Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi
(05-09-2012, 09:04 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: you can buy it in halfords, it's a scratch remover paste.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/store...yId_255240

Great thanks. That's much better help!! Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012) Rocking the new plates to replace the old, broken, faded, chipped, water marked & badly aligned old ones. Smile
Oh and to add a little more red to the front & back.

[Image: null-4.jpg]

Still in the pipeline are:

- Refurbed white clones.
- Attack wheel arch little bits of rust while I have the wheels off to prevent future rust problems.
- New door speakers (as they're blown).
- New parcel shelf speakers (as... well it'd be rude not to!).
- Finishing the debadging.

More to follow I'm sure. Smile
Thanks given by:
Black cars need black masks mate, they absolutely need to be on your list! It's the law

[Image: IMGP0525.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 08:43 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Black cars need black masks mate, they absolutely need to be on your list! It's the law

Do you paint the inside do you? :/

Yoy have the same car as me? You have the k&n filter? Do you know which one it is as that's on my list but not on my list. lol
Thanks given by:
Here's the video of start up that is bugging me. My mechanic is stumped at present and I'm hoping one of you will recognise the issue within...
It's the noise on idle that concerns me, after raising revs for a bit it seems to disappear...

[Image: 0FACCF87-02AB-4CA9-B0E3-658619894231-498...800BDF.mp4]

Please note, this is first thing in the morning when she has been sat all night, during the day when resting for 1-3 hours this doesn't occur.

(This post is also here: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-6081.html where mass discussion on it is located)
Thanks given by:
So...

(14-09-12) Air filter out bay hoovered and K&N in.

(15-09-12) Tar (I mean oil) drained and new oil filter in and beautiful clean oil put in.

Should find out about my 'spares/repairs' HDi Meridian on Monday... Looking forward to that!!
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012)

Mechanic had her all day and the fuel pump is gone, which had blocked a few injectors. Hence the troubles I've been having.

On the look out for a spares/repairs 306 HDi of any model/shape/year.

I pretty much need fuel tank, high pressure pump, fuel lines and replacement injectors (possibly refurbished or refurbish mine).

At least there's explanation even if not forward movement at the moment. Smile
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell, why do you need so much?!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 07:35 PM)Poodle Wrote: Bloody hell, why do you need so much?!

He's not confident he can flush all the metal bits out. So is suggesting fresh of all. Though had said he will flush if I want.. Just pricing up to see how bad it'd be. Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012)

So not related to engine problems, but...

Got myself some new dials to replace my petrol ones:
[Image: null-7.jpg]

And then give it some paint to match the dash & lion badges:
[Image: null-5.jpg]

Also got some replacement speakers from the same HDi as the dials to replace the blown front ones. Smile
Thanks given by:
Did you decide what to do about your fuelling in the end? I assume you're doing at least a partial replacement since you've already picked up HP pump and injectors..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 04:46 PM)Poodle Wrote: Did you decide what to do about your fuelling in the end? I assume you're doing at least a partial replacement since you've already picked up HP pump and injectors..?

A week Wednesday she's in the garage. The injectors are being swapped, new fuel pump (in diesel tank), the HP pump replaced as well as flushing the tank and fuel system. He may have mentioned new filter too, but I'm not sure.
Update will come when I get her back. Smile
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, probably the best option considering the, erm, problem... Should be like a new engine when that lot's finished with though, are you planning on modding her any further? Would seem a waste not to now... Wink

Edit: Just noticed the red border on your plates, that's a really neat touch.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-10-2012, 05:12 PM)Poodle Wrote: Fair enough, probably the best option considering the, erm, problem...

A hint of sarcasm there? Undecided

(08-10-2012, 05:12 PM)Poodle Wrote: Should be like a new engine when that lot's finished with though, are you planning on modding her any further? Would seem a waste not to now... Wink

Edit: Just noticed the red border on your plates, that's a really neat touch.

I'm hoping she'll run as she should after. Smile
Engine mods wise, not currently, TAX due in Jan, MOT will be up in Feb. More going down the route of getting her good, body work etc. as I can do that myself. The mechanical side of things isn't something I've had any experience of and I find kind of daunting. lol. Need to save some cash for MOT as I'm pretty sure she's gonna need some work.

