306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off
Hi all im new to this site ive owned several 306's in the past all being d turbos this is my first HDI not had it long only a few days really liking it at the min needs odd bit here and there but im slowly sorting the jobs, my first mods on the car have been a back box and k&n style filter loving the sound of the filter exhaust more looks carnt really hear it! any way let the pics do the talking :-)

[Image: 306new.jpg]
[Image: 306new1.jpg]
[Image: 306new2.jpg]

Before exhaust
[Image: 306new3.jpg]

First fit
[Image: 306new5.jpg]

After a bit of adjustment
[Image: 306new6.jpg]

Thats it for now plans/dreams are FMIC, turbo to back box straight though exhaust, remaped then after that not sure..... Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
looking good mate. first thing i would do is some lowerage. if you need any help then let me know. i know someome who is a wiz with lowering and is really cheap.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Definitely needs some lows, but looks good otherwise! You need to give me those wheels though, they'd look FAAAAR better on my dtub! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very nice start mate, and the best colour too! (of course I'm biased :p)
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments guys not sure about lowering as every time ive lowered a car looks good but makes it to harsh on the ride and a pain on bumps being a delivary driver thats not good for me so staying as it is for a while any way Update been to scrap yard agin got a new back light as mine was chiped, got a boot lock as mine not working and it turns out the screws rounded off Angry so carnt get it off gona have to drill the screws, also picked up my clips for window and some track rod ends, window now fixed (ended up glueing a clip to the window as it still kept comeing off, but now opens a lot more but still not all the way down not sure why but left it for now. Also my drivers seat had split on the seem so got my sis to to sew it back up as it was getting worse pic's here

before
[Image: 306new8.jpg]

After
[Image: 306new7.jpg]

Looking better i think, found a bummper cheap (mine is cracked) but strugleing to find paint code also noticed bonnet a slight different shade so gona look in to getting a bonnet to just waiting for peugeot to get back to me about paint code :-)

Thanks given by:
looking good mate, nice repair on that seat!! also, challengers always look sick on 306s Smile

as for the paint code, look in the boot for the vin plate, small ally plate riveted to the rear most panel, underneath the lock mechanism. stick your head in upside down and you should see it Smile
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Really nice looking car mate! Loving the wheels
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments guys really likeing the wheels now ive gave them a clean could do with a refurb cos previous owner had curbed them slightly Sad ive looked there mate as well as under bonnet and drivers door shut, still no joy not fussed now as managed to find a few body pannels same color now :-)

Thanks given by:
I just looked on my moonstone I havnt got a paint code either
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Update boring day to day so new track rod ends fitted and tracked up took 25 mins to remove old ones and fit new so much easyer than my old 106 took me 5 hours to remove them off that! my boot lock didnt work and had a long pice of speaker wire to pull when i needed to open it so got a new badge from scrappy found out there old one was only held on by one screw that had rounded of Angry so had to drill it then fitted new boot lock now sorted for time being but ive orded one of the custom painted ones off ebay so will be changing it agin as soon as it comes plus need to go to scrappy agin to get 2 more scres that hold it on as was gona re use mine but they wasnt any........ and last thing for today took the engine cover off gave it a good wash and then a quick polish not great could do with a re-spay (was painted by previous owner) but looks alot better for now!

Before
[Image: 306new14.jpg]

after
[Image: 306new15.jpg]

Next things on list to do
service it as dont no when it was done last says 8,000miles to next service on the indicator but dont trust that (just ordered K&N pannel filter as the cone filter no good for it)
decat and take the back box off and have a straight pipe with a tip (keep the center silencer less restrictive than a back box)
Then off to see mr wippy in leeds for a remap

Anyway comments welcome :-)

Thanks given by:
looking good mate. suits those wheels quite well

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The painted badges on eBay the bloke sells them on here and iirc they're cheaper on here. Smile but looking nice. Smile not sure about the white engine cover though. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Your car on a T plate will have the paint code as a 4 letter code on the back of the passenger side front suspension turret. Full Phase 3 went to the drivers door jam.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
bought the badge off ebay now wish i had nown before lol never mind stoped looking for the paint code now but thanks anyway

update post man bought me this yesterday so natraly bonnet was up before it had even gone near my letter box

[Image: 306new16.jpg]

Feels so much better than the shity cone filter feels smoother and wouldnt say massive power gain but feels slightly more faster Any way hope you like :-)

Thanks given by:
Replaced the bummper and wing yesterday and my old ones had some damage...... and Gave the car a clean and polish today

old bummper and wing
[Image: 306bits1.jpg]
[Image: 306bits.jpg]

And nice and clean :-)
[Image: DSC00475.jpg]
[Image: DSC00476.jpg]
[Image: DSC00478.jpg]
[Image: DSC00480.jpg]
[Image: DSC00479.jpg]
[Image: DSC00477.jpg]
[Image: DSC00481.jpg]

Not looking to bad if i say so my self ;-)

Thanks given by:
Looks lovely that mate. How does it ride on those tyres though, is it not a bit bouncy? Never had a 306 on 17s but they always look a bit big!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
tidy but defo need more lows.
Thanks given by:
I always thought 17's were to big tbh but when i got the car i feel in love with the wheels rides normal tbh i think if it was lowered it would be to hard but as it is now feels quite smooth........

Kingy you keep saying lower it lol but no plans on that yet all though i have had a quick go on photo shop to see what it would look like
[Image: 306hdiphotoshop.jpg]

New boot badge on today

[Image: 306new20.jpg]
[Image: 306new21.jpg]

Thanks given by:
i think the photo shop looks awsome mate.
Thanks given by:
Update painted boot floor to protect it also finally adjusted exhaust and im now happy its in the center lol any way heres the pic :-)

before
[Image: 306new22.jpg]
[Image: 306new23.jpg]

After
[Image: 306new26.jpg]

Exhaust it the center finally ;-)
[Image: 306new25.jpg]

And how close bumper was to floor when on ramps at back :-)
[Image: 306new24.jpg]

Any way comments welcome

Thanks given by:
That's how low you want it all the time! mine will only just go onto ramps, there's about 1.5mm left between the splitter and the floor when the back's up like that!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Looks good on those rims, tho why does it have black rub strips?
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2012, 04:59 PM)DaveW Wrote: Looks good on those rims, tho why does it have black rub strips?

Think there of the phase 2 but not sure why its not got phase 3 ones on, im keeping my eye out for some

Thanks given by:
Another update went to carboot yesterday found a can of moonstone blue spray paint thought it would come in handy (carnt complain for 50p ;-) ) So went round the car touching up bits and decied to paint the center console just as i finshed it the top of the paint can fooked up and started dripping every were Angry but dont look to bad far from perfect tho

Before
[Image: 306new28.jpg]

After
[Image: 306new27.jpg]

Thanks given by:
U just sprayed straight onto the car?
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2012, 11:46 AM)bowers Wrote: U just sprayed straight onto the car?

I took it off the car to spray it if thats what you mean??

Thanks given by:
Been to scrap yard today started to collect some pipe and other bits for intercooler

[Image: 306new29.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Picked these up 2day absolute BARGAIN £35!! no plans on putting them on but when i get bord they will get put on also been round scrappys looking for more pipe's for intercooler slowly getting there any way pic of the BARGAIN!!

[Image: 306new30.jpg]

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
With the 17s I recommend 40mm on front 55mm on back. That's how mine is on 17"s and IMO sits perfect.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Just seen your thred looks good like that what are the coilys like for going over bumps they rock hard?? also do yoy have any scraping??

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,965 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  D-Shed mspdan 5 1,420 31-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tom
  205 td shed kernow_joe 44 12,010 25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe