f*ck you GTi6 - waiting for the AA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
f*ck you GTi6 - waiting for the AA
Bug 
So 3am finds me at the side of a cold motorway slip road waiting for the AA cos my 6 is a lady garden and wont start.

Thanks given by:
pain in the arse that dum dum, did it just cut out on you?
Thanks given by:
Sorry but

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
She's just collapsed after extreme dieting... lol
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scrap it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
FLOL! ICV?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Was the starter motor removed in a quest for saving weight?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Or the battery?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
I will happily bet £3.26 that this doesn't get fixed and he scraps it because it's broken
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nice trip down to portsmouth was it? Lol
Thanks given by:
should of bought a derv!

bad luck m8
Thanks given by:
I reckon he just got tired pedalling home now he's removed that heavy old engine..
Thanks given by:
Cars have to be bred to survive the rancid Portsmouth atmosphere

Also niall. How come £3.26...
Did you know that's how much work have paid me to poop this week
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I reckon it's not priming cause the Inertia switch has dodgy connection. Only cause that Happened to me before on the Diablo!

Did you get it sorted in the end?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Down 
Oh nooo! Sad that sucks! Mark just told me! Did you get home in the end? I feel awful now lol. X
pink
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2012, 09:30 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: I reckon it's not priming cause the Inertia switch has dodgy connection. Only cause that Happened to me before on the Diablo!

Did you get it sorted in the end?

WHATT?!?! No trolling?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the sympathy guys (I think)

I dont know whats wrong, Ive only just got up and had breakfast as after alot of f*cking around I didnt get home till 0530.

On the A3 near the Wisley services the ABS warning light came on which I ignored.
I pulled up at the lights and the clocks were still showing 65mph and 3000 rpm ish and the ABS light so I killed the engine to see if it would fix this
Tried to start it again and it wouldnt, just got the click of death.
All the electrics still work, the windows go up and down at the speed they should.
It now displays the engine warning light and the stop light.

It will bump start but only runs for a little while (maybe a minute) idling at 500rpm and then dies.

I have a feeling it could be a myriad of issues combining to make one.

The car had a couple of very heavy landings while I was on the south coast, one was airborne at about 80mph and the other has left tarmac embedded on the bottom of my gearbox.

Gonna check the earths and the fuses and then go and get a code reader.

Oh and as for f*cking about

- Called the AA, because i was in a live lane they wouldnt take any details from me till id called the Police
- Police called, AA arranged
- Police arrived and helped my push it a way back up the slip road then bump start it.
- Then the car died and so we pushed it all the way back up the slip road into a "place of safety" and they buggered off and f*ck me that was quite a push.
- AA arrived with a low loader, loaded the car and said they were only taking me to a services (back down the A3) and that a local recovery company would be out at 0430 to try and fix it. I said if he joined the M25 he could have me home by 0430.
- Got to the southbound Wisley services on the A3 and unloaded the car.
- The AA driver gets a call saying no load it back up and take him home so back on the truck she goes
- He then gets another call saying no unload it again and await the breakdown garage and cancel the job so he does that.
- Then you would not believe it by this point, another phone call saying load it back up again and take him home.
- Loaded up and then realise its almost 5 miles the wrong way down the A3 to be able to turn around to go back.
- Finally got home to bed at 0530 after leaving the coast at 0130.
Thanks given by:
Thats not good Sad
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Tarmac in the gearbox.... Airborn at 80mph.... Bloody hell dum, it just sounds like you treat it like shit. Have some mechanical sympathy ffs. It's just ridiculous. It annoys the hell out of me, driving like a hero includes driving to the roads and to the car. also, you have to look good whilst youre doing it, and collecting the road on the underside of the car just makes people think what a knob
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
do you need a driving licence for your job chris? because if so, your doing a bloody good job of trying to loose your job!
Drive over to me and ill plug pug planet in for you and see why the abs is playing up........oh wait
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Anyone have a code reader I can borrow
Thanks given by:
yes....if you come and get it. Ive just had to drive past yours...im not driving back!

oh and two simple things to try. take the neg lead off the battery off and put it back on again. Happened to my car once and this solved it. Dont know how or why but it did.
Second, try hitting the inertia switch under the bonnet. they can become faulty or your "heroic" driving might of set it off
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(16-09-2012, 11:02 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Tarmac in the gearbox.... Airborn at 80mph.... Bloody hell dum, it just sounds like you treat it like shit. Have some mechanical sympathy ffs. It's just ridiculous. It annoys the hell out of me, driving like a hero includes driving to the roads and to the car. also, you have to look good whilst youre doing it, and collecting the road on the underside of the car just makes people think what a knob

Neither are particularly my fault. The lump in the road i took off from didnt look as sharp as it was and the tarmac in the box is because both sides of a narrow country road have collapsed by about a foot just after the road dips away so I couldnt see it in the headlights
Thanks given by:
That's quite a perplexing issue, I wonder if you've chafed through a major earth cable as all your faults seem electrical.

Suggest whilst looking for someone with Pug planet you start inspecting loom. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Oops....
Thanks given by:
Lol, tard.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
Sebastian Loeb never has this trouble I bet!

Seriously dude that is not cool.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Why the fook you driving it like that?? :O

Dude... You write it off ill have to come to yours and set fire to your house.

Fool xx
Thanks given by:
Does sound line a battery / electrical / earth issue

Start by checking battery voltage, and that all earth straps are intact
Thanks given by:
Worked it out!

Its the alternator!!!!

Theres no fuses gone, all the earths and main battery leads are in tact. The battery looks nearly new but it was reading 11.4v when tested.

Wired it up to my dads car and the battery started charging. Jump started it and it ran fine, everything worked, no warning lights.

Removed the jump leads and the idle got slower and slower until it died with the battery showing just 9v. Wired it back to my dads car for a bit and the battery is now reading a healthy 12v.

I cant test the alternator charging in situ as the inlet manifold is in the way but it cant be anything else.

So has anyone got a GTi6 alternator in a known good condition?

The part number on the alternator is 5705W9

Service box says a new alternator is £192.24 plus a £60 surcharge plus VAT so £302.69 before discount
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Just waiting for a mate. Andy 18 6,602 26-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Last Post: DaveW
  Sat waiting for my MOT fail list :( ash240970 20 4,409 16-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ash240970
  There is still £2357.43 waiting in your name!!! Ruan 20 3,906 17-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Jukie88