Bigger turbo suggestions? Something handy found?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigger turbo suggestions? Something handy found?
Hi all. 

I'm a newbie to the forum and going to post a thread that has more than likely been done a thousand times over.

Anyways, I'm looking to upgrade turbo and get a fmic on my XUD but don't want to jump on the bandwagon and get a td04. Looking for an all-rounder when it comes to boost output but more so up the revs. 

If I was to go down the route of a td04, I hear there are so many different types, which would be best? 

At this time it would be good use to say I'm running a Bosch pump. I'm not sure what type but probably 9mm. My mate had some sort of Merc compressed turbo and the thing went like the clappers!

Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.
Ryan.
Thanks given by:
A GT2052/56s from a Mercedes C220 CDI will spool fast and feel fast but run out of puff before you run out of fuel.

A TDO4 from a Subaru Impreza will spin up quite slowly but rev until you run out of bravery.

There are many many other turbos available with many other characteristics, those are two tried and tested examples of what has been fitted before to 306s.
Don't let that stop you fitting another different turbo from something else completely, everyone likes somebody trying something new.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
TDO4L13t is the TD04 you probably want, it does blow well up the revs as well as it's a fair bit bigger than any of the standard turbos, your Bosch will be 9mm unless it's been modified, there are many ways to go turbo wise but they pretty much all necessitate getting the welder out Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Im in the same boat, dont really want to be revving the tits off it with a td04.
So im thinking about going down the GT2052s route...
Thanks given by:
I have a new 2052v for sale just putting it out there
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2017, 06:12 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: A GT2052/56s from a Mercedes C220 CDI will spool fast and feel fast but run out of puff before you run out of fuel.

Just to hijack this thread quickly- you mentioned the 2052 will run out of puff before fuel, I assume that's on a modded bosch pump? Would a tuned lucas pump deliver enough fuel to make a 2052 worthwhile as a mid point? Or just stick with my gt15/t2 and lucas until I get a bosch?
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
Which year of a 220 is the gt2052 from?

What sort of figures are they good for?
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
Early ones, they moved onto a GT18**v in about "98/99 I think.
Also available from TD5 land rovers and Renault Master 2.8 vans. Amongst plenty of other vehicles I'm sure.
Good for about 160-170 I would think, maybe more if you give it hell.
It's the torque that makes them feel so fast. Almost instant spool because of the lightweight design, but because of that, if you over boost them, they will snap.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
This is the one off the merc's

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272616320164

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bigger turbo adapters craig-dodd 16 6,680 04-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Dave
  Fitting bigger turbo shortly Owen_G_ 16 4,149 07-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Bigger Turbo Dan306DT 16 4,714 02-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum