Click click clicking!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Click click clicking!
Guys,

Thoughts please.

Just replaced an engine on my P2 1.9 DT, and after weve had the engine running, something within the engine bay is clicking. Every couple of minutes or so, and it sounds like a relay or a solenoid maybe? Can't figure out what is still 'live' after I've cut the engine, so as a precaution I'm disconnecting the battery when I'm not using the car.

Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Are the head lights flashing? Could well be your alarm/imobliser having a fit. My gti does it a fair bit

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Do you mean flashing as in on and off? It's when the car is switch off, key out of the ignition. As we've had the bonnet open for various bits and bobs, this is when we hear it. We have had to bypass the emobiliser. Maybe to do with it?
Thanks given by:
Mine does this sometimes and my lights flash, but no horn/alarm sound.
Thanks given by:
Lol, I think I know what this is... I'm going to guess that you've got your electronic-adjustors plugged in to the back of the headlights? If so, I would hazard a guess that the motors are fooked and are moving your headlights up and down constantly/randomly. Mine did the same so I just disconnected them. They will also be doing it with the engine on, so in the dark leave the car running then just watch the height of the headlight beams... If they're going up and down, disconnect them Big Grin
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks. Will try the above, but the noise sounds almost like a fuse blowing. It's a real click, and normally in a pair?
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 08:31 PM)VR46 Wrote: Thanks. Will try the above, but the noise sounds almost like a fuse blowing. It's a real click, and normally in a pair?

Hi, I'm also having the same problem after an engine swap and immobiliser bypass, it can't be headlamp adjusters on my car because I don't have them!
Did you ever find the cause as I'm having to disconnect the battery if I leave the car for more than an few hours or so as it drains the battery?
Regards
David
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  indicator 'click' ct-hdi 6 1,407 27-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Small click, relay, Dead battery? Video added ginge191 22 7,675 10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ginge191
Video Volcane Periodic engine bay click Zippy121 2 1,429 27-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Zippy121