indicator 'click'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
indicator 'click'
Driving to work this morning and heard the indicator relay clicking as though there was a bulb out... It was only intermittent but stopped if I used the indicator stalk...

Iirc it started again if I pressed the stalk half down...

Even though it was clicking the telltale on the dash wasn't showing that the indicators were on. ..

anyone had any similar problems?
Thanks given by:
9/10 times it is a faulty stalk.

The contacts wear and short, and the ticking you can hear is the relay activating.

Get another stalk and try that Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant hit the nail on the head, for me it's always been the stalk.

You can investigate this by removing the stalk, dismantling it and cleaning the contacts but for me this only worked temporarily, it's better to spend out £30-50 on a new stalk. Remember to get one with the correct options for front/rear fogs as there are different types.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers for quick responses... least it isn't anything serious in the wiring or anything...

I'll get checking the breaking threads then as I assume they'll be dealer only?
Thanks given by:
I've sometimes found them on eBay cheaper (brand new). I think they're made by Valeo, so available outside of dealership circles. The same stalk was fitted to the 106 and Xsara too.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I refurbished my indicator stalk when I had this issue after upgrading to led repeater bulbs and having to change the relay for an electronic one. Still working fine now. That was maybe a year or so ago. Wink

Give it a try anyway, only took me about a half hour from start to finish. And it didn't cost anything. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i had the same issue and its an MOT failure, lovely dumdum gave me a new stalk and its sorted now!

if you look at the dashboard whilst its clicking the green indicator directional light will not work on the dials and this means the indicators on the exterior of the car will not work
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Small click, relay, Dead battery? Video added ginge191 22 7,634 10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ginge191
Video Volcane Periodic engine bay click Zippy121 2 1,425 27-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Zippy121
  Click click clicking! VR46 6 2,378 26-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Zippy121