Brembo Rebuild

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brembo Rebuild
Hi guys n girls,

Just wondering if anyone has rebuilt their brakes before ive just purchased a full rebuild kit for my 406 V6 Brembos, had these on the blaze and queeled a little bit but braking was epic,

I have took pads out to find most of the rubber boots are f*cked so need replacing,

This is whats included in the kit
[Image: KGrHqFiEE8R4ZjKoBQHih-i-ew60_58.jpg]

Basically wondering if anyone has any tips or guides for caliper rebuild ive got a few online but just gathering more info

Hopefully will be putting a guid up soon when i get round to rebuilding them
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's fairly easy. My friend did a full overhaul on a set of 406 Brembos a little while ago, it's not difficult at all. Only the small rings, the piston seals are the tricky ones. I'll see if I can PDF it.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Sweet mate that would be ace Smile

i know its easy to pop them out but not sure about putting back together this kit enables me to split the caliper so i can take all paint off too and have them like brand new Smile
Thanks given by:
The only pain onthe arse is getting the piston seal in the caliper then the boot around the piston and into the recess that it sits in, nearly threw mine out of the window ha ha

Done one in 15 mins the f*cking other one around 3 hours to get it sat right lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This was my fear Jonny haha especially when there are 4 pistons per caliper haha
Thanks given by:
Just be patient lol it's actually not that bad just frustrating, make sure you lube it all up with fresh fluid, don't forget red rubber grease for the sliders

I havnt got much patience at the best of times, so I won't be doing another set lol
Thanks given by:
I dont get frustrated too easily so shud be ok Smile and sliders? or do you mean red grease on pistons? as brembos dont have sliders

Cheers bud
Thanks given by:
No I did mean sliders forgot brembo's don't have em, use fresh brake fluid to lube the pistons up
Thanks given by:
Wicked nice one pal!! repped for tht Smile
Thanks given by:
about the squeeling, what discs are you using?
torrox discs virtually eliminate brembo squeel, something about the grooves in the disc counter act the resonance that causes the squeel. or something like that lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
They only squeel because no one replaces the shims, the shims keep the pad in place which stops it

Will find out soon anyway only puttin old brembo disks n fresh pads in
Thanks given by:
Prepare to be wrong lol

When you're wrong, throw them in the bin and be done with them. Just remember to tell me which bin you throw them in ninja
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The only reason they used to was the shim was missing on one side and kept poppin a pin out slightly so pad had movement , we will see and even if the do squeel im not arsed cos the stop mint!
Thanks given by:
Hear that Ed? f*ck Compbrake, these "stop mint"

Review brought to you by CJ Braking Ltd
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Didnt say f*ck compbrake ha but these are good lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question rs turbo brembo's? shaverspeedengineering 3 1,302 27-03-2014, 06:59 PM