2.1TD Swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.1TD Swap
so what are the stock power and torque for a 2.1?

108hp but what is torque?
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
110bhp and 185lb/ft mate.

the peak torque is at 2000rpm, thats motorway cruising at 60mph on a HDi box so when tuned it should do some pretty effortless overtakes.
Thanks given by:
nice can't wait or this now but not doing mine lol
Thanks given by:
FMIC is bought so i can do this conversion justice. That has hurt alot. £145 posted for a fair sized FMIC kit off ebay and another £50 on silicone bends to make a good fit of it all. Thats a £200 sting I hadn't really budgeted on.
Thanks given by:
I've got loads of brand new T-bar clamps if you need them, I've got 60-63 and 65-68 or around that.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Spent far too much today again, about £200

bosch duraterms
5l oil
oil filter
fuel filter
valeo clutch kit
rocker cover gasket
gear oil
coolant

The duraterms were a bargain, less than £25 for 4 on halfords trade.

Its all off to Kris's tomorrow for fitting to start.
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
oh you tease haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Dum,

2.1 xud rods are meaty... I was going to put some in mine.

Get a cg clutch on it, decent turbo and wind it up!
JP
Thanks given by:
Does the same rule apply to 2.1 rods that applies to 1.9/2.0hdi rods and that would be that the 2.2 Hdi rods are an upgrade to the 2.1 items or do they not fit - anyone know?
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 01:13 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Does the same rule apply to 2.1 rods that applies to 1.9/2.0hdi rods and that would be that the 2.2 Hdi rods are an upgrade to the 2.1 items or do they not fit - anyone know?

iirc the 2.1 is totally different to all you mentions as the crank has a longer throw so would be a shorter rod, Im trying to find out the dimensions of both because i want to get a custom size rodfor a build Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3655]
Thanks given by:
You gonna be getting a fmic, or keeping it top mounted for the ultra oem look?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I have just spotted this....very interested...because...

I have a 2.1 arriving on thursday...got it for 180 delivered with box/turbo/all ancillaries...so selling the bits I dont need to pay for the engine! lol!
It had only done 90k too.

But rebuilding it over the winter, new rings, hone the bores etc, skim head etc etc

Also got a HDI box on the way! lol! Already got me a boxer intercooler for a tenner!! lol!

Also putting a bosch 11mm hybrid as the one thats coming has got the lucas on it.

Theres a guy on 306pug.net who did this...he rerouted the turbo to on top of the gearbox...bigger turbo mind.

Have I missed what pump you are using?

Smile

Will have to put my project up on this site

is this the 2.1 IN?

Looks like a XUD turbo intake?!

also, lots of talk on the 306pug forum about decent clutches to take the torque...

was deemed after a lot of discussion and research and chats with companies that the latest Sachs clutch kit for 2.0hdis, 306/berlingo, has a rated power of 280ftlbs of torque.

just a thought Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 09:17 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: is this the 2.1 IN?

Looks like a XUD turbo intake?!

Sorry mate, I posted the wrong picture, the correct one of an empty bay is posted.
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 09:17 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: also, lots of talk on the 306pug forum about decent clutches to take the torque...

was deemed after a lot of discussion and research and chats with companies that the latest Sachs clutch kit for 2.0hdis, 306/berlingo, has a rated power of 280ftlbs of torque.

just a thought Wink
the stock XUD Dturbo valeo holds that torque as it's a Pull type and not a push type
Thanks given by:
CG paddle clutch ftw and very reasonably priced too, i was lucky to get new unused on ebay for 70nicker Smile

Worry about whether it can handle to torque when you have actually got near that figuire Smile
Thanks given by:
CJ the stock XUD one is enough up to that figure so no need to spend mega bucks. He just has to change the clutch fork and use his 1.9 flywheel to mount the XUD Pull type clutch
Thanks given by:
Darrens been using one and if it can survive Darrens contraptions I'm sure it'll be fine.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I just like the feel tbh Tongue
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 09:08 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: You gonna be getting a fmic, or keeping it top mounted for the ultra oem look?
Yeah FMIC is on order, just a little one but itll be big enough and certainly better than the TMIC. Its not possible to fit a TMIC to the 2.1 without custom manifolds.

