Gti6 bottom rad pipe seal.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 bottom rad pipe seal.
To cut a long story short after replacing the engine in the 6 and the round seal for the bottom hose that goes in to the radiator was f*cked. So ive orderd some from pug and got my mom to pick them up today. I used my vin on service box to get the part number.

Have got the parts today and its just a oring that pug have gave me now the one that came off the car looks like a thick o ring with a groove around the out side.
So my question is will the orings pug have gave me be ok? I dont want to fit them if its going to start pissing out water again

Thanks in advance lee Smile

Thanks given by:
Yep common issue that they break down and as soon as you remove the hose, it never seals again. Clean the metal end up with sand paper and fit the new o ring.
Just be careful because Peugeot do two different ones. Iirc both have the same ID but have two different ODs that are something stupid like 0.5mm different.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ok mate thanks i used my vin on service box but the oring fitted to the car is compleately diferent style to the one they have supplied. As in its not as wide. Do you know if pug changed them to a standard oring?

Thanks given by:
No don't think so. I assume they have given you one that is square on a cross section with a groove cut out of it? That's what I had and it was fine. Never leaked a bit.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Thats what i have got fitted at the mo but they have gave me normal o rings Sad do you have a part number for the one you got mate?

Thanks given by:
Choice 1
ID 31mm, thickness 3.6mm, until RPO 7972 P/N 133994

Choice 2
ID 31mm, thickness 3.5mm, from RPO 7972, P/N 1343Z4

Both about 70p ish
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Will check the part number 2moz it was defo one of them 2 tho. But they have gave me normal o rings with no grooves exc. Could be a fail Sad

I had to but 5 and they came to £6.06

Thanks given by:
You got bum raped then! Is yours a push fit into the radiator or does the hose clip over the radiator?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Push fit Into the rad. with the metal clip to hold it in to the rad. Similar to the top hose that goes in to the thermostat.

Thanks given by:
Yep wrong seal then by the sounds of things. You want the square one with the ridge in it. It's a pita to fit to the hose if the lip is distorted in the slightest!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Dam bloody parts department i gave them the part number i got off service box useing my vin number they must of f*cked it up. Sad

Are them part numbers you gave me for the seal i will need if so i will re order them one of them will fit Smile

Cheers for the help mate much apreciated you have been repped Wink

Thanks given by:
ID 31mm, thickness 3.6mm, until RPO 7972 P/N 133994

This is the part i orderd should it be a normal o ring?

Thanks given by:
Well i have fitted the part above and it is compleately different to what was fitted to the car but it does fit and seals fine Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbod GTI6 on Ebay without bottom end mods MY95 14 4,305 02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  scorpion gti6 straight pipe on the 1.8 xs ?? jjenn20 6 1,171 25-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Gti6 bottom pulley head scratcher Marcdimma 4 1,775 15-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: welshpug