Help - Car tried to paint itself black...........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Car tried to paint itself black...........
[Image: DSC_0727.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0726.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0724.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0723.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0721.jpg]

Whats the problem here then? whistle :violin:

lol Quite messy to say the least, new turbo tomorrow hopefully!
Thanks given by:
Shitting hell that's alto of oil!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*cking lol. Daylight pictures needed!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Daylight photos tomorrow lol Assuming all the local pikey kids havent written their girlfriends names in it haha. Quite a funny/serious amount of oil though. He was doing 70 when it went.
Thanks given by:
Lucky it spat it out the hotside and it didn't run on the oil... that would have been fun...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Lucky it spat it out the hotside and it didn't run on the oil... that would have been fun...

Ah good point, we were going to investigate tomorrow if it blew outa the hot side or the cold side, but I didnt think of that, must be the hotside then, good news! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Oh you'd have known about it id it went through the cold side, nothing better than a car with a govmod running on its own oil lol
Thanks given by:
LOL, 8krpm ftw!
Thanks given by:
standard... right?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
f*cking lol. any runaway diesel running on its own oil will just rev until something seizes or a rod makes a bid for freedom and still it will keep going. brakes on hard, 5th gear and drop the clutch, only way to stop them
Thanks given by:
cheap skate only paying for half a respray!
Thanks given by:
I think the turbo might have gone lol , as said, you has been lucky in a way, it could easily have been new engine time............
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:I think the turbo might have gone lol , as said, you has been lucky in a way, it could easily have been new engine time............

I thought the turbo might have gone lol
Thanks given by:
I think Dan! shouldnt be allowed to touch any more DTurbos
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:I think Dan! shouldnt be allowed to touch any more DTurbos

Beat me to it lol. If he ever says we'll just make a little adjust to something then you know its going to die lol Confusedmile:
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Was he doing 70 in reverse at the time? How the hell did it all go upwards lol?? 0_o

But yeah, I wouldn't like to be cleaning that up!
Thanks given by:

Anyone think we should change his strap line to dturbo killer? Haha
Thanks given by:
best anti rust paint iv ever seen, could sell this idea to ford
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:

Anyone think we should change his strap line to dturbo killer? Haha

I've already said this to Scott lol
Thanks given by:
Jesus!!!!! As tom said that is some spray pattern!

Looking forward to day time pics.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna frame that picture and hang it on my wall.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
f*ck all your couches who think this is my fault! Confusedhock: Got the turbo off this afternoon to find this!

[Image: Broadland-20111227-01190.jpg]

[Image: Broadland-20111227-01192.jpg]

:? Sooo, that'l be the problem then! Nut came off, smashed into the impellor and blew the oil seal into the hotside. Impellor blades are nicely ruined as you can see and the shaft is seized pretty much solid now, dead turbo for sure! Not sure why/how that would have happened? But either way seems pretty unlucky, although at the same time lucky it didnt get sucked through the compressor wheeland into the mani/head/cylinder.

And also,

Toms306 Wrote:Was he doing 70 in reverse at the time? How the hell did it all go upwards lol?? 0_o

But yeah, I wouldn't like to be cleaning that up!

lol Doh

Have you ever seen how smoke comes out the back of a car/exhaust at high speed? Because of the vacuum created behind the car the smoke/oil always blows up the back of the car.

And my sister cleaned it off, for £3 lol

[Image: Broadland-20111227-01186.jpg]

[Image: Broadland-20111227-01185.jpg]

[Image: Broadland-20111227-01189.jpg]

And this is how the cars sitting now:

[Image: Broadland-20111227-01193.jpg]

[Image: Broadland-20111227-01194.jpg]

Realised we didnt have a new inlet/exh gasket and everywhere was closed Sad Should be running tomorrow! Smile
Thanks given by:
Also, the new turbo were gonna fit is a bit stiff to turn, its been off a car for about 6 months so will it just be a case of fit it and prime it up with some oil and it'l be fine? You can turn it by hard fairly easily, though theres obviously a bit of a resistance, but it wont spin at all. Fine?
Thanks given by:
Where did you find the nut?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Where it is in the photos lol
Thanks given by:
Proper job that Wink haha
Thanks given by:
In complete fairness to Garrett, Dan... That usually happens when the compressor SMACKS the side of the casing, the inertia undoes the reverse threaded nut... Seen that happen a few times before...

I bet you the shaft is still snapped... Typical pissy GT15 tbh...

Make sure the entire intake system is clear of oil, otherwise first time it boosts up, blows ALL the oil in the intake into a lovely fine mist and the engine runs away seriously... Seen that happen before, just ask Darren!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Also, the new turbo were gonna fit is a bit stiff to turn, its been off a car for about 6 months so will it just be a case of fit it and prime it up with some oil and it'l be fine? You can turn it by hard fairly easily, though theres obviously a bit of a resistance, but it wont spin at all. Fine?

Should be fine Smile
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:In complete fairness to Garrett, Dan... That usually happens when the compressor SMACKS the side of the casing, the inertia undoes the reverse threaded nut... Seen that happen a few times before...

I bet you the shaft is still snapped... Typical pissy GT15 tbh...

Make sure the entire intake system is clear of oil, otherwise first time it boosts up, blows ALL the oil in the intake into a lovely fine mist and the engine runs away seriously... Seen that happen before, just ask Darren!

Ah right, well the car was boosting 26psi, but was only cruising at 70mph/4psi when it blew, still seems odd?

And also, its a T2, not GT15 Smile

Also, bit confuzzled about that? The oil escaped out of the seal into the hotside, so surely the intake system is no oilyer than before the turbo blow? :think: Although we were going to clean the majority of the FMIC pipes out anyway as the oil breather oil is fairly thick in there and the oil breather is still connected (we'l disconnet it tomorrow when putting it all back together...)

n0v0s Wrote:Should be fine Smile

Thanks, fingers crossed!
Thanks given by:
My poor poor car haha. Should have seen the white smoke out the back of the car when it blew up and the three police cars that turned up. The old beast will b running again tomorrow.
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by: