Project Pharoah !!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Pharoah !!!!!
106 GTi engine wouldn't be too hard, possibly fiddle with the down pipe, swap all the wiring and ecu etc over and job's a good'un! On average they're 125bhp standard, bigger cams and breathing mods can see 140ish, plently of scope afterwards, too for ITB's or boost.
Thanks given by:
^^ this

or, the newer (jp4 ?) one that people do conversions to, same power, lower mileage examples tho
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'm tempted with a gti6 lump or maybe somethig out of another car Honda b18 etc not sure yet won't be for a while so hot plenty of time to think :-)
Thanks given by:
The JP4 head is a lot better flowing, too. They're used in 307's etc
Thanks given by:
Always wanted to try a 306 with a 106 GTI engine, my 106 GTI was a right f*cking rocket but it weighed a lot less than a 306. They are an underrated engine, mine pulled 126bhp on the dyno standard and I got 46mpg going to Cornwall in it!

Iirc, late model 1.6 306's are plug and play for GTI engines, but don't quote me on that Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Think I'll start looking into it more when I've got it tidied up , gotta finish the hdi first :-)
Thanks given by:
Ba news the hdi has a starting issue this happened about 6 moths ago I checked all wires fuses relays pumps and connections all ok :-( its off to the garage tomorrow and if they any find what's wrong I'm gunna assume it's the Ecu that's dodge what are people's thoughts ??
Thanks given by:
Check the guide section: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1497.html
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmmm I can't really hear the pump in the fuel tank :-( does anyone know if the pump in my petrol 306 will fit / work ??
Thanks given by:
Don't try it, they're not compatible. If the lp pump isn't running that will almost certainly be your problem, does it start working when you hit it with a hammer? Does it get voltage when you turn the ignition on?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It was getting voltage time I checked but I've only just noticed there's no faint buzz from the pump :-(
Thanks given by:
Only other thing it could be is the brown relay behind the ecu, unplug that and check it for signs of arcing or poor contact. If that looks good then its new lp pump time.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Is that ye one by that black box behind an under the Ecu that an absolute Bastid to get at ???
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 09:25 PM)Poodle Wrote: Only other thing it could be is the brown relay behind the ecu, unplug that and check it for signs of arcing or poor contact. If that looks good then its new lp pump time.

It was the relay lol gave it a wiggle and a clean and boom started so have ordered a new one just to be safe
Thanks given by:
Hahah good stuff, glad it worked.

*cough* rep! *cough*
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
think i like it more with the red wheels
lookin good ,
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 07:19 PM)spillage Wrote: think i like it more with the red wheels
lookin good ,

Surely not :-0 !!!!!
Thanks given by:
Not of an update as the engine went pop new block and it's been reassembled all he needs now is a new rail of injectors and gel be right as rain :-)
Thanks given by:
Ok so today finally got around to fitting the spare bumper so no more crack thanks to a badger :-( my mate Tom will be uploading pics later also fitted some rallye blanks to the bumper I'm not sure yet if I like them but they are growing on me sorted my gammy badge and engine cover hopefully in the next few days itl be draggin balls on coilovers :-) pics to follow

Thanks given by:

Get those lows and we will be cooking!!!
Thanks given by:
Get that yellow lion off the engine cover and respray it gold FFS!! They're only held in place with double sided tape and prise off easily.......it'll look much better!

p.s you expansion tank cap doesn't look like it's on properly either lol........bumper looks better thoughWink
Thanks given by:
Thanks for reminding me its not lol I loosened it cos the constant squeaking peed me off as tha car cooled down I kinda liked the yellow against the gunmetal lol yeah that's my plan to have it gold but with those bulges gunmetal ?? Just didn't have any gold paint coupled with my impatience lol :-)

It's nice to have a bumper that's not bendy and floppy still not 100% on the rallye blanks tho maybe itl look better when it's lower
Thanks given by:
This is how I did mine....gloss black all over with a gold lion, ties it in nicely with the rest of the gold/black theme on mine.

[Image: cover.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's quite smart might try gloss black with gold bumps see what I think
Thanks given by:
That's look good, I ended up doing all the plastic covers in black, ie airbox, fuse box air intake scoop and also got hold of a PAS reservoir cover.....looks like this now....

[Image: Carbits025-1.jpg]

when I get a chance the strut brace will be done gloss black too
Thanks given by:
For some reason my battery has no big plastic box to sit in :-( or cover :-( or I'd do the same but in gunmetal kinda want big plastic covers to cover the whole engine bay like newer cars that would look miles tidier than mine, and I need to get my ass in gear with the old gti arb and omp brace, but I'm trying to save for a special set of wheels which will make literally everyone on this forum get a Hard on, still abit indecisive about wether im gunna drive this hdi as hard as I drive my st lol
Thanks given by:
Mine didn't come with that battery box either mate.......but they're easy to get hold of and fit.
Thanks given by:
Might look into that just makes it look that little bit tidier
Thanks given by:
    right I'm undecided do I put my smooth grill and bonnet back in it do I leave it ???

do I keep the rallye blanks or put fogs back in :-( I just don't know

do I set my other car alight cos it's not a 306 or do I fix it's gearbox ???

Someone please take this car lol
Thanks given by:
Mate, fit the smooth bonnet and keep fog blanks, will look amazing
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project pharoah / project indecisive Jukie88 0 1,131 14-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Jukie88