tdo5

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tdo5
does anyone know or have tried a td05 in there dturbo any advice thanks
Thanks given by:
not that i've heard of, but i think it's starting to get into laggy territory mate, maybe a bit too big . .:-)

i'm fitting a TD04 next month though
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:03 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: not that i've heard of, but i think it's starting to get into laggy territory mate, maybe a bit too big . .:-)

i'm fitting a TD04 next month though

yeah was thinking the same have a tdo4 on its way to me was offerd a td05 aswell so just wanted to get some advice thanks mate
Thanks given by:
TD04 power range is ~3k to ~5k. Id imagine a TD05 would move both of them up around 1000rpm, which would make for a fairly fun car but not particularly driveable day to day. TD04 sized turbo is pretty well suited to the XUD9
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:09 PM)Dan! Wrote: TD04 power range is ~3k to ~5k. Id imagine a TD05 would move both of them up around 1000rpm, which would make for a fairly fun car but not particularly driveable day to day. TD04 sized turbo is pretty well suited to the XUD9

Thanks Dan just wondering what would be a safe rpm to be running a tdo4 on running lucas at the min but bosch on the way
Thanks given by:
Well the turbo won't be under any stress at 6krpm, considering they come off impreza's that rev further than that. The engine is the most likely to fail in any instance but I doubt your Lucas will be able to fuel much past 4.5k, at which the engine will be fine.
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:33 PM)Dan! Wrote: Well the turbo won't be under any stress at 6krpm, considering they come off impreza's that rev further than that. The engine is the most likely to fail in any instance but I doubt your Lucas will be able to fuel much past 4.5k, at which the engine will be fine.

cheers mate what would be the safe rpm on the bosch and if i posted you the pin would you be able to grind it for me mate and how much
Thanks given by:
Well a gov modded Bosch with some advance mods will rev past 6k, but as far as 'safe' goes, nobody could really specify. I would probably say 5k max, with the ocassional blast to 5.5k in 1st/2nd gear would be okay, but its by no means safe, these engines are afterall old diesels which wernt designed to be revved hard with high boost Tongue

Will PM you about the pin in a bit mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 08:42 PM)Dan! Wrote: Well a gov modded Bosch with some advance mods will rev past 6k, but as far as 'safe' goes, nobody could really specify. I would probably say 5k max, with the ocassional blast to 5.5k in 1st/2nd gear would be okay, but its by no means safe, these engines are afterall old diesels which wernt designed to be revved hard with high boost Tongue

Will PM you about the pin in a bit mate Smile

thanks mate ah got a spare engine there for back up lol
Thanks given by:
The TD05 frame really isnt suited to a 1.9l 8v Diesel... You're better off with a smaller frame turbo with a bigger compressor...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TDO5 help karl1989 6 2,480 17-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Last Post: karl1989