Geeks - Your up! - Mirror Indicators

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geeks - Your up! - Mirror Indicators
After having horrendous issues with my side repeaters - im looking at finding an alternative, and after trawling the internet i've come across this idea

[Image: BM60DLM_Add1_lge.jpg]

I'd like to fit something similar to mine, now would anyone have any idea on how to integrate this into a mirror, wiring is so much of an issue.

Also, theres this thing called the LAW. to be road legal, my car would have to have side repeaters, either on the mirrors or on the wings. Would this suffice on passing an MOT and allow me to smooth over the current indicator slot... AND suffice visibility...

Im assuming, the easiest way would be to put an LED strip between the mirror glass and the mirror casing?

Any ideas post it up.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Doubt that would be legal as it doesn't face sideways... so not really a side repeater. looks cool though
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
surely that is as "sideways" as you can get :?
Thanks given by:
How? It looks like its facing the rear to me
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
MOT testers Manual Wrote:Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986 must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side. Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens.

be interesting to know the law on this...
Thanks given by:
Our headlights don't fit under that, just ask springs
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Our headlights don't fit under that, just ask springs

BUT when down to MOt discretion, our indicators can be seen from the side...
Thanks given by:
Nope... just ask springs... He had this argument when he had the dimma tested
Thanks given by:
With ph1 cars the "side repeater" part is covered by the front indicator as it is a seperate indicator from the headlight and is visable from the side Wink

AFAIK this does not apply to ph2 or ph3 lights as they are part of the headlight unit.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Well me and springs have both failed most on not having side repeaters... both ph1...
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Well me and springs have both failed most on not having side repeaters... both ph1...

See strictly speaking I would say that its a fail on the MOT testers part as strictly speaking they comply, the other option is to run the repeater wiring to under the slam pannel so you can fit temp ones for the MOT test then tuck the wiring away until next year Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
No i just didn't have one fitted lol but dis try saying that the front indicator is enough, but he wasn't having it... plus i don't think they quite come round enough anyway to get away with it imo
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:No i just didn't have one fitted lol but dis try saying that the front indicator is enough, but he wasn't having it... plus i don't think they quite come round enough anyway to get away with it imo

IIRC the wording is something like that "it needs to be a separate light unit to the headlight that visible from the side" both of which the ph1 front ones are so technically the MOT tester is wrong mate regardless of if you have side repeaters fitted. That's what I have been sayin lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I know what you're saying lol but I don't think the light shines that much out that side, they just face forward
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:I know what you're saying lol but I don't think the light shines that much out that side, they just face forward

I know what your sayin but if you can see them from the side (which you can, I've tried) then they shouldnt fail, I know they aren't perfect but that's why they fitted the side repeaters which you have now removed isn't it Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
No i didn't get rid of my side repeaters, just didn't fit it back on when I had the wing replaced lol
Thanks given by:
*facepalm* lol

Well that is just the ultimate in laziness isn't it ROFL
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Well it was broke... and i needed a new one.. and and... Yeah im just lazy lol
Thanks given by:
This would be legal providing you also had some on the front of the wing mirror so they can be seen from the front.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
No they need to be seen from the side, that's why you have side repeaters
Thanks given by:
Didn't someone fibreglass them into the side strip on the front wing a while back? Not sure if I ever saw the end result of that, but I think it'd look smart if you could do that.
Thanks given by:
I've heard of that being done, never seen it though, I've been thinking about just drilling holes in the trim and having leds poking out...
Thanks given by:
Was that not welsh Ben Scott? I would go with the led's though Connor or the temp idea I posted earlier for the duration of the MOT test
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Yeah Welsh Ben sounds familiar, think it was him

Oh and its fine now mark, was my dt and i did put a repeater back in... had to for the MOT, didn't plug it in though lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah that sounds about right! Speaking of him actually, where is he. I'm surprised he's not selling wind deflectors already lol

Leds could look good though! Someone should try it with a spare bit of trim.
Thanks given by:
I do have a spare piece of trim at home ninja
Thanks given by:
Oh he doesn't sell them any more... or is he having "one last order"
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:No they need to be seen from the side, that's why you have side repeaters

Yes....you would have them wrapping round the mirror cap like they do on all cars with indicators in the mirrors
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yes and they need to be seen from the side, not the front
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Yes and they need to be seen from the side, not the front

Your more argumentative than me today, whats wrong with you?? Tongue

you can see them from the side as the wrap around the indicator, thats what he is trying to say

like this (shit pic but you get the idea)

[Image: BLACK%20M3%20INDI.jpg]
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indicators and Hazards not working. CaptainHair 5 2,987 19-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  indicators wont work :/ hilly5672 2 1,465 24-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: hilly5672
  no indicators Leemus 4 2,485 22-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Eeyore