Power steering removal.. What belt to run?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power steering removal.. What belt to run?
Hi guys! As title states, im in the progress of removing my power steering from my DT, an as the belt will now be to long, what options do i have on a shorter belt?

Will a 306, 1.4 belt be fine?
Other then that option im unsure an need your help (:
Thanks!!
Mike
Thanks given by:
306 1.9 NAD belt I think, the one without PAS. That's what I've used.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Just making sure you're changing the steering rack too? It'll be horrific without the non-PAS rack...

But yeah, best way is to measure it with some string... Then measure the string - that's the way I've always seen it done and it does work fecking well...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yea ruan got a non PAS rack!

But thanks for the reply you two! Great help!!
Thanks given by:
I've literally just removed the ram on my PAS rack, it's a shorter lock to lock than the non-PAS ones, not heavy at all, feels lighter than Eli's '6. But then it is a 205.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Its fine to remove the ram, infact if you let all the oil come out its not even that bad with the ram on, only reason there tight as hell when pump dies is because its still full of oil!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Will it not ruin the rack with no oil in it?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
So its fine to run the pas rack? No need in the swap to an non pas rack?
Thanks given by:
Alot of people do it over on the 205 forum, never have issues.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
You can do it, I have tried a 306 with a PAS rack with no oil in, and its fecking heavy... No way I'd use it like that for any longer than I had to! That's me though!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Get some muscles then Ruan! lmao
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 11:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: You can do it, I have tried a 306 with a PAS rack with no oil in, and its fecking heavy... No way I'd use it like that for any longer than I had to! That's me though!

Was probs still oil in the ram, you can literally push the ram home and back with one finger if its dry....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Ive not had power steering since June when i bought the thing haha, forearms have gained about an inch haha

Ive got the pipe thats split just need to fit it lol

although i like the idea of no powered steering as i take steering wheel of each night and would be funny someone attempting to steer it with just the Snap-off hub
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why are you removing it?
If its just for power i have all the bits needed for a saxo electric PAS conversion for sale.

Think i measured that with just a bottom pulley and alternator it was a 6pk7??
Thanks given by:
Gonna be removing mine when I do the engine swap next weekend, Is it actually worth removing the ram? Or just make sure all the fluid is out?

Also, once the oil is out is it worth blocking the hose fittings up to stop crap getting in there and causing issues?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power steering pump whining simonson1982 7 2,001 06-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Last Post: andyyy
  Power Steering Pump Pug0BZ3011 0 912 06-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Pug0BZ3011
  auxiliary belt length with different power steering pulley diameter juz22 1 1,264 18-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Niall