cheap enclosed induction kits ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheap enclosed induction kits ?
Are they any good ?
Theres a cheap universal one on ebay £ 45 are they worth it tho ?
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't bother tbh, just get an uprated panel filter for the standard air box. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do have the link ??

Enclosed filters are better so don't get heat soak or suck up a puddle,If there fitted properly.

I'd personally stay standard or go for a viper styled one.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I use the carbon effect enclosed system from ebay. Around £35 mainly to reduce heat soak and lower air temps.
Thanks given by:
£45 doesn't sound cheap for one.... Confused
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2015, 09:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: £45 doesn't sound cheap for one.... Confused

Cheaper than a £100+ pipercross , BMC, or ITG filter

I imagine the ebay jobbies are fine for what they are, as long as the filter inside isn't restrictive

Can't see it making a difference on a 1.8, but if you're prone to driving through fords then being able to relocate the air feed to somewhere that doesn't suck it all up and hydrolock your engine can only be a good thing.
Thanks given by:
I'd wait for a used BMC DIA to come up, seen a few for sale at the price you're talking about.
The issue won't be the enclosure but the filter inside might be rubbish, at least a used BMC that you then thoroughly clean and re-oil is of a known quality.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
This was my setup on the rallye 

[attachment=21391]
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Iv got a pipercross induction kit on it at the moment, I lile the look of enclosed induction kits there cool.

Iv just had my mot, and I got an advisory for a crack in the cv joint, is this badd ??
Thanks given by:
i've seen one done with a largeish tupperware tub with a filter inside, bit of ducting and you'll be away for a lot less than £45 lol
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
the best enclosed induction setup, is the standard one.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
.^ yep
Thanks given by:
Is good filtration really such a necessity on these? I know that sounds like a stupid comment but are these so precise that a speck of dust or 1mm speck could ruin things? Im not going to sounds like a xud boy and shout "run defillter yo, na restrictions!" Wink but is it worth getting a ~£100 filter when a £5 ebay will do at getting the really chunky bits (bugs etc) and the engine will just make do with the smaller bits getting in provided its not a shit ton of sand (see forum post about guy porting and polishing engine by pouring sand into the intake)
Just opening up for a interesting debate not trying to pick fights btw Wink
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I found my 205 gti6 responded a hell of a lot better to a cheap open cone £5 eBay jobby, over an expensive enclosed pipercross filter
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2015, 09:13 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: I found my 205 gti6 responded a hell of a lot better to a cheap open cone £5 eBay jobby, over an expensive enclosed pipercross filter

Probably because better filtration loosely correlates with more restriction.

It'd respond great with just wire mesh over it to keep out rocks but your air wouldn't be very well filtered.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S16 induction S16 4 1,656 27-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
Question silicone hose kits Lankie91 7 2,170 31-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  induction kits smokey 28 8,527 01-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Grant