306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off
Chris, mine is fully straight through so you can always have a listen at mine if you want to know what it'd sound like
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 10:08 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Chris, mine is fully straight through so you can always have a listen at mine if you want to know what it'd sound like

dosent your have a back box?? how loud is it?? dont want mine to be over the top but i still want it to be heard

Thanks given by:
It's stealth mate, welded pipe through the middle of the back and mid box! Wink
Thanks given by:
Oh nice! Yer wana hear it then lol is it loud then? Not to fussed if ita loud when flooring it just dont want it to be loud on tick over or when at low revs, being a delivery driver dont want custmors moaning ;-)

Thanks given by:
It's not loud mate, I wouldn't say so anyway!
Diesels don't tend to be that loud, just rumbles on tickover.
A petrol with a universal back box is twice as loud!
Thanks given by:
Nice will see how i get on, might just have it straight though, Sold some stuff last night and just paid for the limited toque map so will see how the clutch gets on with that might still end up replacing it but will have to see, Carnt wait to have some more power :-)

Thanks given by:
i was going for a stage 2, started collecting some bits then my clutch started slipping. (stage 1)
thats why im concentrating on cosmetics until i put a new one in next year!

dont know anyone who wants some clones near us do you?
Thanks given by:
My clutch was just starting to slip on standard power but then it bedded its self back in agin hopeing if it dose slip it beds its self in agin if not will be geting a vealo clutch put in, and I dont how much you want? I can ask around

Thanks given by:
mine has only done it a few times now but dont want to kill it completely!

erm, enough to get some tyres for my new wheels! lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will ask around you tried putting them on 106oc? Might be some off there intrested

Thanks given by:
Not on there mate, never had a 106!
Do they charge for selling?
Thanks given by:
No and few ppl have them on 106's just an idea

Thanks given by:
Sound mate, I'll sign up now!
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Been a while since i updated car has been broken for a few week its had loads of new parts

Primeing pump
high pressure pump
thermostat
water flush
water pump
Cost me a fortune also had decat fitted today seem to be a bit louder not really booted it yet tho so not sure if theres any difference in power. while it had decat fitted notice i have a nice whole in my floor :-( so thats next on my list. The car is currently running a safe stage one map probly about 120bhp gose really well tbh but the power is going to be upped agin till we find the right balance in power with out killing clutch mr wippy (dave) is top man doing all the mapping for me highly recommended!!

couple of pics
new and old cat
[Image: 306new70.jpg]

nice rust hole Sad
[Image: 306new69.jpg]

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
That rust looks pretty bad dude... I had some in the same spot on Irene, not ad bad looking as that, but got worse when I peeled the underseal back.
hope that's not terminal....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2012, 04:52 PM)samass Wrote: That rust looks pretty bad dude... I had some in the same spot on Irene, not ad bad looking as that, but got worse when I peeled the underseal back.
hope that's not terminal....

Ive been under it today cut out the bad bits the cassie bit is fine (probly just caught it before it got bad) ive covered all the surrounding area in stop rust stuff that hammerite do, will give it a few more coats tomorrow then get a small square weld in were ive cut it out then re under seal it, i peeled under seal around and it wasnt to bad, i carnt see it lasting for ever i think maybe a couple of years but after that i think the rust will have well and truly set in, first time ive had problems with rust on a 306 normally all fine. Hers what i cut out/peeled off lol

[Image: 306new71.jpg]

Thanks given by:
some nasty looking rust there chris. get a nice plate welded over and loads of underseal
Thanks given by:
Rust has been cut out now will be getting a plate welded in the bit ive cut out later in week

Thanks given by:
ahh cool ive seen/welded a few 306's rust there must be a common problem like rear inner arches :S
Thanks given by:
Other side is ok looked like some onw had jacked it up in wrong place and cracked under seal and water got in, never mind will be sorted soon, hopeing to get remap up'ed soon done 500mile on the new pump and safe remap not had a single problem :-) also noticed after de-cat my boost gauge is now reading 16-17psi were as before it was on 14ish so defo helping it spin up more :-)

Thanks given by:
Ah that doesn't look too bad to.be fair, got a shot of the hole?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Will get one tomorrow its about 6 inch by 4 inch roughly.

Thanks given by:
Heres a pic (not a great one but you can see the hole) can see my shiny de-cat tho lol
[Image: 306new72.jpg]

It had one coat of stop rust, im giveing it a couple more coats today then hopefuly get a bit welded in soon then re under seal it

Thanks given by:
That's not too bad
Glad you decided to keep... know how frustrating HDI can be!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Lol tell me about it, ive spent so much on it im best off just keeping it now still gona look for a dturbo next year I think, should be remaping this agin tomorrow with a 140bhp 240lbs remap and see how the car and clutch copes with it see if I go up or down in power from there

Thanks given by:
If you can hold back on the torque you should be good for 150bhp. 240lbs/ft should be fine for a standard brand of clutch. Ultimately its the torque low down that's hurt my clutch. A sudden spike of 20 psi at 2200rpm is a big stress for OEM clutch.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
will see how i get on with it, ive not turned boost up yet, planing on re roteing my intercooler pipes first and see what happens then..... tbh i dont want to put the engine under to much stress as i dont want to kill it lol

Thanks given by:
The engine generally are good on hdi's... not as prone to hg failures or chucking rods like the 1.9... yet again wecant just turn a load of screws to max!! Fair play really

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
The car is now running a 140bhp 240lbs map all is well at the mo, will be uping the remap agin in the next week or so if I dont run in to any problems, really do recomend mr wippy (dave) top guy constanly anwsering my questions etc well recomended

Thanks given by:
Not much of an update really, car gose really well now love it how barely have to press the accelerator to get it to move, still waiting to get the welding done hopefuly be done soon, aslo bought 2 new tyres rain sport 2's so just waiting for them to come, done a vid of the 30-70 time see what you guys think??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8U9TioWXBM&feature=plcp

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,964 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  D-Shed mspdan 5 1,420 31-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tom
  205 td shed kernow_joe 44 12,010 25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe