halp plz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
halp plz
So been looking for a new car with only really one specific, must be a 306
Been toying between hdis, dt's and also 1.8's.
Have also been torn between china or diablo

Any opinions would be great
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Don't get a 1.8... If you are going to go petrol do it properly and get a gti, what's wrong with your dt ?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Just all round shit ATM, failed the mot again so I'm getting rid.

If anyone wants to take it away as a whole i will take offers around 400 quid

Plus I franc a different 306, with a better spec

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
China 6 is the only one worth having as standard. HDis are crap unless you're planning on engine mods.

1.8s are nice but too thirsty for what they are!
Thanks given by:
Hmm okay so hdi is a no no.

as much as I would love a 6, fuel bills?
Plus won't insurance ra*e me?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
You never stated fuel or insurance in your criteria. Tongue. But 6 insurance isn't bad for me, fuel bill is the only reason I don't have one. But its not much worse on fuel than the 1.8 tbh.
Thanks given by:
But how much will it actually cost me in fuel? Because I enjoy veg, but miss bwarp

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
6 will do better on fuel than a 1.8 when driven sensibly. What gets most is insurance cost.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nial how much do you spend in fuel p/w in yours?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2012, 09:33 AM)Niall Wrote: 6 will do better on fuel than a 1.8 when driven sensibly. What gets most is insurance cost.

On a motorway cruise at 65-70, your looking at a average of 35-40mpg. towndriving probably about 25-30 and hooning.....well you don't want to know but im pretty sure it can drop to single figures.

(07-10-2012, 09:33 AM)declantg Wrote: Nial how much do you spend in fuel p/w in yours?

not much but i dont do many miles in mine. I dont use it for work or anything so im the wrong person to ask

edit: why the f*ck did i quote my self? tit
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Tom, how is an hdi crap unless you're planning on engine mods? I don't understand!

How many miles per year are you doing? If less than 10k then I would say a 1.8 XS will prove a lot of fun, as they're very cheap to insure. That said, I'd you can afford the insurance then skip the XSi and go straight for a GTi6/Rallye IMO.

Insurance is vastly different between those two different engines though so you really have to take it into consideration...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
C.a.r, is your hdi quick? Never though of an xsi tbh but will give it a look

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother with the XSi to be honest. DT (with a big turbo), 1.8(turbo'd) or GTi6 Wink
Thanks given by:
If your getting an xsi just get a '6 I had an xsi same fuel consumption not as much power.

In the Rallye I use about £50-£60
But that's because I'm flat out hoonigan everywhere.

If I do actually Eco drive I can do about £40 a week. And I do around 200miles average
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Well my current DT has now sold. Anyone sees a decent 306 dt well specced let me know

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Well that was quick.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know, as soon as I posted it was going I got an offer which has now been accepted. But dont worry I will be back in another 306 asap

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Fair enough mate, anyone on here? Hope you got a decent price for it Smile
Thanks given by:
£350 for it as it is no mot or tax.
And no he is not on oc afaik

have upto a grand for a decent DT

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
What will you offer for my stage 1 hdi?
Thanks given by:
^^^ Black stage 1 HDis are win
Thanks given by:
Jordan how much would you want roughly? Does it need anything done, long Mot and tax?

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2012, 09:28 AM)declantg Wrote: as much as I would love a 6, fuel bills?
Plus won't insurance ra*e me?

You'll be surprised how much the fuel bill is to run a 1.8, to put it in comparison my DT is noticeably cheaper to run and has a lot more power lol
I was getting mid 30's on a good day.
I'd reccomend another dTurbo and do it right this time lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Taxed it beginning of sept, mot 29th jan, drives perfect, kris said the tre's and lower arms have slight play. £975
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2012, 10:37 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Tom, how is an hdi crap unless you're planning on engine mods? I don't understand!

They just dont do anything really well tbh. Theyre not fast at all, they're not particularly good on fuel considering the lack of power and unless you get a late one they're bloody expensive to tax too. Oh and insurance isn't exactly cheap either, standard its the same as the avensis (much newer car with more bhp) and with a stage 1 map it costs the same as a 150tdi golf and a bit more than a '6!! And I know you'll say 'but atleast theyre reliable'....but theyre not really, ok I know the estate is a bit of a dog thats been used as a workhorse and not looked after, but most seem to be in the same condition now, looked at two estates last week with bits missing, bodges everywhere, EMLs on etc and one had such an awful clatter it was deffo broken.

I can imagine that a well looked after one, with a good vnt turbo, FMIC, exhaust and a decent remap it'd actually be quite a good engine...but as standard? No.

Honestly if I could afford the fuel I drive a '6 out of the 306 engine range, insurance would be the same as a mapped hdi, tax is the same (pre y reg), purchase price of 6s is a bit less. Its just the fuel I cant afford.
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2012, 02:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 306s are shite in every form possible so why dont we all go and buy golfs? there the best, most reliable car on the road with billions on torques and bhp
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just cos I'm right about the HDi. Wink Tongue

I honestly don't know why people rave about them so much, such an anti-climax when I got one, gimme a '6 anyday!!!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Tom,

For £1500 my Hdi does 55mpg all day long, is nippy enough to keep me happy (has a basic remap) and handles like a car should. It costs £135 in tax per year and it's reasonably cheap to insure (although I do a fair amount of miles so I get ripped off)

Find me a car which will do similar and can be repaired for pennies and I'll buy it. You'll struggle though cos nothing out there exists.

Buy a £1500 Golf and it'd have many more miles on and not necessarily be any better!

Getting tired of typing the same old responses out to you man!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2012, 05:09 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Tom,

For £1500 my Hdi does 55mpg all day long, is nippy enough to keep me happy (has a basic remap) and handles like a car should. It costs £135 in tax per year and it's reasonably cheap to insure (although I do a fair amount of miles so I get ripped off)

Find me a car which will do similar and can be repaired for pennies and I'll buy it. You'll struggle though cos nothing out there exists.

Buy a £1500 Golf and it'd have many more miles on and not necessarily be any better!

Getting tired of typing the same old responses out to you man!

You paid £1500 for a HDi? Christ!

Glad yours does 55mpg, mine wont.

And I already said the tax was pre y reg, twice infact, as thats what the majority of HDis are 'T,V,W,X' all expensive tax, 'Y' cheap tax...thats only a quarter thats the cheaper tax (unless you go for an estate and get 51 plate ofc).

I will try a stage 1 map soon...(and will have to pay an extra £150 per year on insurance for it! More than I would pay for a standard GTi6 with 50 more bhp, revs and bwarp!)...but I cant see it making much difference anyway. It struggles overtaking a pair of cyclists in one go, and on the country road where I live there loads of cyclists, tractors and old people that need overtaking in relatively short overtaking places, which is one reason I couldn't put up with the NAD, but the HDi's just as bad for overtakes tbh!! This is what I cant make my parents understand about slow cars, its nothing to do with top speed, I dont care whether a car will only do 90mph (NAD) or 135+(PD180), its all about the accelleration for safely overtaking on the B road or joining a busy motorway which Im afraid the HDi and NAD both lack.

I'm fed up of reading your same responses too, where you're clearly not reading (or understanding) the points I make and just reeling out your same old replies. Forget the Golf, I know nothing will match it in terms of mpg or mpg to power as thats entirely what the PD is designed for, mpg and emmisions (at the time). Just taking the HDi as it is - a reasonably light car, with a 2.0 diesel engine in it, isn't at all what was expecting in terms of performance mpg or running costs.

And looking at the prices of 'like for like' HDis on ebay, they are only a couple of hundred quid cheaper than an equivalent 90/110 PD Golf of the same year and milage, seems ridiculous theyre still going for over a grand imo.
Thanks given by:
Tom i think yours is broken in some way....ive driven one and been in a few and they wernt rockets but were by no means as slow as you say yours is
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halp Meeeeeeee!!! MrsMidnight 27 5,246 22-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Tallguy_2
Rainbow West Midlands Members - Halp. Kezzieboy 6 2,986 09-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Accidentally OD'd on paracetamol - Halp Dan! 43 12,604 18-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Last Post: David