Homebrew

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homebrew
Just bottled mine too, Pics later. Added a half teaspoon of sugar to 5 of the 6 bottles as Ive lived in London for over 20 years and now wont drink anything thats not sparkling.
Thanks given by:
my first batch of cider bottled

Thanks given by:
just a note on the double brewed orange i said was wrank after another few days of settling

OMFG!!! it tastes of nothing but with a spirits throat burn!!
i best stop drinking the test jars as i got to drive to work in a bit
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2012, 09:58 AM)cully Wrote: just a note on the double brewed orange i said was wrank after another few days of settling

OMFG!!! it tastes of nothing but with a spirits throat burn!!
i best stop drinking the test jars as i got to drive to work in a bit

how did you get yours so clear?
mine was started 2 weeks ago, just filtered it down through a 1 micron filter and its still really cloudly and looks like orange juice lol
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 03:53 PM)Diggers Wrote: how did you get yours so clear?
mine was started 2 weeks ago, just filtered it down through a 1 micron filter and its still really cloudly and looks like orange juice lol
with ref to the double orange
after it had stopped fementing i syponed off into clean demijohn though a paper filter folded into the funnel also added some finnings wine clear then stood for a further 4 days then syphoned off again through a paper filter in the funnel

to be honest i think i should of left it longer at the second settling as has got sediment setaling still

but im not worryed to much cause im looking at building a still to purify it further
whistle
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 04:12 PM)cully Wrote:
(16-08-2012, 03:53 PM)Diggers Wrote: how did you get yours so clear?
with ref to the double orange
after it had stopped fementing i syponed off into clean demijohn though a paper filter folded into the funnel also added some finnings wine clear then stood for a further 4 days then syphoned off again through a paper filter in the funnel

to be honest i think i should of left it longer at the second settling as has got sediment setaling still

but im not worryed to much cause im looking at building a still to purify it further
whistle

oh yeah should have put, its my cider, not the alcopop.
ill look for some wine clear

SOLD

Thanks given by:
had to buy some pet 2ltr bottles from tescos 17p each with still spring water was roude to chuck it down the sink so started a vimto batch!
my polish brew is still fermenting after 2 weeks but i have another two batchs of apple juice finished fementing which needs clearing

i might cut down on the sugar and the apple juice on the next lot to reduce the dryness and reduce the alcohol vol as it tastes nice but im getting pissed to quick to enjoy, with it being 12%
Thanks given by:
holly feck
finished work early so thought id have a bottle of me cider
1 bottle and im pissed...numb lips...squiffy eyes....its bloddy strong stuff but soo so drinkable!

recipy
4ltrs tesco apple juice
500g sugar
12g wine yeast
topped up to full demijohn with water

5 days fementing or till finished bubbling,
syhon and filter to second demijon add wine finnings and allow to settle for 5days,
syphon to bottles once clear,
add level teaspoon of sugar to 500ml bottle,
wait 5 days,
drink get pissed
Thanks given by:
Put the first batch on tonight will see how it turns out
not got anything to check the strength with so that can wait until next time

[Image: 2012-08-16224747.jpg]
[Image: 2012-08-16230413.jpg]
[Image: 2012-08-16231149.jpg]
[Image: 2012-08-16231152.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 07:14 PM)cully Wrote: holly feck
finished work early so thought id have a bottle of me cider
1 bottle and im pissed...numb lips...squiffy eyes....its bloddy strong stuff but soo so drinkable!

Please make some for me lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just tried a bottle of my lager now it's been a week. It lost it's head very quickly (only been bottled a week), but it was a beautiful amber colour, smelt great and tasted really clean and hoppy, missing a bitter edge though. It's drinkable now but I reckon in a few weeks it'll be really good Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
cool well done liam
sitting here drinking another cider with a smile on my face and a warm glow in my cheaks Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I don't know whether to try my cider yet, I bottled it with a few carbonation drops last Sunday and it looks pretty fizzy, plus it's nice and clear now, I just don't want to open it too soon because it's in 2 litre lemonade bottles...

Did yours have a really ripe smell to it when it was fermenting?
Thanks given by:
didnt sniff it when it was fermenting
its been bottled in 500ml bottles for a week has no bubbles but its lovely i can live without the fizzy shit
Thanks given by:
Hmm, might go have a taste...
Thanks given by:
Got a demi john of student brew made with bread yeast ready to drink tonight. will inform you of the results tomorrow ;D
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Just bought another lager kit, Tom Caxton Lager, along with a kilo of brewing sugar from Wilkos for £13, gonna get that brerwing on Monday. I'll take some pictures and put together a little guide for anyone that wants to try a beer kit Smile
Thanks given by:
Freecycle FTW! just picked up 7 more demijohns and some empty bottles!

will 6 as i broke one think it was cracked
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2012-08-19174409.jpg]

How the cider looks after the weekend, bubbling away nicely
Thanks given by:
well Ive drunk my first batch of cider ended up getting the neighbours pissed too
one thing i would say it is too strong!
alright for piss heads and the town drunks but its too much for me!

the bad thing about being strong is you cant drink too many as you fall over!
i knew i had enough at 2 bottles so i had a 3rd bad choice I'm rough today with alcohol poisoning

so summ it up
4ltrs apple juice
500g sugar i think this will be changed for far less
Thanks given by:
Don't bother with sugar cully, mines 6% with no sugar at all besides what's in the juice...
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2012, 02:07 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Don't bother with sugar cully, mines 6% with no sugar at all besides what's in the juice...

When I made cider from actual apples last year I didn't add any sugar and that's fairly alcoholic!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Just got some more apple juice some more brown sugar and ground nutmeg and cinnamon. gonna make "holiday hard cider"

SOLD

Thanks given by:
my polish brew looks really clear now measures at 8%vol
ready for bottling

i have two ciders ready to bottle both at 12%vol
my vimto is still clearing that has measured at 17%vol

have also 1 cider on the go with no sugar added hydrometer est 6%vol

anyone for a party?
Thanks given by:
My beer is still carbonating, tried another bottle last night and it tasted great but lost its head pretty quick. Got another kit from Wilkinsons as well, Muntons Golden Lager, gonna get that on as soon as my Pilsner is ready. F*ck me, I need more bottles!
Thanks given by:
How long have you left your Polish brew for Cully? And Vimto...?
Thanks given by:
start date on the polish brew is 6th aug
start date on the vimto brew is 15th aug
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I started mine on the 11th, guess that means I should give it a bit longer Sad Getting exited to try all four of mine, all started at the same time.
Thanks given by:
ha i cant drink mine till monday as im on call so its all been sitting there an extra week with me drooling over it
Thanks given by:
lol gotta give mine another week but dying to try it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homebrew Tyronnster 8 2,589 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Last Post: cully
  project Homebrew Still cully 31 6,854 20-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Last Post: puglove