Recommend me a sub!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a sub!
There's a 12 on eBay at the moment with a starting price of £80 and I doubt it will go any more than that tbh so maybe worth opening the bidding or lotsnipe it ninja
I have a 10 that I paid £60 for in a box but that's to go in my planned install Big Grin
I'll have a word with my mate who used to have some enclosures in his shed stacked up in the corner.
Think he also had some jl w12's but may have sold them and I know he's strapped for cash at the moment

There's not wrong with being picky about audio and the hammers are so underrated its criminal.
There are very few people that actually appreciate how good they actually are considering they are rainbows entry level subs.
Did you see the SPL achievable of the 10's on that PDF spec sheet? think what a 12 is capable of then and remember they can also be set up for SQL - twin voice coils too!! Oh and they also have a nice bit of excursion as well.

ps - think you can put a saved search on eBay and they notify you the minute one comes up.
Thanks given by:
If you're still looking for a sub and amp you can make me an offer for mine if you like 12" Mutant in the sub box already and a 500W Toxic amp the sub itself aint that old it was fitted in a mate's car that was put in a ditch was only fitted for a few days IIRC the Toxic amp came out my old car as it was the best one I've bought TBH would stick it in the DTub but not got a f*cking clue where the hell to route the wires and for some reason my boot floor is stuck down...
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not after a amp. Thanks to andy I've got a nice Boston accoustics amp to power it (btw andy if you read this, that amp sounds amazing!)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That Boston amp is the last of the old stuff before they fully switched production to Malaysia including sourcing cheap parts.
All the old GT series amps like that one were either made in the US from American sourced parts or some of the old boards and cases were shipped to Malaysia and assembled there using up the remaining US sourced parts.
I wouldn't go anywhere near the new Boston stuff they are selling and instead only look out for the old GT series amps as the build quality and components used are brilliant and audiophile quality.
The amp that Niall had off me was a silly stupid price to be fair for what it is, i sold it to him for roughly what I paid someone who didn't have a clue as I wanted it off my hands because I was struggling to get the other amps I needed from that series for my planned install
Earlier in the year I tried to buy the baby brother 2 channel amp to match on ebay - it had a lot of cosmetic damage and still sold for £75 so Niall got a total bargain IMO

Unluckily for Niall he has absolutely no chance of prising my 'New Old Stock' Boston Z6 components from me - they are the Holy Grail in 6.5 inch comps.
[Image: 5ad9a526-6338-0e69.jpg]
[Image: 5ad9a526-6364-b88e.jpg]
Old school Boston amps and speakers kick ass in terms of quality and those in the know keep quiet about it.
The new stuff, imo is terrible in comparison and has shat on their hallowed name from a great height.
Thanks given by: