Why can't I leave?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't I leave?
(17-07-2012, 08:56 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Why are any of us still here? The awesome people on oc of course. Smile

This. We're all so amazing you keep hanging around in the vain hope it'll rub off. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
na XUD is the way forward Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Asked the same question on Pistonheads and had the same response, virtually everyone thinks selling the Ford is the way forward lol

Now I just need to convince my dad. Well I don't really, but I'd rather have his approval.

Now, what frequently goes wrong on an HDi?!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Mainly sensors I guess, MAF being a top contender. The only time mines ever really died was with a blocked fuel filter and blocked fpr, replacement filter and blast of carb cleaner and it was back to its old self. That said, with pp2000 you can test some of the fuel sensors/solenoids to see if they're working (?)
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't say anything 'frequently' goes wrong (maybe pbushes? if they've been replaced with cheapo ones) only other fault which i'd say is common would be injector tapping but that's more of an annoyance rather than something which HAS to be replaced..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was beginning to wonder why you on this forum. Didn't know if you ever owned a 306. Back when I had my 1.4 a year and half ago you had a celica Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2012, 01:54 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I was beginning to wonder why you on this forum. Didn't know if you ever owned a 306. Back when I had my 1.4 a year and half ago you had a celica Smile

Yea matey, had 3 in total.

'99 306 XS 1.8
'00 GTi6
'01 1.8 S Cabriolet

Then had a Eunos Roadster followed by a Toyota Celica and now the Focus.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Lift pumps were a big HDi problem........but I think most of these have been replaced by now anyway tbh, havent heard of any failing for a while now. Not sure of anything else that fails regularly.....but I can be sure to find out when I buy one. Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
CAR you have the 306 bug! once bitten thats it!!
Thanks given by:
HDi issues:

Crank pulleys fail
MAF Sensors die
Clutches are a bit crap
Lift pumps fail
FRPS needs cleaning every so often
FPR too...

That's about it in honesty, but once they're done with *genuine* parts, they'll last another 100k.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
These sensors...
They easy to diagnose? I understand the car should have an OBD port on it if it's an HDi?
Thanks given by:
MAF's easy'ish to diagnose.. if you unplug it and there isn't any change or it drives better without it then it's more than likely f*cked! You can get an OBD2 reader off the bay for £15 quid and that'll give you most sensor read outs, i got a bluetooth one and just use my phone and the torque pro app for the display
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, most are easy, it's just if they're only JUST out of range, that's why MAFs don't bring up EMLs, because usually they're in range as far as the ECU is concerned, but they just read bollocks instead.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Took me 20 mins to change over both sensors in the rain, not a hard job and not too fiddly if you remove the fuel filter mount
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Advert for the Focus is up people - Link

Fingers crossed. There's a couple of 3-door HDi's for sale at the moment, I'm interested in both. One is half the price the other is expecting to get though, so I don't know who is being more 'reasonable' if that makes sense.

One is free from dents and has cyclones and 101,000 miles, the bloke is expecting to get about £1500 for it, the other is Demon Driver Dans car which hasn't got cyclones, has 127k and a bit of damage on the side of the shell, he wants £800.

The first car is less than 3 miles away so I'm going to look at it this weekend hopefully.
Thanks given by:
now thats what i like to hear... good man!

how did the old man take it?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
DemonDans car should be good with the amount he spent on it!! Got loads of new stuff inc a new ECU iirc. It had its problems but he seems to be getting rid of it now its all fixed lol.
Thanks given by:
This is the exact same thing I'm trying to do with the Skoda, sell it, pay off debts, buy a 306 Smile

Problem is, no-one wants a Skoda that costs more than most BMWs to insure, does 25mpg, looks like a minicab and has broken clocks...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Old man wasn't that impressed with my master plan to be honest. He thinks I should learn to live within my means first, but this is all part of that - once I have enough money saved I will buy a newer car again (320d, anyone?!)

At the end of the day we have expensive times ahead with the baby and I will be the one earning the money to provide for her, and my mrs, all at once. All my luxuries will come to a stop, so the least I deserve is the right to drive a car I will enjoy, even if it is a little less reliable...
Thanks given by:
Who cares what your dad thinks? Dads know f*ck all, mine calls me a puff for working in a call centre but I earn 5 grand a year more for 10 hours a week less work!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 09:33 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Old man wasn't that impressed with my master plan to be honest. He thinks I should learn to live within my means first, but this is all part of that - once I have enough money saved I will buy a newer car again (320d, anyone?!)

At the end of the day we have expensive times ahead with the baby and I will be the one earning the money to provide for her, and my mrs, all at once. All my luxuries will come to a stop, so the least I deserve is the right to drive a car I will enjoy, even if it is a little less reliable...

Living within your means, doesnt that mean that its a good idea to sell your car for a cheaper one that will cost less to keep on t'road?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Exactly Connor, selling up and getting a 306 IS liviing within his means.

Talk about a contradiction...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get ddd's then, 1500 is waaaay over the market value
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I can sort of see his reasoning.

With a baby on the way I need something which is 100% reliable and easy to fix. The way I see it, a HDi is absent of a DMF and is far simpler, plus cheaper to insure. The Ford is great, but parts aren't as cheap as people make out! A servicing kit (filters, no oil) is £64 odd, plus VAT. Genuine filters obviously, but that still seemed steep!
Thanks given by:
Also with the £800 you save getting DDDs car you can FMIC, Clutch and stage 2 map Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I can sortof see his reasoning if he's not the sort to get stuff done on the cheap by doing things himself...

For my tuppence-orth, I think looking for an hdi is the best idea. You can get plenty of money back off the focus, the hdi will be near as dammit as economical, and if well looked after as reliable too, but cheaper to service, and easier to work on yourself.

and you'll fit in here once again, instead of being 'that grump with a Ford' lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 11:16 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: and you'll fit in here once again, instead of being 'that grump with a Ford' lol

"So check it out, it's like this: If I lose, winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash, *and* I take the respect!"

lolz
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 12:10 PM)c.a.r. Wrote:
(18-07-2012, 11:16 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: and you'll fit in here once again, instead of being 'that grump with a Ford' lol

"So check it out, it's like this: If I lose, winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash, *and* I take the respect!"

lolz

lmao

Yeah your hdi will be a 10 second car, it will need a bout 30gees, a few weeks, and maybe overnight parts from Japan....

F&F, too many quotes lmao
Thanks given by:
Reckon you could do an 8th of a mile in 10 seconds. Provided it was in a hill.
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 12:19 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Reckon you could do an 8th of a mile in 10 seconds. Provided it was in a hill.

or 1/8th of mile vertically. as in dropped. from a great height. 1/8 of a mile in height precisely...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i'll just leave this here for a while - - Magenta Sunset 20 3,948 24-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Uhh il just leave this here... Sian 18 4,117 08-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  two weeks gardening leave before I start my new job, what to UPDATED swampy 13 3,925 25-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Last Post: ash240970