Why is the Virgin Media SuperHub SuperGay?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the Virgin Media SuperHub SuperGay?
(24-10-2012, 12:48 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Phil, you're a product develoPment type of guy, are you saying you've got it right first time every time?

I don't get it perfect every time, but generally I usually manage to not make it work worse than the previous generation!

If you want a really good laugh, try a big LAN transfer across the wireless on it.

It's faster to upload it to the net, then download it to the other computer, than it is to shift across the LAN network because the superhub gets itself in a mess with lots of internal transfers and the overhead is ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
Chris i take it when the v2 comes out, they wont replace them all? Just replace as and when they pack up?

When i had 20mb and just had the small black modem plugged into my time capsule, it was brilliant. Now they took the modem away and replaced it with a superhub running as a modem, its no where near as stable as it was before.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah Niall, it'll probably be the same idea as when the Superhub came out, like £70 to upgrade to one but eventually they'll be all we carry in the vans so any faulty modem will be replaced with one...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
gotta say the wlan is worse range than the old netgear one before it . . . . . .ThumbsDown
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
There are a number of different factors though, I mean is it in the same place? Are the antennas pointing the same direction? Is the wireless channel the same and have any of your neighbours added another device on the same channel as yours?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virgin media Willo 12 2,742 14-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Niall
  F*cking virgin media cpikey316_ 14 4,287 31-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Jonny b
  Virgin Media Mates Rates offer cwspellowe 48 19,566 21-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Smiley69