V6 Brembo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V6 Brembo
hi guys i got a set of brembo off a v6 406 coupe does anyone know if they will fit be a straight fit or do i have to get brackets made up ?
[Image: jhhjjhjhjh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You need an adapter plate, will they fit behind your BBS? What size are the wheels?

Also prepare for squealing lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ohhhhh thats the thing i need to find out this weekend :| my wheels are 15" im already use to the sound of rattling and what not so what can be worse lol and i will have my gti rear beam on to so its going to be some madd brakes Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Im sure you need to run 16" or you may have to space ur wheels out alot Smile

406 coupe defo had 16" wheels standard i know that for sure Smile
Thanks given by:
cheers for the info Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I have a set of these also they will bolt straight onto the hubs you just need 288 disks and to avoid squeeling make some new shims which are held in by the torx screws and get a new pin set and jobs a gooden, i had these behind a 17" rim but have got cyclones now and need to do a trial fit on hubs that brembos are on if not space the fucker out Smile)

Also get a GTi6 mastercylinder for better performance, they do work on the dturbo but tend to back off a bit after some good thrashing on standard cylinder
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just too clarify you need to use tarox discs (g88 from memory?) To stop squealing. The cheap direct fit discs are xantia v6 discs. You also need extended brake lines.

They will not fit behind 15"s unless you space em out massively.

are you doing it for 'show' or 'go'? Cause genuinely the brembo calipers way a load less than 6 ones but the discs way a tonne! The overall weight is more than a 6 setup, and if you get the right pad in 6 calipers you'll outbrake brembos any day...

The only way to reduce the unsprung weight with brembos is to get floating 302mm discs. A chap called ash sells a kit on the 6 forum, but be prepared for a heart-attack when you see the price! Or maybe speak to rippthrough? Either way though, 302mm discs won't fit under 15s!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 07:49 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Just too clarify you need to use tarox discs (g88 from memory?) To stop squealing. The cheap direct fit discs are xantia v6 discs. You also need extended brake lines.

They will not fit behind 15"s unless you space em out massively.

are you doing it for 'show' or 'go'? Cause genuinely the brembo calipers way a load less than 6 ones but the discs way a tonne! The overall weight is more than a 6 setup, and if you get the right pad in 6 calipers you'll outbrake brembos any day...

The only way to reduce the unsprung weight with brembos is to get floating 302mm discs. A chap called ash sells a kit on the 6 forum, but be prepared for a heart-attack when you see the price! Or maybe speak to rippthrough? Either way though, 302mm discs won't fit under 15s!

Will look into these disks then as ive always used the xantia, what spacers would you recommend Ed?

will have them off the blaze next week so can have a trial fit just had 26mm hubcentric spacers on a et15 ford fit 17" and an additional 3mm spacer to fit the brembos on and had a gap of about half a rizla packet left :S was very tight lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I dunno what spacers you need as I wasn't planning on going this route.

I believe 307 discs also fit but I think they may have a sightly different offset.

Researching on the 6 forum, I believe the grooves on the g88 discs alter the resonant frequency of the discs and stop the squeal... They're like £200+ a pair though which just aint worth it!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
hmmm well today we tried the caliper to see if it lines up with the standard holes and it does but they seem to stick out way to much so i would have to change my wheels and stuff so i might just stick to the gti setup
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question rs turbo brembo's? shaverspeedengineering 3 1,304 27-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Brembo Rebuild CJ_Derv 14 4,319 06-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  3.0 V6 Brembo's 4WayDiablo 35 8,639 13-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Jonny b