306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off
No scraping what so ever. I can even get on and off my drive which has a bump you have to go over as the drive is a hill. Speed bumps are a little harsh by the looks of it them coils are ta technics? I have ta technics and they're rather hard pot holes are horrid specially with the 17"s but they make up for it when you get a nice road. Smile iirc your from chesterfield so I recommend going to saxo parts in Langley mill for the rear beam as he charges £70 and great price for other stuff as well. He had my car for 12 hours doing bits and bobs including the rear beam which was siezd charged me £100.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2012, 10:36 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: No scraping what so ever. I can even get on and off my drive which has a bump you have to go over as the drive is a hill. Speed bumps are a little harsh by the looks of it them coils are ta technics? I have ta technics and they're rather hard pot holes are horrid specially with the 17"s but they make up for it when you get a nice road. Smile iirc your from chesterfield so I recommend going to saxo parts in Langley mill for the rear beam as he charges £70 and great price for other stuff as well. He had my car for 12 hours doing bits and bobs including the rear beam which was siezd charged me £100.

Not sure what make they are tbh, yer ive hurd of him gona have a bash my self first see if i can do it, if not i will take it to him...... no rush on the lowering side tho trying to make up my intercooler kit asap so i can get a stage 2 (limited toque) map but still collecting pieces up for makeing the kit up :-)

Thanks given by:
Update for today decied to have a bash at changing fuel filter was gonna take it to garage but thought well "how hard can it be" as it turned out not very hard at all to 30seconds to remove old filter, then 20seconds to put new filter in, then 10 mins swearing at the car cos i had but the lid on the wrong way and was a real pain to get back off lol after i got it off took 2 mins to find the right way and get it on and sorted, also had a look at lowering rear and i have run in to the same problem as i did with the 106 the off set washer is stuck (not gave up yet will have another go another day) then decied to sort my boot catch out as it only had one screw holding it in screwed the other 2 screws in, then put the cover back on (about 10 screws) shut the boot and it wouldn't open Angry so ended up laid in the boot removing the cover and opening the boot from the inside, after i got the boot open i took the boot catch off turned out there is a screw snapped of in the boot catch so as i screwed the screw in it just pushed the catch away...... any way all sorted now...... and finaly deiced to put engine cover back on thats been sat on table in house for last month lol heres couple of pics

Old and new filter looks like old filter not been changed in a very long time
[Image: 306new34.jpg]

Engine cover finaly back on
[Image: 306new35.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Well been a while since i updated i been spending most my time looking for stuff to make a front mount intercooler up for my car on the cheap currently stands me at £80 i think ive got all i need may need a few more elbows also ordered a digital boost gauge (the one that reads out in figures) and a pod for it nearly ready to start fitting stuff and mounting the intercooler. Carnt wait to feel the power of the stage 2 map as really getting bored of how slow the car is now (well its not exactly slow but getting boring as im used to it now)

[Image: 306new36.jpg]

Thanks given by:
i love that cover. you have to cut about 2 inch off the side though to get the top pipe through and move the throttle control. but for £80, thats mint ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
looking good matey glad those pipes are going to be put to good use Smile if you need a hand come fitting time give me a shout.
Thanks given by:
This reminds me of my first 306 (9 ago mind u) will defo keep my eye on this love moonstone.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2012, 01:13 PM)ash23 Wrote: looking good matey glad those pipes are going to be put to good use Smile if you need a hand come fitting time give me a shout.

Thanks for them mate defo come in handy! waiting for boost gauge to come (hopefuly be here tomorrow) then gona fit that and run wires for fans just going to run them off a switch in the car, after mount the cooler and i will check out how im gona run my pipe and see if i got enough think i may need a few more elbows but will get there eventually lol

Thanks given by:
Boost gauge come this morning so as you can gess i was fitting it straight away it didnt really go to plan as the pod didnt fit were i wanted to start with then i got the angle grinder out and now it fits (not the best fit but way better than before) also run wires ready to fit fans to a manual switch just waiting for the switch to come, hoping to mount intercooler tomorrow but will see how i feel in morning any way pics of boost gauge.....

[Image: 306new37.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Well update for today removed old fans, and air con rad (was planning on keeping air con but rad fell to bits lol), mounted 1 fan and run wires to a manual switch inside the car (second fan would have to be spaced 1 inch away from rad to fit) not sure if 1 will be enough but the car never goes above 80 degrees anyway! Mounted intercooler test fitted bummper found out it wouldn't fit move intercooler closer and it just touch's pipe at the bottom and about a fag paper at top, and managed to run one pipe up in to engine bay gona have to find some more elbows as ive ran out..... and thats it now till i find some more elbows. any way the pics

Old fans
[Image: 306new44.jpg]
New fan (alot slimer)
[Image: 306new45.jpg]

[Image: 306new38.jpg]
Mounted (second time round lol)
[Image: 306new39.jpg]
clearance (is this gona get enought air to cool or not????)
[Image: 306new40.jpg]
[Image: 306new41.jpg]
[Image: 306new42.jpg]
[Image: 306new43.jpg]

Can any one tell me if this is gona be enough to cool the air?? with it being so close behind bumper??

