Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)
There was a set of moulds for sale on eBay about that time ago, these moulds were for a national hot rod kit, so they drop on a space frame, these were done by boss motors whose panels are second to none, however all the panels have to be slightly different by a certain percentage to prevent a breach of copyright.

I remember on our old eurocar (Mondeo clone) no panel was quite the same as a road car,

However these may not be the same but I have heard a few things already

I was at a workshop the other day where they were cutting aerocatches in a 205 fibreglass bonnet, only to be horrified that the filling in the bonnet was actually corragAted cardboard!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I might be knocking a few sets of solid beam mounts out over Xmas but see how things go.
Also I did a guide on here for DIY black masks. It's only a couple of hours work.

But back on topic, looks really clean mate even if it is blaze. Although cant see it staying like that too long if its just a track toy! Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 11:46 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: There was a set of moulds for sale on eBay about that time ago, these moulds were for a national hot rod kit, so they drop on a space frame, these were done by boss motors whose panels are second to none, however all the panels have to be slightly different by a certain percentage to prevent a breach of copyright.

I remember on our old eurocar (Mondeo clone) no panel was quite the same as a road car,

However these may not be the same but I have heard a few things already

I was at a workshop the other day where they were cutting aerocatches in a 205 fibreglass bonnet, only to be horrified that the filling in the bonnet was actually corragAted cardboard!

sounds nasty, but fingers crossed this seems fairly genuine, quite a few people have bought bits off him and havnt seen anything bad yet, only seems to be doing 306 panels too, but what you said does concern me a little, maybe il put that order off as i have found another fibreglass bonnet from a classified ad, its an ecosse phase 1 bonnet so i might wait for him to get back off holiday and get that one.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 11:49 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: I might be knocking a few sets of solid beam mounts out over Xmas but see how things go.
Also I did a guide on here for DIY black masks. It's only a couple of hours work.

But back on topic, looks really clean mate even if it is blaze. Although cant see it staying like that too long if its just a track toy! Lol

She'll stay clean! Got a bit of a reputation to live up to for having nice stuff unfortunately,

Yep I've clocked your guide, it's the nuts so that's a Christmas job!

Solid beam mounts, sounds spot on! My only worry with these is that by gripping the rear up your taking some away from the front leaving the inevitable filthy term.... Understeer?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Solid beam mounts, sounds spot on! My only worry with these is that by gripping the rear up your taking some away from the front leaving the inevitable filthy term.... Understeer?
[/quote]

I don't think solid mounts give the rear more grip? Thought they just make the understeer more managable?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ Ben, they make the rear end a lot more predictable when it let's go, but the sacrifice is a reduction in sharpness of turn-in, which in my opinion is one of the reasons the 306 feels so much fun to drive.

It's a trade-off though, if you're building an ultimate go-fast track weapon, then the solid rear beam mounts will be better, as they will be more suited to ultimately getting the most grip through corners, and I'm sure adjusting the camber/caster/toe at the front coupled with a reduction in toe-in if you get the right rear beam can give you the sharpness back. Personally though, I'd stick with good OEM mounts if you're using it as a fast-road/occasional track car though...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's right, the sharpness is a great aspect of the car, it depends on your driving style too, whether you like it quite passive and floaty on the rear or not

Well, havnt done much in a little while, got myself a cheap set of wheels to use as winter ones so started doing them last night. Mainly because I don't want to inialate the mags over winter etc. I picked up the 1.2's cheap, bought a set of 3 with 2 very good tyres for £11.50 and then found the 4th one that completed the set!

I think I'm going to keep the current wheels for circuit as I've got my slicks to go on them!

After this she should be off for a service and the dreaded MOT!

[Image: image-1.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
11 pounds for 3 rims????????????? deal of the century i think Wink
Thanks given by:
And tyres, worth more in scrap!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
You lucky bugger! What size are they? And would you mind weighing one before you put tyres on?
Thanks given by:
17s mate, can use them on track too then.

