Sat waiting for my MOT fail list :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat waiting for my MOT fail list :(
I've been here since 10 so shouldn't have much longer to wait now
Only things I can think of are headlight alignment and rear wheel bearing.
The mot actually expires on the 24th so I have a week to sort it
Thanks given by:
Hand brake should be ok as you are on drums Wink
Don't think it will fail on much mate if it fails unless you have gone to a tester who doesn't like pugs lol

Thanks given by:
If it fails it fails, it will void anything remaining of the old MOT. You can only drive it to and from the test centre
Thanks given by:
It passed - couple of advisories Smile Smile Smile
Thanks given by:
That's a weight off your shoulders
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Damn straight!!!
Thanks given by:
Wot we're the advisorys

Thanks given by:
[Image: ny6aququ.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 10:44 AM)Curt Wrote: If it fails it fails, it will void anything remaining of the old MOT. You can only drive it to and from the test centre

Not actually true. I asked my MOT tester (and a VOSA rep) where you stand if your car fails its MOT before the previous one runs out. They said it is a grey area, VOSA do NOT give rules one way or the other. It doesn't invalidate the previous MOT and you can still drive it (given that the failures aren't serious), but if you do get stopped by the police you can be done for driving with a defective vehicle. So, realistically it is safer not to drive it, but it isn't technically illegal (there is no law against it) and the failure does NOT invalidate the previous certificate.

Having said that, because there is no real standing on it a police officer *could* swing it in their favour, so like I say, safer not to drive.

And nice one on the pass, I was also waiting for mine to fail last Saturday but it passed, with different advisories to the ones I was expecting. Rear left indicator faded, rear right indicator faded, load sensor stiff and corrosion within the specified area in the rear passenger arch.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate no need to worry about them really take it one clone has a slight flat on the rim Smile

Thanks given by:
Yeah, the wheel has a dent on the inside edge so I'll be sourcing a good one for now pref with a 195 50 on it so i can swap it for my spare which is a steel with a 55 on it lol till I get my Ariannes done next year when my hands are better.
Corroded front springs - Picky or what ??
He did comment about the noisy rear bearing but said there's no play so its a pass but get it sorted.
Handbrake I checked this morning and its bang on the limit of what it says in the Haynes - 7 clicks
I swapped my black side repeaters for my clears too ha ha - I ain't getting failed on that one for the sake of 2 mins to swap em lol
Positive comments from him - how clean the car is for its age - its always a pleasure to test a looked after car!
Thanks given by:
I've got a brand new rear bearing for a drum axle, bought it for the sedan but never put it on!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 12:13 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: I've got a brand new rear bearing for a drum axle, bought it for the sedan but never put it on!

Mine has ABS so needs to be the complete hub assembly
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 11:14 AM)burnmw Wrote: It doesn't invalidate the previous MOT and you can still drive it (given that the failures aren't serious), but if you do get stopped by the police you can be done for driving with a defective vehicle.

That was my understanding of it too, in fact I have driven around after failing a test.
It was only the 'exhaust to loud' which I failed on, so I just went somewhere else an passed straight away.

Obviously if you fail on bald tyres and stuff, then continue to drive and get pulled you're in trouble.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 01:34 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: That was my understanding of it too, in fact I have driven around after failing a test.
It was only the 'exhaust to loud' which I failed on, so I just went somewhere else an passed straight away.

Obviously if you fail on bald tyres and stuff, then continue to drive and get pulled you're in trouble.

Agreed, or something like brakes not up to standard or something. I think it'd be your discretion but you'd be daft to drive with serious faults.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me like a fair tester. Proberly only put the advisorys down being picky and we all know every 306 gets at least one lol

Thanks given by:
(16-11-2012, 03:23 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Sounds to me like a fair tester. Proberly only put the advisorys down being picky and we all know every 306 gets at least one lol

mine didnt Big Grin
Although most now are becoming quite a money pit when it comes to maintenance seeing as everything is just getting old and tired
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mine did and that was with my friendly tester :p always put a few things down so it looks like they actually checked the car over lol

Thanks given by:
The bearing is labeled as abs model, I'll get a pic later
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good to hear you got her through........
Thanks given by:
Cheers Gareth, I was sat their dreading the long list of fails but was chuffed to bits when he came back through and said well its a pass with 3 advisories so I'll forgive them for breaking the little white clip that holds the end of the hockey stick to the wing when they aligned the masks(didn't notice till this afternoon so can't say owt about it now).

(16-11-2012, 03:30 PM)Niall Wrote:
(16-11-2012, 03:23 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: Sounds to me like a fair tester. Proberly only put the advisorys down being picky and we all know every 306 gets at least one lol

mine didnt Big Grin
Although most now are becoming quite a money pit when it comes to maintenance seeing as everything is just getting old and tired

Like I said the tester commented on how clean and tidy it was for its age. Not bad for a car that I paid £391 for off eBay unseen in march this year that I've done virtually nothing to mechanically
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Just waiting for a mate. Andy 18 6,601 26-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Last Post: DaveW
Bug f*ck you GTi6 - waiting for the AA Dum-Dum 92 29,898 18-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Niall
  There is still £2357.43 waiting in your name!!! Ruan 20 3,906 17-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Jukie88