LDA Advice for bigger turbos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LDA Advice for bigger turbos
Any advice for LDA settings on a bigger turbo (T25)?

Got a !Dan pin in there atm and the star wheel is wound out a suitable amount.

Coals pretty bad about 1,000 RPM before it starts coming on boost and bogs down pretty bad causing it to take even longer to spool.

I know this information isn't all that helpful so I'll get some RPM vs PSI data soon.

Generally speaking I'm just interested in what LDA settings people have found to work best when using a bigger turbo.

Cheers guys.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
RFLDA

Right Foot LDA Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Agreed, i never mat the throttle at low rpm any more. Unless i want to bog it on purpose to reek the pretty boys behind me in a covertible mini...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it's smoking too soon then you want to wind the starwheel up more to put more preload on the big spring. But obviously you'll struggle to get a smoke free setup on one of these engines.
Thanks given by:
on a 9mm you should be able to get it pretty smoke free, mine wasn't even that bad on 11mm, or maybe I was just so used to right foot control I never noticed.

as Dan says though bit more preload on the spring will stop it dropping so soon, just keep fiddling with nobs and you should get what you want eventually ....
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
If you can, try get a stronger spring in there. You'll find that with the starwheel loaded right up, it'll just sap your fuel and then plummet all at once without a smooth transition. Food for thought I never was arsed but that would be ideal.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave I swear I remember seeing an MBC on your LDA piping? May be wrong. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow anyway.
Hoping it won't make it too snappy when it comes on blow, at least the clutch would be able to handle in though.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yeh its not nice and transitional though, its just bam full fuelling.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The entire point of the lda ramp is to ramp in the fuel with boost level, adding an mbc just eliminates this and turns it into an on / off system sadly, the only way to make the lda system effective in the VE is to put longer levers in the pump, and a decent pin, but its frankly not worth the effort when you can just learn how to drive Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Thought this would be the case. Cheers fella's.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
instead of a mbc what about one of those shitty bleed valves instead? . . . . .might be a bit smoother . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bigger turbo suggestions? Something handy found? Logue1996 8 3,479 28-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  bigger turbo adapters craig-dodd 16 6,680 04-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Fitting bigger turbo shortly Owen_G_ 16 4,149 07-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Piggy