Yeah I can weigh one if you want, the weight is also on TD website, want the weight of the other rims too?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I've got the 16 inch version, but they still have the tyres on. I found two different weights on the TD website for the same wheel, varying around a kilo. Be good if you could weigh yours then I'll know which 16 inch weight is more likely correct. Cheers.
Thanks given by:
It's aaaall about Turinis ninja
Thanks given by:
I do like the turinis, i couldn't find any cheap enough for winter wheels though!

personally i prefer my mag pro race 1's!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Very nice, ive got the prorace 3 in 17"

But uhmm will be sporting Volk Racing TE37 custom bored to 7.5x18 4x108 in gunmetal, light as FCUK! Wink

But seriously , tell us more about the 11 pounds.... how in earth did you get such an great deal...
Thanks given by:
Yeh there the ones made by rays aren't they?

Yeah just finished top coating the 1.2's tonight in Audi Rs4 silver. I was quite lucky to find the exact paint mix formula, I gave the guy in my Audi dealer a cheeky few quid to give it to me as when I went to get an aerosol to touch in one of the wheels on that it was £91 +vat just because the RS4 uses a different shade to any other apparently, they were stunning though.

The £11... Right place right time I suppose, just saw them locally on the bay of e! I told TD about it when I spoke to them last as I deal direct with them due to the Motorsport, he said did they have centre caps and when I laughed yes he said there more than £11 each!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Wheels all done, sneaked them in the mother in-laws spare room, hopefully let the finish harden off nicely and stink the house out!

Hopefully with a good compound and polish they'll look like the ones on the Audi! Hard to show the pearl effect in photos though.

[Image: image-2.jpg]

[Image: image-3.jpg]

[Image: image-5.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
very nice...needs some stiffening for true track type car...weld in cage, braces, polybushes....

cage will make a HUGE difference though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, hopefully got a cage on the way after Christmas, it does make a big difference
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 02:00 PM)Ben Wrote: I've got the 16 inch version, but they still have the tyres on. I found two different weights on the TD website for the same wheel, varying around a kilo. Be good if you could weigh yours then I'll know which 16 inch weight is more likely correct. Cheers.

Wheel weight for you was 8.64 kg on a 7x17 with et38 offset
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 12:36 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 02:00 PM)Ben Wrote: I've got the 16 inch version, but they still have the tyres on. I found two different weights on the TD website for the same wheel, varying around a kilo. Be good if you could weigh yours then I'll know which 16 inch weight is more likely correct. Cheers.

Wheel weight for you was 7.64 kg on a 7x17 with et38 offset

Brilliant thanks or letting me know, that's pretty light for a 17 I think, those ones you have for sale have done well to be even lighter!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I think that's because they were predominantly a Motorsport wheel not entirely intended for road use, I think the price originally when they were new meant not to many were ever sold
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
MOT all passed, so gave it a nice good clean a heavy coat of wax and the winter wheels on

[Image: image-6.jpg]
[Image: image-15.jpg]
[Image: image-12.jpg]
[Image: image-7.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
i dont think ive ever seen a 306 sitting so nicely on 17s. looks great Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, thanks
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I have to agree actually, that looks amazing! It also actually makes me want a blaze!! Which isn't something I've said before ever!
Thanks given by:
I'm honoured Ed! 2,301 posts its taken and I'm the first, makes it all worth it for someone to say that!

I am really happy with the wheel colour TBH. Any wheel silver or car colour never seems to come close to manufactures wheel colour, so I was lucky to get the code
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
haha! It's actually more than that; I had at least 2500 posts on the 'other' forum!! Tongue

Really like your car though man; you coming to Ace on 17th? I'd love to have a nosey Tongue The wheel colour really is epic too Big Grin

I don't suppose you'd be able to refurbish a set of Turinis by any chance....? ninja
Thanks given by:
Yeah I like it on here, Its a bit more active!

Ace on Monday, I will definitely try, racing at the weekend and then indoor karting Tuesday so I'll try and squeeze it in, the foods too good to say no!

Yeah i can do the Turinis no problem, any kerbing or grazing?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Im heading up with sam if i go, am meeting in fleet services if you fancy a convoy mate?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The bought not built estate Frosty 154 59,238 09-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: rocker8742
  The bought not built ph1 VNT Estate clarkey2010 32 9,334 12-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010