GI Group Buy Racoon Gaskets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI Group Buy Racoon Gaskets
Right, to stop further spamming of my project thread, I thought I'd start this in here.

I will be speaking to my mate at pug regarding prices, no idea what they are yet!
The alternative is possibly if Phil can dig out his contact who does refurbs. No idea if he's interested in helping us out yet, but will find out in due course!

So provisional numbers taken from my project thread:

1. Ed
2. Matt
3. Jimmyboy
4. Max/Eli
5. Niall
6. Puglove
7. Ruan (because secretly he wants one)

I'll update with prices asap Smile

X
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Hmm I may be interested in one, won't commit though until you've got some prices from Peugeot!

Edit: Regarding the refurbs, I imagine it'll be difficult to get so many people to send theirs off for refurbishment at the same time. Unless we started a system similar to what Dan did with the LDA pins, it could be more cost effective just to get new ones!
Thanks given by:
1. Ed
2. Matt
3. Jimmyboy
4. Max/Eli
5. Niall
6. Puglove
7. Ruan (because secretly he wants one)
8. R45_ODV (price depending)

Thanks given by:
Do xud's have them? I'll jump in for one if they do, can't hurt to replace it.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
New ones definatley sound like a better idea imo
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 10:43 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Do xud's have them? I'll jump in for one if they do, can't hurt to replace it.

I dont believe they do mate, but if i get proved wrong, i might get in on this as well.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Are the filters themselves different for different engines? I know they are mostly petrol but are they the same for 1.4/gti6?
Thanks given by:
Believe they are diffrent. There not normally a serviced part so very un heard of. this maybe why there hard to get hold of. Worth doing in my opinion to retain all the little horses the gti first had.

Thanks given by:
Oh right, I was thinking of going to the scrappy today and having a look at te 1.4/1.6 they have it and see if they ate similar but won't bother. I suppose the '6 would hve to be a different.
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 10:43 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Do xud's have them? I'll jump in for one if they do, can't hurt to replace it.

Not sure about xud's specifically but diesels in general do, my mate just changed his on his mondeo tdci. If anyone can confirm xud fitment count me in
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ed, great help! Smile
Thanks given by:
Darren might be best to ask about the diesel ones. Sure he probably goes through them rather quick with that epic build
Thanks given by:
I know the earlier ones dont, just like they didn't have cats, so going on that basis, Id say that pre 95 they won't have one. But then again, all the xuds I've ever worked on, I've never come across the symptoms of it needing to be changed
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just a thought but if your doing a group buy on something thats not a common item you might want to call Peugeot first and see how many they have before they go NFP as many 306 parts are no longer produced and are going to go NFP soon.
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 12:17 PM)Connor Wrote: I know the earlier ones dont, just like they didn't have cats, so going on that basis, Id say that pre 95 they won't have one. But then again, all the xuds I've ever worked on, I've never come across the symptoms of it needing to be changed
Good point but if it is on am xud I would have though after 15year+ I would rather change it for piece of mind. I'm sure Darren or Ruan will be along later to confirm.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
^^ Good shout Chris.

And ordering them in from France can end up costing £££. Give Pug a shout, if your local hasn't got them they can always check other branches.
Thanks given by:
I'll check my branch tomorrow and see if they can get them in incase ed can't. I need to drop by and get gbox oil anyhow
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2012, 12:17 PM)Connor Wrote: I know the earlier ones dont, just like they didn't have cats, so going on that basis, Id say that pre 95 they won't have one. But then again, all the xuds I've ever worked on, I've never come across the symptoms of it needing to be changed

This is bang on, the only ones that don't have them are early D8A XUDs. Coincidentally, I'm selling a non-raccoon early D8A...

/shamelessplug
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
not having any ureliable perv crap on my nice reliable diesel
Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Wonder if Rowell would be interested in a 'coon gasket for his 1.8....oh maybe not.... lol
Thanks given by:
Why would he want a new one?? He likes his coons f*cked up...

ninja
Thanks given by:

As said
Thanks given by:
So HDi's have them? If so, I guess I'd better have one if there's gonna be a group buy.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Ed get on this already! So I can fit at the same time as new engine haha
Thanks given by:
i so hope my dhx hasn't got one ain't noticed any thing so i think i'll give this a miss
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Anyone know if the early V6's have these? Price depending I'm interested.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
IIRC, the v6s have two, one for each bank
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Rubbish! More expense lol.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
So is it deffo that diesels have them? If so can someone put me down for the group buy for my DHY rod thrower as I'm on tapafail at the moment Sad

Wonder if this is one of the reasons my ph2 Dtub isn't quite as pokey as my old ph1 xrdt? - only a tiny bit in it but just enough to notice.
Thanks given by:
if they do them on the xud im in. may solve a few problems
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by: