VERY annoying creek...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VERY annoying creek...
So, after installing my coilovers, i've had nothing bud issues with the drivers side.
first, bearings on strut were nackered, changed them...
now ive got a VERY annoying creek when going up and down bumps which give an instant shock - its not ALL the time but over backroads (bumpy) its horrendous... any ideas? im going to have a look tomorow see if i can see anything. any suggestions?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Its a peugeot? Haha but only thing i can think of is that the spring isnt seated right? Im sure someone will be along to correct me?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mate you should have said at the crimbo meet and you could have took me for a spin, much more easier to diagnose something in person rather than over the internets
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Mate you should have said at the crimbo meet and you could have took me for a spin, much easier to diagnose something in person rather than over the internets

it was never this badm hoped it would go away Tongue

and yeh phil, could well be my springs... but how can they not be seated right. theres not really a way in which they could be wrong.?
Thanks given by:
Wont be the springs, if theyre anything like my coilovers then the springs will be flat and wont need to be seated like normal springs/dampers do
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Wont be the springs, if theyre anything like my coilovers then the springs will be flat and wont need to be seated like normal springs/dampers do

this is it... the springs themselves can't be placed wrong - they sit flat either end... im going to see Krisb soon, i'll see what he reckons if i cant see anythign visible today at least
Thanks given by:
Did you put the washer back on the strut, before putting the top mount back on?
Thanks given by:
yep - i bought a new top mount when i changed them over..

the only part that differs is the top cup on the strut - i askd pug dealer that there wasnt one included, he said that the designs change over time and it was no longer needed... but ofcourse, everything else was
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really annoying brake ,squeak titch 24 5,143 12-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Last Post: thebluepearl
  Annoying bounce padge 10 2,597 16-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Last Post: padge
  annoying knocking noise coming from engine bay declantg 15 4,570 28-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: declantg