Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)
Ohhh yeah same road haha up the road and turn right I thought your garage did track suspensoin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah I'm a joiner/carpenter by profession
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Ahhh wasnt even close haha
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Always gets people that one!

Been pissing about again!

Got another bonnet and thought I'd have a little play! Forgot to take any pics until i filled it, I'm not really sure whether it will look right or not!

May ever cut some inner skin out too!

What's other people's thoughts on smoothed bonnets and grilles?

[Image: image-22_zps33dbf0c1.jpg]

[Image: image-22_zpscd8be604.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
smooth fronts look good on some cars but not others for some reason il never quite understand. i tried a smooth bonnet and de badge grill on mine to cover up the gap left due to phase 3 headlights but i hated it, car lost all its character instantly
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah, some of them can pull it off, but it's been over done.

I always think they look like turtles yawning lmao

Are you going to spray it blaze?
Thanks given by:
Yeah just do it blaze mate, I know what you guys mean, sometimes they look right sometimes they look a little different, that's why I had a go on another bonnet.

C.gerrard how's the climber coming along?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Progress slowed down a bit over xmas and so nothing major to report! Pretty much at the stage, where need to decide on a make/colour of under seal and then we can flip it back over, which will be nice.

Also started to pick apart rear beam, so on the whole its all good Big Grin

Just need to find somewhere that have powder coating facilities.
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2013, 10:21 AM)c.gerrard Wrote: Progress slowed down a bit over xmas and so nothing major to report! Pretty much at the stage, where need to decide on a make/colour of under seal and then we can flip it back over, which will be nice.

shame your so far away. theres at least 3 places i can think of that do powdercoating within a 10 mile radius of me, get discount at most of them too because my dad uses them so much for machine parts
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(12-01-2013, 10:21 AM)c.gerrard Wrote: Progress slowed down a bit over xmas and so nothing major to report! Pretty much at the stage, where need to decide on a make/colour of under seal and then we can flip it back over, which will be nice.

Sweet sounds like it's moving along!

How's my wheels!? Lol

All painted ready for polishing and fitting!

[Image: image-22_zps89fa8bf4.jpg]

Fitted a newly repainted, ported and polished inlet manifold yesterday, what an absolute nightmare of a job that was, I thought to myself that would be a nice and easy little hour and a half or so, in the end it turned out to be more tedious than ra*e!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just about to go attack some under-seal with an angle grinder Big Grin

They haven't been touched yet, I wish only wheels needed a refurb at times lol However, Jonny's keeping them in his room for some reason. I think he's been snuggling them at night.....

Jonny was cleaning his the other day and it did not look pleasant at all!!!So I can sympathise Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I never realised I had so much on my door step!!

I've got a smooth bonnet and grill bit its wrapped in carbon... Might get it resprayed soon...

Would you be able to do it?
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'll have a look at that for you mate, how's it all going?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Good thanks mate.

Should be sorted for Thursday! Convoy to ace?
Thanks given by:
Yeah sounds good, where from? bit snowy here today, f*cking good fun in the van though!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Bit of a poor weekend really! Put some of miles's adjustable gear linkages on though! Absolutely spot on though, nice to fit and feel crisp and smooth, nice little improvement for anyone!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
ive got some of those uprated gearlinkages waiting to go on, gotta figure out how first as i have a small issue of a whopping great turbo been in the way hhah
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Get yourself a rubber arm mate!!! Lol

I'll tell you, I struggled but I think that's because I've got hands and fingers like an emperor penguin!

I have been struggling though, the colour match on the bonnet was so far out due to paint fade etc, I've managed to find an exact match now though, I don't know weather it's worth getting it all done properly though just to have a smoothed bonnet?

I only got hold of the bonnet and grille originally as it was already smoothed and just wanted repairing!

What's your thoughts everyone???
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
pictures of the smoothed bonnet on car
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
f*ck the smoothed bonnet! Today we got some good shit done!10/10 for shinys!

Trouble with me is I see something that looks good and does a good job and I want it! (Don't we all though!)

So last weeks acquisition was these little 330mm baby's!
[Image: image-22_zps103e34d2.jpg]

Cleaned them up this morning and gave them a full strip, clean and rebuild! After that I put them in the car and went off down to my mates where we were going to start building the banger Austin A60 we picked up the other week, I was only going to get him to check them! Until he told me I better get on and start fitting as the ramp was free all day!

[Image: C37372F8-FA86-4DC6-8104-C9A5DB4A4DEE-984...c803af.jpg]
[Image: 607704C1-0956-44A7-B3D9-308457B7FCAF-984...e40ab8.jpg]

Had a few snags but all in all not bad!

All bled through, wheels on and ready to roll! I'll let you know what there like in a bit!

[Image: 0DEC9A9E-E148-451D-99E9-E6FBDCA863DA-984...969596.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Wow! That is insane!!!!!

Can't wait to get some even better rotors and pads!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
That good eh? Haha, cant say I'm not jealous of that setup!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I think a percentage of this is the pedal feel that the braided hoses give too!
there was also a large reduction I unsprung weight, to be fair with a smaller disc I reckon you'd fit the caliper under clones

Also forgot that I put my new painted inlet on last weekend and throttle body and new gaskets, however I polished and ported out the insides all the way down to 1800 grit paper! And matched the polished and ported throttle body to the inlet, if you can grab yourself an old used inlet and just spent a bit of time with it up on a bench or something

In effect this is free power, I'd gladly help anyone that's thinking of doing it you've just got to get a few of the right tools etc which you've then got for keeps!

I don't know whether its so much about the power gained but the responsiveness it's much improved!

Oh and some miles gear rods, I'd recommend these to anyone!!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Ah looks great!!!!!!!!!

330ers for the win Wink
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Smile loving it
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Bastard, ive been watching those on ebay for ages trying to decide wgetger or not to take the plunge!

On the manifold front... yhpm Wink
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I'll have a work out and drop you a line later
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Got some new AP racing rotors on there way, with a bit of luck these brakes+slicks=super late braking up the hill at pugfest!!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Those brakes are ridiculously light compared to standard pug items, and sooooo shiny lol. Inlove
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha, I thought how does he no that then I remembered of course you've seen them!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The bought not built estate Frosty 154 59,229 09-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: rocker8742
  The bought not built ph1 VNT Estate clarkey2010 32 9,334 12-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010