I want 150bhp, what can i do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want 150bhp, what can i do?
Hello!

I have a ph2 With a lucas pump, unmodded standard, and as the title suggests I would like 150bhp from the car.

I have sourced a bosch pump(if anyone has a guide on how to 'refurb/clean' one of these it would be greatly appreciated) and i hope to have that fitted with my cambelt(due in 2k miles)

So, what must i do to achieve 150bhp?
Thanks given by:
Sorry but there's literally loads of threads on this. A quick google search will help you out. My project thread pretty much has everything to show how to get to 150 and beyond that.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Nothing on google, got a link for your project thread? Cant seem to find that either.
Thanks given by:
I can't find it either...
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Rolleyes ...... cant imagine who this is
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Am i missing the joke? I dont understand o.O
Thanks given by:
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=e...x=68&ty=62
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
What turbo do you have? Get a front mount intercooler, wind the turbo upto 30psi and your away Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Not sure what turbo, i tried finding it, no where insight!

I dont want fmic, was hoping to put a t25 on?If that makes sense?
Thanks given by:
A fmic would be of massive benefit to you... i havent because i havent got the money to buy one and i just bought a td04 on ebay to go on mine lol so we're sort of in the same boat. T2 has a wastegate arm so does the ko3, the k14 has like a bell housing looking thing on it and the gt15 im unsure on Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I dont have the funds for fmic either, and my mechanical knowledge is elementory luls.

i need a complete guide. Im useless.

I was hoping to stick a t25 in, max fuel and boost anddd voila!
Thanks given by:
My advise if you havent an idea, buy one already done or pay someone like krisb, darren, dan to do it for you

But if you cant find the turbo on your car seriously let someone else mess with pump etc
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 05:44 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: My advise if you havent an idea, buy one already done or pay someone like krisb, darren, dan to do it for you

But if you cant find the turbo on your car seriously let someone else mess with pump etc

This man speaks the truth.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I do sound a bit harsh but if you dont know your shizzle with these it can go horribly wrong, and it may cost a little extra but with the experience and knowledge of people on here combined with great services they can offer you cannot go wrong Smile and to be honest looking at some of the prices they charge it wouldnt really cost you as much as you think Smile

Or another way is to swat up on your stuff search for the Bosch VE manual, and also go through the guide sections on here thats how i learnt half of my stuff Smile
Thanks given by:
150bhp easy just buy this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-5000-ELE...4abbd305a8
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 10:01 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: 150bhp easy just buy this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-5000-ELE...4abbd305a8

can you use two of these for a twin turbo?
Thanks given by:
My father is a mechanic, we have tools and everything. I would like to do it myself, i see no purpose in modifying a 306 if your going to pay someone else to do it, kills the fun imo.

I would like to have a go myself, what i am looking for is a guide to follow(first time enthusiast) which will show me what modifications to make first, and ultimately leading to 150bhp.

I know theres threads of other peoples achievements which can be very motivational, but i really need a set of instruction.
Thanks given by:
Well as said really you have to put the effort in and go through the guide section and pretty much explains everything in there regarding bosch conversion etc including videos by darren, Bosch modding, 11mm building and Lda explanations and much more

Basically what im trying to say is no one is going to offer it on a spoon pal, there are plenty of threads for you to be able to pick everything up you need to know then when you get as far as you can you will be looking into bigger pump heads, different DVS, IPP, advance piston mods and leverset mods etc which is the stage im roughly at...

CJ
Thanks given by:
Yeah like cj says you wont get it on a spoon... Trawl through threads watch darrens videos on youtube, rinse through the guides section then you'll have a better idea Smile The 1st step to learning something new is research Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 11:06 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Well as said really you have to put the effort in and go through the guide section and pretty much explains everything in there regarding bosch conversion etc including videos by darren, Bosch modding, 11mm building and Lda explanations and much more

Basically what im trying to say is no one is going to offer it on a spoon pal, there are plenty of threads for you to be able to pick everything up you need to know then when you get as far as you can you will be looking into bigger pump heads, different DVS, IPP, advance piston mods and leverset mods etc which is the stage im roughly at...

CJ

What CJ has just said is spot on really. It takes time to learn how these things work, no one is going to write down a step by step guide of how to get 150bhp but with a little understanding of how these engines work in terms of the fuel system, air delivery and exhaust system you will find that 150 is easily achievable. But without the understanding first is where things can and probably will go wrong, a slight wrong adjustment or part in the wrong place when assembling a pump can lead to catastrophic engine failure.
My advice is to do a good bit of reasearch through the guide sections (my guide shows how to rebuild one)and then have a go at stripping and rebuilding your spare bosch a few times first to get a sense how eavh part affects the way it works.
Failing that Dan! on here will do you a ready built bolt on pump that you and your dad could fit.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
For an almso guaranteed 150hp, buy a td04 or buy one off cj, fit it any means necessary, and get a stock 9mm Bosch pump, bolt it on and govmod it as per dans guide. Very simple stuff, these are your instructions I'm sure your dad can help you fit a pump and swap a turbo.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 10:45 PM)Dave Wrote: For an almso guaranteed 150hp, buy a td04 or buy one off cj, fit it any means necessary, and get a stock 9mm Bosch pump, bolt it on and govmod it as per dans guide. Very simple stuff, these are your instructions I'm sure your dad can help you fit a pump and swap a turbo.

Sounds good.

Why the td04 and not t25?

Ive always assumed t25 is a better choice, have no reasoning though.
Thanks given by:
You can make good power with a T25, TD04 are just cheaper an easier to find i think
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 11:54 PM)RePT Wrote:
(19-10-2012, 10:45 PM)Dave Wrote: For an almso guaranteed 150hp, buy a td04 or buy one off cj, fit it any means necessary, and get a stock 9mm Bosch pump, bolt it on and govmod it as per dans guide. Very simple stuff, these are your instructions I'm sure your dad can help you fit a pump and swap a turbo.

Sounds good.

Why the td04 and not t25?

Ive always assumed t25 is a better choice, have no reasoning though.

Td04's spool earlier than T25's too . . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
TD04's are all round better turbo's. More efficient!
Thanks given by:
Calm down guys . He just needs a shove in the right direction.

Basicaly.

YOU WILL NEED an fmic for that sort of power or the heat soak will wreck the performance

Read through every ones project thread that is building a fast derv. Prob not darren as it way to advance.

Keep an eye out for these things in the threads.

Bosch pump mods (is a guide in the guide section)
Turbo fitting and adaption
Brakes
Clutch
Air intake
Exhaust

People please add to this current list for him as im in a rush cooking my T Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Right bosch pump: IMO you dont need a 11mm just the LDA and shim (in the guide section) Dan will also do this work for a small fee

Turbo: as already said TD04 is your best bet for this, tried and tested. Adapters are readly avalible from CJ i belive. to make this a straight fit bolt on job.

Air intake: so you have all this extra air being forced in so the OE ducting just dosnt cut it. So 2 options here. No filter or pipe work atall. So just sucking straight from the turbo. Or 2 the shortest rout posible rout with a min of 2" pipe with a race type filter.

Exhuast: idealy you want no silencers. But this isnt mot legal. So decat, demid box . And aftermarket straight pipe boack box ( this will be mot legal) and the bigger the diameter pipe the better.

With the correct tune. This should give a good performing 150bhp. You can do other things to make it better but thats your basics.

With all this extra power OE DT parts dont cut it .

You WILL NEED gti brakes or bigger.

Lowering the car will make the power more usable in the corners
You could use. Gti front and rear shocks with lowering springs or go for coilovers

With this a gti rear beam will also help. Failing that gti rear ARB and torsion bars

Gti front ARB.

So on so forth

Thanks given by:
Thanks for that, a good read!
Thanks given by:
Just need to get your head down and do alot of reading on here now.

Thanks given by:
Just to add you can get close to 150bhp (probably about 140bhp) with a bosch with gov mod and LDA grind and a OEM T2 turbo running as much boost as it can and a FMIC

FMIC dosent need to be expensive, I bought a jag x type FMIC for £12 off ebay and ran that on a 306 and it will be an improvement over the TMIC. as for piping the pipes off the pug 406 are cheap and they have intercoolers.

IMO you should build up slowly when tuning cars, learn how to do the basics like turning up your standard turbo, fitting the bosch and tuning that and adding a FMIC then you go onto big turbos and pumps. This is really the only way to learn about tuning as you get a base knowledge and then build up and stuff is so much easier to understand if you start doing it yourself gradually.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock rods 150bhp? pugtk 6 1,487 02-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Last Post: mr_fish
  getting to 130-150bhp clarkey2010 27 5,116 31-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Mal