f*ck you GTi6 - waiting for the AA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
f*ck you GTi6 - waiting for the AA
You've not met Chris before! And that's clearly on private land where he says :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Everyone goes over the limit at some point, get over yourself.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2012, 10:18 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Everyone goes over the limit at some point, get over yourself.

I can see where he's coming from tbh. Yes we all speed and occasionally do stupid things but you drive to the conditions and what you can see most importantly. If you can't see over the brow of a hill, you slow down, not attack it at 80mph. If Chris got airborne, how does he know there's not old bill over there or even worse someone crossing the road? Yeah that's worst case but it's still possible!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
he said he didn't know the roads and each one was not his fault. totally not his ends so cut him some slack. sorry but if your having a go you must be able to say you've never been enjoying your car so much you've lost track of speed and just become immersed in the drive.

If your a perfect driver who has never broken any driving laws weigh into him but if your not those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones........
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
There was that story with the hump-back bridge and the Integra Type R where they deliberately tried to get air. All occupants were killed, doing less than Chris claims he did...

I've gotten airborne once and it was an accident - cars are for driving that's why they have wheels and not landing gear.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
yea but if he doesnt know the roads, then surely he should be taking it a little easier? i know i drive slower on roads i dont know, and 'slightly' quicker on roads i know like the back of my hand.

anyway, thats not the point of this thread, we all know Chris drives like a madman anyway lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
yes we do all know that he does but some peoples holier then thou attitude pee's me off.

Sometimes the best drives are discovering new roads and when your in that moment you forget about all but the drive. i speak as a biker and driver here.

He has the best handling and fastest stock 306 who can blame him for enjoying it?

Hopefully he has learnt to take time now but this is chris we're on about lol
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2012, 10:45 AM)Kwik Wrote: He has the best handling and fastest stock 306 who can blame him for enjoying it?

I'm assuming he told you that?
Either way problem with the car should be fixed soon. New alternator tonight
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
no i'm going by the facts it's a gti-6 niall. name one stock 306 that outperforms a gti-6/rallye
Thanks given by:
I wasn't disagreeing. Just saying its something I can imagine Chris saying.
On the handling front, I can think of a few cars that probably handle a lot better than his considering it's not stock.

Oh and a matiz is faster than his car at the moment seeing as it doesn't start :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(17-09-2012, 11:05 AM)Niall Wrote: I wasn't disagreeing. Just saying its something I can imagine Chris saying.
On the handling front, I can think of a few cars that probably handle a lot better than his considering it's not stock.

Oh and a matiz is faster than his car at the moment seeing as it doesn't start :p

lol thats cold! anyway just a little heads up i'm not at ace tonight but someone bring dum an alternator lol
Thanks given by:
He's having my old one so will be fixed and tearing up Tarmac again soon....literally.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lol cool. it's so annoying when your without your car. my cam belt snapped on old engine and i had to have an engine swap. recovery took the urine and i was without my car for a couple of weeks. had bike but i couldn't work as couldn't transport the equipment. so dum i know how you feel
Thanks given by:
Just so eneryone knows I wasn't being an arse about the cop comment thing I was saying I love how he drives hahahh
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Id never drive faster than I could stop safely in the distance I could see clearly ahead and you all know that.

I got airborne off an undulation that was no more than 12 inches high on a straight, non residential road with wide grass verges and no other pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2012, 01:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Id never drive faster than I could stop safely in the distance I could see clearly ahead and you all know that.

I'll remember that one if I'm ever stopped...'well officer, I know I was doing 140mph on the motorway but it's OK, I could see for miles and could easily stop in that distance....' Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Anyway back on topic

a 2 hour round trip to do 15 miles on public transport and I have a brand new genuine Peugeot inlet manifold gasket woop!

I also picked up some fuel hose yesterday cos the bit off the rail on mine has started leaking since the car was serviced on Friday and some nice thick battery leads to run between the alternator, starter motor and battery (while its apart i might as well)
Thanks given by:
i once got air . . . . . . . . . .the most interesting bit was how my arsehole twitched when i landed, the back end kicked out and i just caught it in time . . . .Puke
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2012, 10:45 AM)Kwik Wrote: yes we do all know that he does but some peoples holier then thou attitude pee's me off.

Sometimes the best drives are discovering new roads and when your in that moment you forget about all but the drive. i speak as a biker and driver here.

He has the best handling and fastest stock 306 who can blame him for enjoying it?

What? Hardly holier than thou critising someone for getting airbourne on a public road they didn't know is it? For all Dum knew there could have been an off camber bump in the road which would send him straight off into the nearest tree. Maybe time to chill out a bit

Fastestest and bestest 306 doesn't mean shit all does it really...even if this particular one is 31.33r% faster than average.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2012, 08:13 PM)lewisdmz Wrote:
(17-09-2012, 10:45 AM)Kwik Wrote: yes we do all know that he does but some peoples holier then thou attitude pee's me off.

What? Hardly holier than thou critising someone for getting airbourne on a public road they didn't know is it? For all Dum knew there could have been an off camber bump in the road which would send him straight off into the nearest tree. Maybe time to chill out a bit

Fastestest and bestest 306 doesn't mean shit all does it really...even if this particular one is 31.33r% faster than average.

did my comment hit a bit close to home? sorry if it did but no one is perfect and i was just calling it as i saw it.

Anyway back on topic dum when is the alternator going on?
Thanks given by:
I was once driving along in the New Forest on a holiday (there was a 306 meet there at the time, at the motor museum. Does anyone remember?!) and the road was straight but unfamiliar. I was doing little more than 40mph because it was single-track. Then, somehow, I went over a really lumpy hump-back bridge and took to the air - Properly scary!

At 80mph it would have had a much worse outcome than just knocking the sat-nav off the windscreen...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
nice example and shows even when taking it easy you can still take to the air. don't remember the meet though lol
Thanks given by:
Theres a give way thing near my house and its a 30mph road, you can still get air as its a bit of a sharp bump in the road even when doing the limit.
Thanks given by:
So again back on topic

The new alternator is on and Ive got the belt tensioned, f*ck me its a pain in the arse of a job. just gotta get the inlet back on and make some fuel lines.

Oh and while it was apart i did a pikey de-resonator. Chemical metal FTW.
Thanks given by:
There's two humpback bridges on my way to work, if taken at 60, you'll get the front lifting...

Even when hooning, I back off to 50 for the bridges, there's been tractors or cyclists the other side before now, and brakes don't work when you're in the air!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 08:40 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: There's two humpback bridges on my way to work, if taken at 60, you'll get the front lifting...

Even when hooning, I back off to 50 for the bridges, there's been tractors or cyclists the other side before now, and brakes don't work when you're in the air!

they do if you've got 4 pots fitted . . . . . . . .Itwasntme
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 08:48 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: they do if you've got 4 pots fitted . . . . . . . .Itwasntme

Sorry, forgot how awesome they were lol

Thanks given by:
Thats alright then, I has 4 pots
Thanks given by:
and wings, yeah?

Thanks given by:
Thought that's what the parachute is for?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Just waiting for a mate. Andy 18 6,600 26-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Last Post: DaveW
  Sat waiting for my MOT fail list :( ash240970 20 4,407 16-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ash240970
  There is still £2357.43 waiting in your name!!! Ruan 20 3,904 17-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Jukie88