Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi
haha brilliant! does actually suit that title for more than one reason....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I thought so too whistle
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 04:39 PM)Poodle Wrote: Lol fair enough. Dammit, knew i'd come to regret that comment, been ninja'd already. Rolleyes

Does that mean we won't be having more details on the plant life? Smile
Thanks given by:
Heh heh maybe so... And no more details, probably best that way lol. Aaaaanyway, let's get this thread back on track now, i need to resume bullying you into going for stage 3!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 06:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: ... I need to resume bullying you into going for stage 3!

Please resume. :p
Thanks given by:
So after the disastrous day in the 1.1 Pug 206. I have today managed to borrow my mums car, which is much more to my liking...

[Image: null-14.jpg]

Obviously she doesn't like washing it. :p
She has asked me to as a 'thank you for letting me borrow your car' kinda thing. Sad
Thanks given by:
That soft-top looks really tidy! Had one identical to that not so long ago, was a fun car if a little wallowy lol...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 09:23 AM)Poodle Wrote: That soft-top looks really tidy! Had one identical to that not so long ago, was a fun car if a little wallowy lol...

Wallowy?
I'm not so keen, it's an automatic. Sad
Thanks given by:
Oh, sod automatics, bet you can't take it past 7k rpm on one of those. Confused Yeah, handling wasn't as sharp, assume it's the extra weight that caused it, was a lot more likely to understeer as well.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 12:39 PM)Poodle Wrote: Oh, sod automatics, bet you can't take it past 7k rpm on one of those. Confused Yeah, handling wasn't as sharp, assume it's the extra weight that caused it, was a lot more likely to understeer as well.

Yeah it goes about 60k max when foot presses the last bite...
Sounds like a beast. Feels like 2 of my HDi (weight wise) though and handling is very different... In a very bad way.

Sod automatics for real. I like changing gear and feeling involved. Auto bores me... Legs twitch and I get all fidgety. :/ lol

Oh yeah...

Cuddles with one of my favourite girls...

[Image: null-16.png]

All back together... Sounding beautiful & pulling much better. Smile

(Now to await the garage bill...)
Thanks given by:
Really glad it's worked out alright, now imagine what you could do with an intercooler and that nice new fuel system...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 08:07 PM)Poodle Wrote: Really glad it's worked out alright, now imagine what you could do with an intercooler and that nice new fuel system...

An intercooler alone wouldn't bring any performance gains surely??
Thanks given by:
Well no, you'd need a remap from mr_whippy or pro_steve to take advantage, but those guys are pretty cheap really, <£100 iirc. Sort your exhaust out and you'd be the right side of 150bhp... Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 01:58 PM)Poodle Wrote: Well no, you'd need a remap from mr_whippy or pro_steve to take advantage, but those guys are pretty cheap really, <£100 iirc. Sort your exhaust out and you'd be the right side of 150bhp... Wink

Not any sooner than getting a different job. lol. Can't do 80-100 miles a day with that. Insurance would go nuts as already have business use and like loads of miles! Sad
Maybe new job, less driving, less insurance as not so much miles and wouldn't need business insurance. Something for the pipeline though...
Thanks given by:
Think she needs a wash...

[Image: null-17.jpg]

Damn you wet muddy countryside!! Angry
Thanks given by:
On a different note I've ordered a pair of Heko wind deflectors.

Progress from here will probably be slow for a while, insurance due in November. Tax due in January and MOT February... And after (stupidly) working out how much she's cost me so far in the last 2 months. I gotta chill for a bit. lol
Thanks given by:
Wind deflectors are win, i've just put some on mine & love them
Thanks given by:
Hahah can't argue with that tbf, well get on the job hunt then. Tongue
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 08:36 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Wind deflectors are win, i've just put some on mine & love them

I've seen a few cars on here with them on. They look pretty sweet. Also I'm a little annoyed at getting a wet arm in rain or when I spray the windscreen. lol

(25-10-2012, 08:59 PM)Poodle Wrote: Hahah can't argue with that tbf, well get on the job hunt then. Tongue

It's not as easy as that. Probably another 6 months till I shift. Got qualifications to finish then I should be good for a similar role elsewhere without issue. Also waiting for house to come up we like so we can relocate slightly... Timing and whatnot should be fun. But it'll be worth it. Smile

Don't get me wrong, I still have paint and need to do rear bumper and anti-rust the arches and underside. Still going to sort some black masks too. Also need to get under seat and see what's up with airbag wiring. Suspension will need doing for MOT. It'll just be slower progress, not that I have a written plan anymore, I'm more 'oh I like that!' and then yeah... lol Smile

EDIT. Oh yeah and dash etc. after some white LEDs. Smile
Thanks given by:
Your mums car is filthy.. I was going to go for a joke but not sure how well you'd take it so i played it safe Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 01:07 AM)Tom Wrote: Your mums car is filthy.. I was going to go for a joke but not sure how well you'd take it so i played it safe Wink

lol
Mines actually dirtier now. :/
Good wash and wax tomorrow. She will be beautiful again. Smile
Thanks given by:
Might wash mine mora aswell! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I was all prepared to get rained on while doing it but apparently it's sunny... If cold here. So best make the most of it. Ya know, so that Sunday I can cover it in crap again... :p
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 08:19 PM)StarBenn Wrote: ax due in January and MOT February... And after (stupidly) working out how much she's cost me so far in the last 2 months. I gotta chill for a bit. lol
Never a good idea to work out how much you've spent on it! lol
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 08:15 PM)Scott Wrote: Never a good idea to work out how much you've spent on it! lol

I was very curious, and underestimated it by about half... Which sucked. A lot! lol
Thanks given by:
Cleaning the car wasn't much fun this morning, the water was freezing on the car... Censored
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 11:21 PM)StarBenn Wrote: Oh yeah and dash etc. after some white LEDs. Smile

Ordered these from ultimatemods.co.uk today which is the same site I got the interior red LEDs from.
Payment made for Heko wind deflectors and awaiting dispatch.
Tax disc holder on way via Scott.

This may or may not be it for now... ninja
Thanks given by:
Team Hekos turned up today and went straight in...

[Image: null-20.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Still waiting for mine, they look good... Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2012, 03:30 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Still waiting for mine, they look good... Big Grin

Definitely and they do their job very well!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 117,111 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  The Astor Platinum Onyx 7057sam 515 149,524 03-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 7057sam