Yeah a little subtle red addition. Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2012)

Dash goes in:
[Image: null-8.jpg]
Looking good if I so say so myself! Smile

Spoiler and stickers on:
[Image: null-10.jpg]
[Image: null-9.jpg]

Spoiler will need to come off when I get some more paint as it looks a bit tired.
Thanks given by:
Maybe a teensy bit lol, certainly not aimed at you though. Tbh if you can manage to take your dash apart and paint the surrounds etc, i can't see you having too much trouble with the rest; mechanics isn't difficult, it's just a matter of doing your research and thinking through what you're doing. (Having someone more knowledgeable on hand/the other end of the phone tends to help too.)
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 05:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: Maybe a teensy bit lol, certainly not aimed at you though. Tbh if you can manage to take your dash apart and paint the surrounds etc, i can't see you having too much trouble with the rest; mechanics isn't difficult, it's just a matter of doing your research and thinking through what you're doing. (Having someone more knowledgeable on hand/the other end of the phone tends to help too.)

Not the fuel system as I have nowhere suitable to do it, but I've made a decision to try some of the mechanical fixes myself. Based on the fact I had a little thought that I would keep an eye out for a new engine to replace this one when its knackered I reckon I wanna keep this car a very long time.
So I'd be right in thinking if I do it myself I can spend the money I would spend on labour on better quality parts to fit? I'm going to have a go over the next 4 months at working my way through the advisories on the last MOT. We will see how I get on. I don't expect much in the near future due to working a lot and baby is only 4 weeks old so quite attention seeky. lol. But I will keep some updates going here.

I'm after some phone numbers of users to call on for advice in an emergency... Any takers??
Thanks given by:
So I was parked up at the side of the road and clearly someone has had a fail while parking behind me as when I came back to my car I saw this...

[Image: null-12.jpg]

No red car in sight and no note. Bastards. Dodgy

Good thing I'm planning on filling and respraying the bumper though that isn't the point. Guess it'll prevent me putting it of too long...
Thanks given by:
Ah dude, that's annoying Sad Some people just fail miserably!

The stickers look good Wink *

*Now that I finally got them sent to you
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2012, 05:30 PM)Scott Wrote: Ah dude, that's annoying Sad Some people just fail miserably!

The stickers look good Wink *

*Now that I finally got them sent to you

Yep some people, well a lot of people can't park for shit. Sad
In my driving around Dorset all day occupation I see them all too often, just hope it doesn't happen again, or if it must, it happens before I pretty it up!!

Yeah I think so too! I'm sure the waiting made me appreciate them a bit more when they finally did arrive. lol. It's all good. Smile
Thanks given by:
Fingers crossed for you!

The dash looks pretty smart by the way! Looks like a good finish on the paint
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2012, 06:01 PM)Scott Wrote: Fingers crossed for you!

The dash looks pretty smart by the way! Looks like a good finish on the paint

Thanks mate. Smile

I think so too. Did better job of dial surrounds than the center console bit. 2 coats of Pug Diablo and 2 of their lacquer. Oddly I ran out of paint just as I finished... Crisis narrowly averted. Smile
Thanks given by:
Took a nice picture after a heavy shower:

[Image: null-11.jpg]

Gotta ring the garage at 4.30 to see if she will be back together in time for picking up at 5.30 today or wether I have to wait till tomorrow. Sad

EDIT: She won't be ready till tomorrow. Sad

EDIT EDIT: She won't be ready till maybe Saturday more likely Monday. Sad
Thanks given by:
My run around borrowed from the girlfriend for work while mines at the garage:

[Image: null-13.jpg]

Massive 1.2ltr petrol engine... Proper bored today and going anywhere is hard work... lol
Though I've persuaded my mum to let me use her 306 for the weekend!! Smile
Thanks given by:
Just to make your life worse, it's a 1.1, they dont make 1.2's...

:p
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 02:50 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Just to make your life worse, it's a 1.1, they dont make 1.2's...

:p

Haha. I did actually know that. I'm an idiot sometimes.

Tomorrow will be better. Think my mums 306 is a 2ltr. Smile
Thanks given by:
Feeling pretty gay for noticing this, but sod it... You've got some funky plants down the side of your driveway dude, some rare ones in there if my memory serves!

Already?! You, sir, have too much time on your hands! :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
ninja
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 04:25 PM)Poodle Wrote: Feeling pretty gay for noticing this, but sod it... You've got some funky plants down the side of your driveway dude, some rare ones in there if my memory serves!

lol. I dunno what they are. Tbh it's not my drive, it's one of the many many places I work. Smile
Thanks given by:
Lol fair enough. Dammit, knew i'd come to regret that comment, been ninja'd already. Rolleyes
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 117,104 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  The Astor Platinum Onyx 7057sam 515 149,518 03-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 7057sam