induction kits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
induction kits
how big is too big been offered a f**king huge one bout the size of a football will it turn my car into an asthmatic
Thanks given by:
There's little point as unless you can drag in more air you will be limited to how much passes through.
Thanks given by:
De-filter Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Look at the section CJ... Wink

Just go for a normal size cone, it's not really going to make any difference apart from more noise and possibly more heat soak.
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 09:15 AM)Curt Wrote: Look at the section CJ... Wink

Just go for a normal size cone, it's not really going to make any difference apart from more noise and possibly more heat soak.

Curt, your PH1 is beautiful mate! where did you get those wheels from?
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers dude Smile

I got them off of fleaBay for what I consider a bargain... But they're TD Pro Race 3's. More piccies etc in my project thread Smile
Thanks given by:
Dont even bother mate. If its that big where ever you fit it you will just suffer masivly from heat soak. Then you will just use more fuel and get less power.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ok ill just get a normal size one shall i cold feed to drop the temp??
Thanks given by:
If you're worried about heat soak you're better off getting an enclosed filter
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 09:56 AM)Curt Wrote: If you're worried about heat soak you're better off getting an enclosed filter

It runs quite hot unless its shifting dont no if Thats normal. Its got an enclosed one on at the moment k&n i think
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 09:54 AM)smokey Wrote: Ok ill just get a normal size one shall i cold feed to drop the temp??

Id recomend a K&N one that goes in your standard air box. (panel filter) they are brilliant and iv always ran them. With a noticable improvment

(20-09-2012, 09:59 AM)smokey Wrote:
(20-09-2012, 09:56 AM)Curt Wrote: If you're worried about heat soak you're better off getting an enclosed filter

It runs quite hot unless its shifting dont no if Thats normal. Its got an enclosed one on at the moment k&n i think

What do you call hot? My gti sits at 90-95 when im giving some beans

Thanks given by:
Ill have a look i think Thats Wat on it
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 09:31 AM)Curt Wrote: Cheers dude Smile

I got them off of fleaBay for what I consider a bargain... But they're TD Pro Race 3's. More piccies etc in my project thread Smile

Nice Big Grin will have a look at your thread.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 10:00 AM)puglove Wrote:
(20-09-2012, 09:54 AM)smokey Wrote: Ok ill just get a normal size one shall i cold feed to drop the temp??

Id recomend a K&N one that goes in your standard air box. (panel filter) they are brilliant and iv always ran them. With a noticable improvment

(20-09-2012, 09:59 AM)smokey Wrote:

What do you call hot? My gti sits at 90-95 when im giving some beans

About that it creeps up when sat still
Thanks given by:
Your fans arnt working then. Nothing to do with the induction of air.

Irs your water temp not air

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2012, 02:12 PM)puglove Wrote: Your fans arnt working then. Nothing to do with the induction of air.

Irs your water temp not air

Oh will have a look then
Thanks given by:
Got AC?

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2012, 05:46 PM)puglove Wrote: Got AC?

Yeah
Thanks given by:
In your engine bay should be a green plug / a blue plug and a brown plug to the left hand side of the head (near the battery) if you unplug the brown one the fans will kick in (if they are not totaly f*cked) try it see if it works,

This can be used as a short term fix if you get cought in traffic and you temp gets to dangerous levels

Thanks given by:
(28-09-2012, 04:58 PM)puglove Wrote: In your engine bay should be a green plug / a blue plug and a brown plug to the left hand side of the head (near the battery) if you unplug the brown one the fans will kick in (if they are not totaly f*cked) try it see if it works,

This can be used as a short term fix if you get cought in traffic and you temp gets to dangerous levels

There f*cked they were both jammed but asking as its moving its ok
Thanks given by:
Im running an ebay enclosed one mounted where the original filter would of been and its about the best option without spending out on a BMC or Viper. The noise is epic as the entrance is so close to the road but i cant drive through fords or deep puddles.
Thanks given by:
Tbh unless you do a lot of high-traffic driving where you are travelling very slowly then heatsoak is no where near as bigger problem on a 1.8 306 mate. The performance gains are debatable so with that in mind you may as well go for the best sound. I've had a couple of 1.8 306s and various induction kits-
K&N 57i cone
Powertec metal cone
Pipercross foam cone

Powertec one was chuffing expensive (£125 from memory) and didn't sound as good as the foam Pipercross induction cone filter which I got 2nd hand for £20! I would recommend them highly. I still think the K&N was the best made quality wise but pipercross definitely sounded the best.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
K&n has to be the best sound I reckon! Loud but sound properly epic about 4k!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Its got a k&n panel filter but im running with no fans at the minute so it gets verywarm in traffic
Thanks given by:
k&n cone sounds completely different to a panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnxNSkzCV...r_embedded

That video is a gopro of my car with a standard exhaust and k&n
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Some lovely gear changing going on there Niall :p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2012, 10:49 PM)Niall Wrote: k&n cone sounds completely different to a panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnxNSkzCV...r_embedded

That video is a gopro of my car with a standard exhaust and k&n

That sounds quite kinky :-):-)
Thanks given by:
The rainwater on the lens at about 1.35ish made me think your tyre was shredding as you came off the roundabout! lmao
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As car says, heatsoak wasn't an issue until i fitted the gti inlet mani. That coupled with a k&n57i above a toasty gearbox creates some lovely heatsoak exiting slow corners. I need to sit a cold air feed/hot air feed off somewhere...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cheap enclosed induction kits ? jjenn20 14 2,399 30-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  S16 induction S16 4 1,655 27-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Last Post: RetroPug