Thanks given by:
Should be alright.. Can always put the plate in the windscreen and break out the holesawWink
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2012, 07:47 PM)tomw1123 Wrote: Should be alright.. Can always put the plate in the windscreen and break out the holesawWink

Lol i thought this but i want the sleeper style and big holes in the bumper will get ppl thinking what an idiot destroying his own bumper lol

Thanks given by:
Looking really good mate!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 01:08 AM)gumball3000 Wrote: Looking really good mate!!

Thanks mate

Can any one else tell me if they think the intercooler will get enough air with it being so close behind bumper???

Thanks given by:
It'll get enough air.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Should be more than enough there, on the Focus TDCi engines the intercooler is mounted on the top of the engine, it draws all the air it needs through the tiny little grille at the front of the car!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The thing im thinking of is cos half the cooler is behind the bumper (behind the number plate) so no air is getting to it, so only the bit in the grill is getting air to it and i dont think will be enough to cool it may be wrong or just paranoid lol but just wanted to make sure before i run rest of pipes

Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 01:05 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: The thing im thinking of is cos half the cooler is behind the bumper (behind the number plate) so no air is getting to it, so only the bit in the grill is getting air to it and i dont think will be enough to cool it may be wrong or just paranoid lol but just wanted to make sure before i run rest of pipes

How can you be paranoid about charge temperatures considering your going from completely functional and intercool-less system to a fairly large and thick FMIC. Dodgy
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Cos imm will be turning the turbo up to create higher temps and want to make sure it will cool it enought as dont wana do all this for nothing

Thanks given by:
UPDATE

Deiced im selling the challengers when i come to remove them locking wheel nuts rounded off so spent 3 days removing them finally got them off with a mate welding a bolt to them, bought these cyclones the other day must be the brightest wheels ever lol (will let the pic do the talking) im going to re-spay them back to silver i think.....

[Image: 306new46.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Ill swap your challengers for a set of Lasers and a mars bar? Itwasntme

Might even make it a mars duo if your really lucky! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats a really good offer but I wanting the cash lol thanks anyway ;-)t

Thanks given by:
Update

Bought some wind deflectors cos fed up with not being able to open windows when raining with out getting wet lol, also been to scrappy today got loads of rubber elbows off the hdi van's and c5 hdi, also got engine cover of the c5 hdi so im keeping it looking standard, also ordered some low mileage injectors of ebay just waiting for them to come hopefully make my mpg go up a bit and sort the lumpy idle on cold...... next up fit injectors, replace wish bones and anti roll bar links, fit a shorter belt so i can remove the air compressor then finish off running pipes for the intercooler

pic of wind deflectors (ignore steel wheels waiting to get paint for cyclones)
[Image: 306new47.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Looks great mate! I'm thinking my next car will be a hdi. What sort of power is expected from the stage two map? And are you going limited torque to try and save the clutch?

Keep up the good work!
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2012, 02:31 PM)stephenraymond606 Wrote: Looks great mate! I'm thinking my next car will be a hdi. What sort of power is expected from the stage two map? And are you going limited torque to try and save the clutch?

Keep up the good work!

Yer gona be limited toque *waits abuse* not a fan of paying stupid money for a clutch when mine is fine anyway! not sure on power most ppl look at 150-160bhp i think and limited toque is around 250lb's i think but not 100% sure just be happy to get it done seems to be dragging out but bills come first.....

Thanks given by:
Well been to carboot today picked up some cheap paint the guy only had aluminum no silver so thought that should be ok, after the first coat i thought it would be way to bright lucky when i lackered them it darken them a bit managed to get 2 finshed today if its hot agin tomorrow will finish other 2 off any way let me no what you think :-)

[Image: 306new48.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. Excellent job!
Thanks given by:
Finshed Alloys after finding out bolts of the challengers didnt fit, and finding that pug charge £6.98 per bolt! found a guy who had some so went and got them straight away so i could be put them, really liking the look of the car now handles loads better now..... all in all im happy defo think it could do with lowering..... any way what do you think???

[Image: 306new49.jpg]
[Image: 306new50.jpg]
[Image: 306new51.jpg]

Thanks given by:
You shouldn't be turning the boost up more than a couple of psi, and as silverzx says, what you've done will be more than adequate for stage 2. Although i'm intrigued about your pipe routing, where are taking that pipe that pokes up by the ns headlight?

Also, please don't take a hole-saw to your bumper, it looks daft and is actually pretty ineffective, there's a reason planes use pieces of drilled ally as air-brakes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 10:02 AM)Poodle Wrote: You shouldn't be turning the boost up more than a couple of psi, and as silverzx says, what you've done will be more than adequate for stage 2. Although i'm intrigued about your pipe routing, where are taking that pipe that pokes up by the ns headlight?

Also, please don't take a hole-saw to your bumper, it looks daft and is actually pretty ineffective, there's a reason planes use pieces of drilled ally as air-brakes.

Standard psi is 14-15 i think?? i will be looking at around 19psi hopefully..... pipe route the one near the head light is going to inlet will hopefully come in front of air box then run down side of the air filtter box to the inlet, the other side will come side of rad then elbow to take it towards drivers side then another elbow to the 406 bottom pipe at side of sump (these how i see it in my head anyway) the air con pump is being removed to make room for the bottom pipe.........

Another update injectors have just come so will get in to garage asap to get them swapped, and ordered new shorter belt to remove the air con pump :-D

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,970 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  D-Shed mspdan 5 1,420 31-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tom
  205 td shed kernow_joe 44 12,014 25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe