gearbox idea??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gearbox idea??
right ive had a thought, could i fit a saxo vtr gearbox to an xud? wanting this due to the really long second gear, and then maybe pair it with a hdi final drive?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
No.

Is your simple answer, its an MA box, they're also weak as piss, you'd probably break one... And the gearing will be totally wrong, remember a petrol revs to 7k... A diesel to 5K max....

Also, it doesnt fit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Nospeak must resist trolling!

Like Ruan says it's a no. Even if it could fit it would be no different to a standard box if not even shorter as most DT's only rev to 5k.

But if you want a different box you could always try fitting a GTI-6 box with massive wheels to counter act the short gearing..
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
ok ok ok Sad make me feel sad why dont you Sad i want that awesome 2nd gear that the saxo has
Thanks given by:
its long because its petrol and revs, stick a hdi box on and 2nd will be longer then
Thanks given by:
HDi box is the way forward had one on Pat and now have one on Project T
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
thought HDI boxs just had a longer final drive . . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
wait so the 6 box fits in the xud? back on to the argument would it make a difference anyway due to revs
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
which makes all the gears longer......
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 12:39 PM)Kwik Wrote: which makes all the gears longer......

sorry this has been explained to me before lol . . .yeah i get it, i thought it was just that 5th was longer . . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
If the hdi box just had a longer 5th, it would be totally win!, but 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are all fail on the HDI box, the DT box is much better.... hdi is just better for motorway cruising and pottering about :p
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the DTurbo box is for acceleration but tops out too soon UNLESS you have gov modded.

The HDi box is longer so gives better fuel consumption AND better top end but sacrifice's acceleration

As i have a 600 Ninja i don't need acceleration so HDi box FTW!lol
Thanks given by:
IMHO it's not so much the gearboxes fault that economy isn't mind blowing as standard... I had a OEM DT box on mine with the GT20, and 55mpg on the motorway was pretty common, sat at 2750rpm at 70mph... 80 is 3k.... I could get 60mpg if I sat at 60mph...

If you want to make it efficient, get a more modern turbo.... Less boost =/= more economy Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
No point in HDi box unless you have a super efficient (very fast spool / no lag) turbo imo.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
thats why HDi box with GT15 is the best for economy. i do hear what your saying raun though but less revs also means more economy too
Thanks given by:
I had hdi box with a T28, that was insane going from 2nd to 3rd...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a 405 box if youre interested? I'm sure it's basically dturbo gears but longer 5th. Just 50rpm higher than a hdi box.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
how much kris?
Thanks given by:
If I had the money, I'd consider getting a longer F/D machined for a GTi6 'box...

But that WOULD be expensive!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  just had a very pikey idea bashbarnard 15 3,206 21-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Any idea's? Gaz85 1 904 23-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Last Post: daveylennon93
  Eco button idea strictly_perv 15 3,089 28-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Poodle