Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
idle and constant speed problem getting worse
well, on my way out to the motor factors, every time i came to a stop it was shuddering like crazy you could feel it quite violently through the car.

got to the motor factors, picked up the fpr and fitted it straight away. the vacuum hose stank of fuel, quite strongly which i think shouldnt happen.....

the bottom of the fpr was spinning freely. might crack it open later just to have a looksie whats inside it.

drove home, came to a stop a few times and it didnt do it again, just the occasional bobble which im told is normal for these engines. is this correct?

got home, whipped the vacuum hose off and it didnt even slightly smell of fuel. so not only was the old one wrong, it was busted (i think)

currently got the battery terminals off to do an ecu reset. my thinking is that if the ecu is still trying to lean down the mixture, it still might not be running right so it cant do any harm to reset it Big Grin

fingers crossed
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SOLVED : idle and constant speed problem getting worse - by Popeye_6 - 21-08-2012, 10:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation High idle problem! PugRory 5 1,474 30-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Niall
  SOLVED:Idle Problem Eeyore 77 13,632 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Toms306