Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi
(12-11-2013, 01:50 PM)itone24 Wrote: Looking really good mate, i just picked up my new hdi <<<< in pic <<<< i really like what you have done to yours mate, really tidy motor!

Thanks very much. Smile

(12-11-2013, 02:51 PM)silverzx Wrote: What grit sand paper did you use when sanding those down step by step? Looks good!

I used a metal file on anything pertruding the normal surface (inc. manufacturer stamp near the air pipe) and after filling anything that needed it I used something harsh like 120 or so to get the filler down (as I'm too inpatient) Then 400 wet/dry to smooth it out and remove the sanding marks. The etch is upol's acid 8 etch at 3 coats.

Hope this helps. Fortunately some previous employment has helped me with the wheel refurb. Smile
Thanks given by:
Racked up and ready for the paint:

[Image: null_zps2282d992.jpg]

Ta da!...

[Image: null_zps6d13ee04.jpg]

Now for the close up...

[Image: null_zpsb1e4736f.jpg]

Time to tackle the lion Wednesday and then it's lacquer time!
Thanks given by:
All finished and ready for going on...

[Image: 251A652F-CDE8-45F3-9376-B34DDBA44D21.jpg]

On the car...

[Image: 8D6A0E07-2112-4B3A-8380-5C41DD60F43A.jpg]

I've gotta say, I'm proper chuffed with how this turned out. Glad I didn't try to paint the lion in the end. Smile
Thanks given by:
Car's looking well...! Does need a good polish mind...! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
love an onyx 3 door Smile looks good dude
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2013, 04:36 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Car's looking well...! Does need a good polish mind...! Wink

I couldn't agree more. I was going to do it on Friday after putting the wheels on. But I ran out of time. Shall squeeze some time in soon I hope. Smile

(24-11-2013, 07:38 PM)bobertmate Wrote: love an onyx 3 door Smile looks good dude

Thanks and welcome along!
Thanks given by:
I like white clones. Suits most colours.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
thanks mate!
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 12:46 PM)silverzx Wrote: I like white clones. Suits most colours.

I couldn't agree more!
Thanks given by:
Yeah looks awesome,
Clones suit the 306 so.well
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As I've sorted myself some half leathers I've decided to ditch the red...

[Image: FC93BAD3-06F9-441C-9FFD-36DEE1E91A6E.jpg]

And as my boot badge lion had lost a leg and half his red paint due to catching on my jeans...

[Image: F5DD5079-CB7E-4F86-860E-712FCCBB7769.jpg]

This weekend hopefully seats replaced and gonna tidy up and redden my callipers. Smile
Then I best find some white to do the dash... Although I'm gonna think on it, can't make up my mind on the colour yet.
Thanks given by:
Before:
[Image: D5BDC0BB-35AC-418C-9803-7BF0CA9BBC4A.jpg]

After:
[Image: A956991F-6B1F-427E-A051-7E4BBF4019C3.jpg]

[Image: B7CA242B-AAEA-4A0C-BE7D-7B4D0FE55482.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks great reminds me of a black 6 I had on white clones Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
When I had my 1.6 306 I always wanted a black 6, but I'm far to fond of my mpgs now. lol

Back to plans; having met up with Poodle and seen a 40mm drop 'in the flesh', I've decided to get that as my suspension could do with changing and I wanted a drop anyway, just unsure how far.
And as Poodle demo'd a stage 1 for me, soon after sorting the suspension I'll be after a stage 1 remap too. Big Grin

I ran outta time today to tidy the callipers up as one of the bolts that holds the passenger seat to the chassis had been rounded off... So took me 5 hours to swap the seats. Sad
Thanks given by:
Drivers seat in good condition too?

Looks really well coming together nicely.
Thanks given by:
They look like ph1 half leathers
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2014, 07:40 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Drivers seat in good condition too?

Looks really well coming together nicely.

Thanks. Smile

It's got 1 patch about 2" on the bit to the right but it's a similar colour so not obvious. I may if I'm bored one day pick the stitching out and have a look how bad it is. Then probably regret it and get the misses to stitch it back up. lol
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2014, 07:59 PM)Frosty Wrote: They look like ph1 half leathers

What would the difference be out of curiosity? They all look the same to me.
They're really comfy though, in comparison to my old ones. I know they're early phase as there's no airbag.
Thanks given by:
The bottom bolsters are bigger. Think they are comfier as well tbh. They hold you in better than ph2/3 ones as well
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2014, 08:32 PM)Frosty Wrote: The bottom bolsters are bigger. Think they are comfier as well tbh. They hold you in better than ph2/3 ones as well

The bolsters are proper solid, but they're also soft and comfy and really hold me in place.
My old ones just kinda bent over with my movement and felt more for show than actual support. :p

I'm super happy anyway. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Got these fitted up quickly, fair play dude! Was good to meet you at the weekend, this is a tidy little motor.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 06:46 AM)Poodle Wrote: Got these fitted up quickly, fair play dude! Was good to meet you at the weekend, this is a tidy little motor.

First thing the next morning the back seats were already out. lol

It was good to see you in the flesh! I'm hoping will happen again if you're still down for helping with the mapping at a later date? And may yet be able to make PugRun, we shall see and I'll keep you posted.

I was also gonna say the same. lol. Your car is a f*cking beast though! Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah not a problem, assuming i actually manage to get one of the laptops working by then lol. Rolleyes

Hahaha cheers, just a pity she looks like one too eh!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 06:52 AM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah not a problem, assuming i actually manage to get one of the laptops working by then lol. Rolleyes

Hahaha cheers, just a pity she looks like one too eh!

It's a while off as I want to do the suspension first and sadly my money is in demand elsewhere too. So you have time. Smile
There's nothing wrong with that, you did it intentionally! Smile
Thanks given by:
Today involved taking seats back out and soldering on Cully's resistors to my airbag wires. Which didn't solved the problem so I swapped the airbag ECU for a known okay one and removed the 'side airbag' bulb and hurrah after 2+ years my 'airbag' light is working as it should!

Also whilst the seats were out I got my dad to weld a broken part of the subframe back together (seat was rocking, front right corner lifted when I sat back... Turned out one of the joints was snapped) on the drivers seat and I copper greased the runners on both as they were a little stiff to slide. Smile

Also while fiddling with the airbag ECU I found i do infact have an ashtray light! So replaced that bulb and now won't flick ash on my gear stick gator at night... Hehe

Helped my dad take the sensor out my mums car that tells the gearbox when to change gear (dunno what it's called) only to find the new one he had was different so that went back in and is a job for another day.

All in all. Spent 6 hours outside in the sunshine pissing about with cars an actually bettering things. Perfect Saturday for me!

Hoping you all had a good Saturday. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 116,132 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  The Astor Platinum Onyx 7057sam 515 148,916 03-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 7057sam