Baking with mother.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baking with mother.
Ive been making mince pies this morning with the help of my mum cos i cant make pastry for shit. They is well pretty and well tasty too. Ill put up a pic in a min.

Gonna make home made mincemeat for next year.

So show us what treats your making for Christmas.
Thanks given by:
Be over in 5 lol
Thanks given by:
Be sure to see some cookies in here from emma at some point soon lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ill pop the kettle on then
Thanks given by:
C00K135!

That is all.
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
take them to ace cafe dum?

i wont be there, but share the love anyway
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Fooby why you not going to be there? Massive fail!!! Also yes Dum make some and brig them along Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Chris pastry is the easiest thing in the world to make bud next time your around I'll treat you to my famous stew an homemade dumplings they is the shizzle ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This year, for my work lot, I'm making a selection of brownies, cookies, flapjack and liquor chocolates! All home made Smile
Thanks given by:
I made homemade mincemeat this year. Haven't tried it yet thou!
Thanks given by:
I eat all the lovely stuff my wonderful fiancé bakes far too quickly for her to ever get a chance to post pictures... And she does make the best cookies!!! With icing and chocolate icing, and hundreds and thousands... Nom nom nom! I'm turning into a fat bastard! Smile
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
great...i`m being praped!!!!!!
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
So far we've made chilli jelly, apple and ginger marmalade, chinese chews and gingerbread. Yet to come are cranberry flapjacks, condensed milk cookies, fudge, cranberry and coconut snowballs, the mince pies are being made today and i'll be making our usual batch of special chocolate brownies on Thursday... Wink

Will get some photos later, the chilli jelly is really pretty lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:So far we've made chilli jelly, apple and ginger marmalade, chinese chews and gingerbread. Yet to come are cranberry flapjacks, condensed milk cookies, fudge, cranberry and coconut snowballs, the mince pies are being made today and i'll be making our usual batch of special chocolate brownies on Thursday... Wink

Will get some photos later, the chilli jelly is really pretty lol.

That all sounds awesome, but chili jelly?? Wtf? Never ward is that before haha
Thanks given by:
Chilli jelly is so weird! Spicy yet cooling!
Thanks given by:
Mmmmm ginger marmalade. I love rhubarb and ginger marmalade but the rhubarb thing in our garden barely yields enough for a decent crumble far less enough to do marmalade as well
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Mmmmm ginger marmalade. I love rhubarb and ginger marmalade but the rhubarb thing in our garden barely yields enough for a decent crumble far less enough to do marmalade as well

you need to go and pee on the rubarb chris is will bring it along Wink

oh while its growing not after youve picked it :naughty:
Thanks given by:
Yeah i'd never heard of it before either, tasty though. Just remembered the runner bean chutney we made this summer too, home-made (read: "cheap" lol) presents ftw!

Hmmm, trying to upload but photobucket has decided i'm signing in from a mobile and won't accept files sent as anything other than MMS... O.o

Fooby help! Sad
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Here we go:

[Image: DSC01135.jpg]

And my strangely seductive gingerbread man:

[Image: DSC01134.jpg]
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ha ha ginger bread man looks stoned as !! quality bud!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
LOL your ginger man has messed up eyes, theyer either horny eyes or stoned eyes, tbh could be both
Thanks given by:
Right my mince pies

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Not quite baking but I've made some cider this year (both apple and pear). I bottled it yesterday afternoon and have now got 6 pints of pear cider and 18 pints of apple (oh and a demi-john of apple as well - approx 4.5l). Give it another week to mature and it will be ready for Christmas Day Big GrinD I *may* have already sampled it and it nice, quite dry, almost wine-like.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
How many apples did you need to make that much cider as ive been tempted to do it with the apples out of my garden. Also how did you press them
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:How many apples did you need to make that much cider as ive been tempted to do it with the apples out of my garden. Also how did you press them

I used one bin liner (well, actually a charity bag) per Demi-John (each of which gives approx 6/7 pints). So it's a fair amount of apples, although mine all came from one tree, a guy at work said he'd bring me a few apples in, was expecting a carrier bag or so, and he turned up with 2 charity bags full Confusedhock:. As for pressing them, I didn't, I cheated and used a fruit juicer and a sieve.

Followed these "instructions" http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple- ... /?ALLSTEPS
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Awesome, added link to my favorites as im gonna have a bash at that next year.
Thanks given by:
My dad makes vodka for Christmas every year Smile
Thanks given by:
We're making cider next year, got a customer that gives me a carrier bag of apples every week and throws tree-loads away. Elderberry wine is on the list too. We've already got blackberry vodka and raspberry gin(?) in the cupboard. At least I think it's gin, forgot to label them lol, should make it more interesting when it comes to taste-testing - "guess the dodgy home-brew..." heh heh.

Can't believe no-one else is going to comment on the hearts on Dum-dum's pies...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Dum these pies had best be making an appearance tonight at ace!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:Dum these pies had best be making an appearance tonight at ace!

I second this
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mother of god declantg 31 4,753 18-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Ruan