dump valve on hdi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dump valve on hdi?
ok so i have been looking into this and cant find anything so i oined this site to try and shed some light...

i know before you start saying its pointless, makes no effect on the diesel, will make it slower.

i am not to bothered about speed in all honestly not until my remap and front mount anyway haha

all i wanna know is can i fit a dump valve without a front mount? if so where? as there are no intercooler pipes, can anyone point me in the right direction off a guide?

i have the dump valve still in need off a fitting kit, so if anyone has one for sle or know where there sold that would be good to Smile

charlie
Thanks given by:
Can. Worms. Opened.

Seriously though, don't bother, it'll just make your car sound like it's chronically asthmatic. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
but if it does sound as bad as people say its easliy removed so just gonna try it but dont know how
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, at this point I will stand back and allow someone who knows hdis to come along and point you in the right direction. Welcome to the forum BTW. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok mate, hopefully someone can not so familiar with the diesels

And cheers
Thanks given by:
You'd have to get a pipe welded to your inlet elbow to allow you to attach the DV, seriously for what it'll cost there is no point, if you're planning on FMIC'ing then just wait till you do, it'll make life alot easier from there
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is what I thought, so I will put a front mount on first that's all I needed to know Smile cheers mate
Thanks given by:
Spending a few hundred quid on a front mount just so you can make your car slower with a dumpy noise doesn't make much sense to me... but fair enough if it's what you want like
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 07:42 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: You'd have to get a pipe welded to your inlet elbow to allow you to attach the DV, seriously for what it'll cost there is no point, if you're planning on FMIC'ing then just wait till you do, it'll make life alot easier from there

theres already an outlet on the inlet manafild you could use!
most people blank off there EGR valves so why cant you use this port on the inlet elbow to attach the DV

??????
Thanks given by:
Well it's getting mapped ASAP anyway, so the front mount was happening regardless off a dump valve or not, so it makes no difference at all..
Thanks given by:
http://www.tdocuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=9195
Thanks given by:
I guess you could do that cully, it'd still have to be custom made though unless there's some form of egr port to dv attachment
Thanks given by:
Yes you can do it - Microswitch on the throttle cable activating a solenoid valve which tees into the vacuum supply, opening the valve when the throttle goes back to idle.

Easier to have FMIC pipework to put a silicon tee in.

Yes they sound shit on most cars - especially diesels.

No it doesn't make it faster.

Yes it does turn you homosexual.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
We just gotta lay back and except the truth I'm a homer sexual :O
Thanks given by:
Take all your air filter piping off. Cheaper and better all round. Will sound better then a DV too.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
A homer sexual?

[Image: homer-simpson.gif]
Thanks given by:
You knew what I ment lmao!
Thanks given by:
As silverzx said, just run defilter it sounds nicer
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2012, 12:51 PM)charlie7543 Wrote: You knew what I ment lmao!

I did.. it wouldn't have been half as fun though Tongue
Thanks given by:
mate had one on his if your interested, non ic hdi that was
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dump valve set up Ben hdi306 30 11,501 06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  purpose of a dump valve aaron_one 14 4,720 28-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Ed Doe