(26-11-2012, 09:17 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I have just spotted this....very interested...because...

I have a 2.1 arriving on thursday...got it for 180 delivered with box/turbo/all ancillaries...so selling the bits I dont need to pay for the engine! lol!
It had only done 90k too.

But rebuilding it over the winter, new rings, hone the bores etc, skim head etc etc

Also got a HDI box on the way! lol! Already got me a boxer intercooler for a tenner!! lol!

Also putting a bosch 11mm hybrid as the one thats coming has got the lucas on it.

Theres a guy on 306pug.net who did this...he rerouted the turbo to on top of the gearbox...bigger turbo mind.

Have I missed what pump you are using?

Smile

Will have to put my project up on this site
2.1TD bits dont go for much as lots of people buy the engines for conversions (in TATA and Sizuki 4x4s usually) and they sell the ancillarys too.

Im not sure Id bother about the rebuild, Ive seen the insides of many 100k engines still have the factory honing marks.

Whats the boxxer intercooler like. Ive looked at alot of OEM intercoolers and ATM anything the right size and shape with exits in the right place costs close on what a more efficient universal one costs.

Mine is getting a 9mm pump from my 1.9TD for the minute until I can afford a rebuild.

Ive seen the thread on .net (youll notice ive posted in it). I want mine to look OEM so the turbo is staying round the back.

(26-11-2012, 09:17 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: also, lots of talk on the 306pug forum about decent clutches to take the torque...

just a thought Wink
A £100 Valeo from ECP will hold 280lb/ft too. I will probably go for a Helix if/when I need one. For now the 280lb/ft limit will probably be good for now especially as a doubt my tyres would cope with 280lb/ft in anything but 4th and 5th even in a straight line.

(26-11-2012, 09:41 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Darrens been using one and if it can survive Darrens contraptions I'm sure it'll be fine.

Me and Darren are looking for different things from our cars.

Darrens cars are rev monsters that actually dont make huge torque because the boost comes in so high up the rev range.

This is looking to be at full boost around 2krpm and that means HUGE torque and thats whatll kill the clutch.
Thanks given by:
Newbies ehh Tongue have you tried CG dum? They give me a really good quote on a solid paddle butcant remember what they guaranteed the torque ratin tbh
Thanks given by:
They rated mine to 350lb/ft and I never had it slip, even with 320lb/ft, and full throttle 2nd gear launches.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Now thats what i like to hear Smile i need to get all ma suspension bushes and engine mounts sorted before 2nd gear launches haha engine would probably leave chasis haha
Thanks given by:
I will avoid CG at all costs as theyer a bunch of lady gardens with no aftersales service. They dont care as long as they have got your money and put some shit in a box for you. It working properly or for any length of time seems irrelevant to them.
Thanks given by:
Interesting...hmmm

So what turbo are you using then?!

Yeah im powerlfex bushjng and coilovering to cope with +torque

(19-11-2012, 01:03 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: As people said it would be intresting to see...but the way i see it, is its just everything I dont want...

Long stroke = torque muncher / hates revs.....I like building revvy lightweight dervs....torque just rapes clutchs, tyres,any everyother part of the drivetrain and bottom end / makes for a boring "hdi'esqe" drive imo.....

If i was doing anything to an XUD, id be shorting the stroke even if it meant dropping it to a 1.6 / could always bore it out a bit to help out, but revs are ftw imo...but that said, not everyone is into that kinda thing, and if your after a motorway muncher, than a 2.1 400 ft pound machine would be epic!! and mpg would be offensively epic.

but whats the point in revving a diesel to the red line!?!

if you want a revvy car buy a Gti!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Im using the turbo that came with the engine as it dosent appear to be a standard one ninja but i have bits to make a hybrid anyway too
Thanks given by:
what turbo is that?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2012, 12:04 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: what turbo is that?

The one thats on there, f*ck knows, it has no markings.

The one im gonna build is gonna be a GT20 but i might sack it off and buy a BB GT25 or GT28
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 10:16 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: but whats the point in revving a diesel to the red line!?!

if you want a revvy car buy a Gti!

All will become clear when you have been on the forum long enough Smile hence one of the reasons why people change from lucas to bosch Smile
Thanks given by: