Peugeot Expert calipers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot Expert calipers
Right after seeing a expert van with the front wheel off next door earlier i noticed it had twin pot caliper. Now this got me thinking as pretty sure they have the 15" steels on. Now im thinking this may be a good cheap solution aswell as a fairly good way to retain my cyclones with the low bost.

So to start any one ever had any experience with these calipers

would these give much benifit over standered gti brakes? As these van do have over a 2 tone gross weight

Would i actualy even be able to fit these? With ouy spending silly amounts of cash

Will any one actually make any decent pads for these calipers?

Finaly can any one actually answer these questions lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i like the idea. im looking around for an upgrade. the discs are smaller than the standard 6 ones, and they are 5 stud. because the van is one of the universal ones, scudo, partner and expert, things are pretty cheap for them.
sorry but i sisnt answer any of the above questions lmao
Thanks given by:
I havent researched disc size, but if i can make up a bracket/spacer i maybe able to use a gti disc therefore solving the 5 stud issue, either way though you should be able to find a 108x4 pcd disc to suite the calipers

Thanks given by:
How are the calipers fitted to the expert? Will they need adapters for the 306 hubs?

Also what's the total surface area of the pistons compared to a gti single piston? Almost pointless upgrade if surface area is lower and disc size is smaller. More even brake force yes, but more pistons =/= better braking all the time
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well to be honest iv done no research on the subject as of yet, they look to be 283 or bigger and the pad surface area looks to be alot bigger but like i said done no research yet, i may do inabit if i get a chance

Thanks given by:
Have a look If you get chance. See loads of experts in the scrappies, brakes would be cheap as hell to buy and nowhere near as rare as the 302mm ones.

Will do some digging myself actually!
Thanks given by:
1st bit of research 285 disc so so has to be better than a 6 caliper right?? also rann on the 807

Thanks given by:
Only better if they provide more braking force than a gti caliper, surface area means more contact between pad and disc but they need to deliver a good braking force too.

Generally speaking if the total piston size is more than the gti then yes, they'll provide more braking force. Also can you tell if they're lug or radially mounted? If they need adapters machined they wouldn't be worth the effort.

There's a nice set of 607 brembo's on eBay for a bargain at the mo, wonder if they'd fit..?
Thanks given by:
Just to add my bit to this thread, there are a few different sized brakes on the expert from about 01-07, a 15" disc and 2 different 16" discs
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The 4007 has twin piston calipers too. I have a set here that id be willing to sell cheap. Theyer not a straight fit as the 306 uses 80mm bolt spacing and the 4007 uses 130mm (ish)
Thanks given by:
Ahh the expert ones won't fit easily then either, they're roughly 100mm+
Thanks given by:
What about 307 HDi brakes?

283mm, but thicker discs and the calipers are bigger... Heavier yes, but not massively...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: