Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)
Late to the party I done the headlight thing for my mrs years ago Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah alright, looks good.

Cheers JP just left with a hell of a lot of sorting out and a mortgage to now pay on my own!

Ozone too right, make sure you come and say hello or vice versa

After all the hype a very unproductive day! Unfortunately other priorities called. Go it up on the ramp and took the advice from many others to dig out the crap and live the torsion bars ready to remove them, rotors are right, pads are righ, oil lanes all measured, and new bleed nipples ready to go in so we should be all done in an evening.

Put the track wheels on so that I can tidy up the silver road ones, I can't decide if I like the look, the feel of the yokohamas is amazing though, chalk and cheese compared to the other tyres!!

Opinions please!!
[Image: null_zps7f52a0a5.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
WAUW!!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does look good that! (Except for the colour :p )
Thanks given by:
Well...... What a load of wank things have been lately!

However pugfest was the bollocks, well enjoyed it! Thank you very much to everyone that made it a good weekend!

One downside was the loss of brakes, i feel quite sorry for Carl Gerard it was a pretty sombre run up the hill with a pedal that could make it to the floor and to Kim when we had a gearbox with no second gear! Secretly I think she was quite pleased it was a steady run, I don't blame her either!

This weeks plans were to plumb up the cooler, do an oil and filter change, bleed the brakes with some new race fluid and change the torsion bars! And give it a clean!

Well that didn't really go to plan due to various other work needing doing on customers vehicles!

So far I've got this far.........

[Image: null_zps127ae40f.jpg]

2 days to go we better get our asses in gear!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I do have a lot of love this car, it is brilliant!

Is this the first chance you've had to look at your brakes? It looked like you'll have to do a bit more than just bleed them lol

p.s. I hate you for having access to a car lift Tongue
Thanks given by:
I do love this car! Sounds great and f*ck me do them brakes stop well! Felt like my spine was going to exit my mouth on the run at pugfest.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
What happened is that the crossover pipe at the underside of the calliper that sends fluid to the other 2 pistons had sheared/split, so I'll be making a new one, she'll be all well and good!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Erm. How the actual..?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
How the actual what mate?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
good to see you at Pugfest Jamie; I also have a lot of love for your car. It actually makes Blaze look properly awesome imo Smile Lovely deep colour on yours for some reason!

Anyways, crack on chap, got to see this looking good at FCS!! Have you got tracktime?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Still not sorted, trying very hard though, lastminute.com!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
finally managed to meet you at a show!, very entertaining driving out on the track haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Well guys and girls...... That's it!

The cars now been sold to a new home to be used for what it was intended for, without the need to break it etc.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone that took the time to add comments of advice, compliments, criticism etc. It's all appreciated!

I will still be around and will still come along to as many of the events as possible!

Once again though, had some great fun and met some great people, thanks everybody!!!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Happy Christmas guys, how are you all?!!

Quick update, the cars still going with the new owner, it's stayed exactly as it was when I had it and goes to brands hatch once every couple of months, really great to see.

Picked up the new toy a couple of weeks ago, if there's some more generic meets/track days this year I'll get them in the diary and go for a blast!

Plans are simply to use it as it is, couple of small bits but that's it, just enjoy it on dry weekends for a bit

[Image: image_zps6f5a7ccd.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
That's probably the only bmw I'd consider owning myself. Fair play :-)
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cheers man
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The bought not built estate Frosty 154 59,201 09-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: rocker8742