

[Image: IMAG0860.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0862.jpg]

But nothing a bit of TLC cant sort for now!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Got loads of 6 cyl pumps kicking around at work and a load of draws full of ve spares, il have a look for you tomorrow and see of there's any 6/DI camplates that are any good
Thanks given by:
Cheers dan appreciate it, anything 6 pot and DI, the DI ones are obviously more sharp the anything IDI....can bung this on for now, but ive done it before and find once they are pitted, they wear out / loose lift fairly quick, so would like to replace it asap even if not straight away!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Spent a bit of time today putting a pump together, altho giving some greif due to silly short snout requirement and lack of 19mm shafts with short snout and correct thread pitch to allow retaining nut to fit inside the pulley ive made, thought id upload a photo of part of my VE spare parts collection, note the cardboard box in the background that is also full of pump bodies / bits, the shelf to the left thats full, and the rack above my bench full of current pump builds Tongue still not always got the bit I need though!!!

[Image: IMAG0863.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 08:48 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Spent a bit of time today putting a pump together, altho giving some greif due to silly short snout requirement and lack of 19mm shafts with short snout and correct thread pitch to allow retaining nut to fit inside the pulley ive made, thought id upload a photo of part of my VE spare parts collection, note the cardboard box in the background that is also full of pump bodies / bits, the shelf to the left thats full, and the rack above my bench full of current pump builds Tongue still not always got the bit I need though!!!

[Image: IMAG0863.jpg]

and I thought my parts hoarding was bad........
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Spent some more time on this today, have had to fit a screwed camplate for the time being, still on the lookout bigtime for an agressive DI 6 pot VE camplate...

Anyway, after alot of hassle finally got a pump together ( was determined to run a shorter snout due to lack of room, and also limited on shank size due to pulley brew, got there in the end, but had to pilcher bits from god only knows how many pumps!

Anyway, eventually ended up with this, its not clean / pretty, but this car is just a rough daily spec thing outside, so little point going to to much effort!

[Image: IMAG0864.jpg]

Starting making up a mounting bracket, start out with a flat plate in the base to the orignal 4 bolt holes:

[Image: IMAG0865.jpg]

Then drill holes to base mount the VE:

[Image: IMAG0872.jpg]

Then kill the drill:

[Image: IMAG0869.jpg]

Get another drill out, finish the bottom plate, and test fit the pump to confirm belt alignment etc:

[Image: IMAG0875.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0873.jpg]

All seems good, am going to weld a front plate on the front of the base plate i think to catch the pumps from mount as well, and maybe also to small strips across to each head to support id sideways on.

Have gotta bend a load of new injector lines tomorrow due to old ones being vp44 style and to big for any VE Dv's, but its making progress Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darren you legend!

This is looking awesome!!! lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
a VE pump looks like it was meant to be there. Had any further thoughts on the throttle cable problem?
il be looking forward to see how it looks all plumbed in anyway Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Not looked into throttle cable, ill probs just buy a universal cable and weld the pedal to accept one / bore hole thro the bulkhead...easier than frigging around trying to find a pedal box tbh i think...

Only other issue is to be bonnet clearance, currently the bonnet will jsut close, but its resting on the pump, which will be lanme as fook, will try taking some material off the top, but failing that ill have to mount a side mounted LDA / cut hole in bonnet, not sure yet
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
i presume you have removed all the sound deadening from the underside of the bonnet? but yeah, it definatly would look lame with the top of the pump poking out through the top Sad
what model audi is it? just wandering if theres a big v8 petrol version that came with a slightly bulged bonnet?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I remember seeing a Dihatsue Fourtrack DERV thing at the scrapyard which had a very flat LDA cap, might be worth looking at on of them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_kw=fourtrak+fuel+pump
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Just read this, Looks like wicked project
Thanks given by:
Ive got a boost can style lda lid which i can use in a worst case, id just rather not waste it on this if possible...i can chop the stock lda cap down a fair bit, just weather it will be enough or not!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
This is just fantastic stuff! Good man Darren, will keep a keen eye on this
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Thats a thing of beauty right there!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Awesomeness mate
Thanks given by:
Can you not run an NA pump without the LDA and be a better driver? lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
christ thats a decent collection of parts! results of this should be interesting!
Thanks given by:
Quote:Only other issue is to be bonnet clearance, currently the bonnet will jsut close, but its resting on the pump, which will be lanme as fook, will try taking some material off the top, but failing that ill have to mount a side mounted LDA / cut hole in bonnet, not sure yet

Bonnet Scoop lash...
Thanks given by:
ideal, this build is epic Big Grin keeping an eye on this
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The lda cap on that pump looks a bit different to normal (no screw) but I took the top bit off mine by taking the screw out putting it in from underneath, then chopping the top and fillering/sanding etc.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The lack of a screw is due to the warranty cap bud Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 01:00 PM)Ruan Wrote: The lack of a screw is due to the warranty cap bud Smile

Aha I didn't even consider that should have looked a bit closer. I'm not used to seeing pumps which havn't been tampered with!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive still not got any internet at my house, but Chris has hopefully started uploading the videos ive been making and first one should be up on the link below Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wUuhhDH4Gw
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
"I mean the route issue of this audi is the ecu is f*cked." Good to see you're using technical terminology Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8M4CUC8Ek
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by: