recommend me some rubber

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommend me some rubber
Smile 
So after realising one of my tires may as well be racing slick I need new tyres asap.

got about 45 - 50 per corner to spend

cheers
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
**Awaits offers from Niall and Samass....**
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Michellin PE2's mate, we got 2 for the HDi for £102 delivered, epic dry and wet grip and they last a fair amount too.. got em from camskill
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
durex.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 01:02 PM)samass Wrote: durex.

And there we have it! Nospeak
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
you did ask for it.... Big Grin
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Avons
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sunnys ftw

get pics of your wheels up i want to see the finished article!
Thanks given by:
Ive always been a fan of parada spec 2's tbh a lot of people slate them but i quite like them
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Trojan.... The pleasure you want, the protection you trust.

I guess that means they're a sporty tyre with reinforced sidewalls to reduce risk of kurb rash?
Thanks given by:
Prada spec 2.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Parada spec 2s are good but they're not at all great in the wet. Obviously you shouldn't be hooning in the wet anyway, but they're a summer tyre and I wouldn't recommend them for winter use.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 04:36 PM)Scott Wrote: Parada spec 2s are good but they're not at all great in the wet. Obviously you shouldn't be hooning in the wet anyway, but they're a summer tyre and I wouldn't recommend them for winter use.

Hmm see I haven't had any problems with grip in the wet,

Not going to start a tyre debate, but as long at you aren't driving like a **** in the wet they are fine.

And when it is dry!! They grip as well as semi slicks.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 09:14 AM)Kimmie Wrote: **Awaits offers from Niall and Samass....**

f*ck you!
Steer clear of T1Rs........... Ill get my coat

seriously though, there good when new but scrub a bit of life into them and they rapidly loose their grip. Im going for Michelin PE2s next. I had PS2s on my old car (bigger brother of PE2s) and they really were epic (although were £160 a corner on my old car Sad )
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I have spec2's on mine f*cking epic in the dry but shocking in the wet if you are getting a move on, if only they had harder sidewalls they would be perfect, they were awsome on my last track day
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
With spec 2"s all you need is less than 1cm of water and they r shit. Check with your insurance tho cause my insurance would not pay out as spec 2 were deemed as "slick" tyres. Till I argued black and blue with them that they ain't then they paid out!
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 03:19 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Ive always been a fan of parada spec 2's tbh a lot of people slate them but i quite like them

Second that! people say they are poo in the wet but me and Jake have never hand a problem with them and they are £166 posted aswell for all four!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Another vote for spec2's fecking epic in the dry

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
T1Rs are good for the price and ok in the wet if you know their limits. They corner well in the dry too, unlike rainsports with thier floppy sidewalls!

Avoid Goodyear eagle nct 5s, had these on the golfs and I know good handling isn't great but the tiniest bit of steering lock in wet and they'd go sideways, slightest bit of torque in the dry they slipped until the tc kicked in. Really are an awful tyre imo! So glad to be back on t1Rs and marshalls again, the toyos give so much more confidence even in the wet, but as said, you have to.know thier limits!

Oh and obviously avoid P6000s lol.

Depending on price I'll probably give the michelin pe2s a go next time after the reviews. Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2012, 07:49 AM)Toms306 Wrote: T1Rs are good for the price and ok in the wet if you know their limits. They corner well in the dry too, unlike rainsports with thier floppy sidewalls!

Avoid Goodyear eagle nct 5s, had these on the golfs and I know good handling isn't great but the tiniest bit of steering lock in wet and they'd go sideways, slightest bit of torque in the dry they slipped until the tc kicked in. Really are an awful tyre imo! So glad to be back on t1Rs and marshalls again, the toyos give so much more confidence even in the wet, but as said, you have to.know thier limits!

Oh and obviously avoid P6000s lol.

Depending on price I'll probably give the michelin pe2s a go next time after the reviews. Smile

Abit off topic....... Tom i want my centre cap back Wink
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Got T1Rs on front, given me so much more faith in the cars cornering. Bit noisy I think though
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I like mates flavoured bannana ones Smile. But if I had a choice I wouldn't bother!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont do T1Rs im currently running them and i soooo wish id bought spec2s

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
people rubber don't buy tesco own brand cheap but they're a lady garden to open really ruins the moment.

car rubber got uniroyal rain experts on the back and they feel awesome just severely let down by the 'other' tyres.

soon to be rolling on parada spec 2 so may be in a hedge with all this winter time!!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by: