Another turbo f*cked...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another turbo f*cked...
So yeah, popped another blower tonight...

Ford KA tried murking me off round the outside of a roundabout, cutting me up in the process... I wasn't happy, so overtook, covered him in engine oil and bits of turbine wheel...

I think he got the message... So yeah, suppose it's back to the GTi6 for a bit then, ffs!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Oops.....time for an even bigger one I guess lol. Big Grin

Also....gotta wonder if there's a lad on a ka forum bragging about overtaking a dturbo now though.....even if he was covered in oil and turbo afterwards.....
Thanks given by:
Was worth it then lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Whoops! Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Man points gained.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
What is it with the seating position in ph3s, maybe I'm just used to my buckets and harnesses... But the seating position in them is just total jank...

I swear the ph2s are much better... Feel like my head is literally in the roof on the lowest seat setting.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2012, 11:17 PM)Ruan Wrote: So yeah, suppose it's back to the GTi6 for a bit then, ffs!

Wouldn't it be easier / more fun to take a public bus.....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 08:05 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(17-07-2012, 11:17 PM)Ruan Wrote: So yeah, suppose it's back to the GTi6 for a bit then, ffs!

Atleast you don't have to sit next to smelly tramps in a '6....... Confused
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 08:05 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:

In all seriousness, it probably would, but busses don't go out to where my work is...

It'd also be faster, probably contain more boost and invariably be cheaper...
Thanks given by:
Oh no! Bigger turbo it is then!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Well, engine will come out now, I've been wanting to build up my new engine for a while, this is just the kick in the arse to git'r'done...

No point in buying another Turbo, when I know I'm going to go bigger next time.... I've popped 3 of the bastards now, they're just too small for what I'm trying to do...
Thanks given by:
What's the plan then?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
New engine time tbh...

Gona pull the engine and see what's what... In a way I'm glad it's gone before I bust a rod, it'll be interesting tearing this shitter down to see what's been going on, see what's broken etc...

But yeah, new engine, bigger turbo, modified manifolds, maybe some pikey porting to various orifices... See what happens really.
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, if you could get the head to flow better and fit some stronger rods that's the 2 main weaknesses sorted. Will HDI rods fit an XUD?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yes, but I now know 3 people who've smashed HDi rods...

Frankly I dunno whether I should bother, I may as well save for a set of forgies... But my mind says if you're getting forged rods, then doing it without forged pistons is silly... If you rip the skirt off a piston spinning it too fast, it's going to wipe out the conrod also...

I know no one has done it yet, but it could quite easily happen with the weight of the standard pistons...

And I've just done 94 miles to £20 of fuel... Ahh now I remember why I don't like the GTi6...
Thanks given by:
Meh I was turning 6krpm often, without issues with the pistons, alot of the conrod failures final moments seem to occur because of piston failure, but im pretty sure its simply the bend in the rod overloading one side of the piston resulting in them snapping, as wenever ive seen this happen all 3 other rods are bent also...Always seems to be the rods at fault anyway, altho I agree would be nice to force them up also, but you would be looking at around 1300-1400 for full set of rods and pistons from when I looked into it...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
94 miles to £20 is pretty good for a 6 - well it's better than mine though I do a lot of short journeys which totally kill it.

Shame about the turbo though but should be a good read for the new build!!
Thanks given by:
Sooo Mincing yeah?

12mpg out of a 2.0 16v or GTFO TBH LOL WTF.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but there's a difference... Your car is shit xxx
Thanks given by:
Because Racecar.
Thanks given by:
Gutted about the turbo mate but at least it went at a good time (in front of the KA)!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I'd rather it'd have been some more expensive machinery, but that was my only option at the time!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Careers advice? Really have f*cked it now rtha6551 13 2,190 19-10-2016, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Dave
  I've f*cked up. laurence_13 29 3,882 27-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Last Post: laurence_13